EUC World support for Samsung watches

Seba

What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?

• Samsung Galaxy Gear
    • Samsung Gear 2
    • Samsung Gear Live
    • Samsung Gear S
    • Samsung Gear S2
    • Samsung Gear S3
    • Samsung Gear Sport
    • Samsung Gear Fit
    • Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2

@Seba do you mind sharing how progress is going with a Tizen version of EUC.WORLD is going?

And also if you plan this to be a stand alone App option for Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE in future? I know this would be battery heavy, but it would be a sweet option as you don't need a phone to accompany you. Phone seems to grow in size in general by every release.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this will help some of you who can't decide whether to buy a Samsung Watch just for the EUC World Tizen App.

At least that's what happened to me, because otherwise I'd have to have my smartphone in my hand all the time anyway, when the watch can't do anything more than display the EUC World app and the time. :efee612b4b:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

...that also means he can release the tizen watchface of euc.world at Feb. 28th :P ahahhahahaahhahahahaha

Would be too good to be true. February has 29 days this year. Seba has chosen it very cleverly. :crying:

• Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 3:47 PM, travsformation said:

Yeah, I agree! :thumbup:

And another way of voting for Tizen EUC World support is with your dollars ;)

Since @Seba is a bit shy about asking for donations, I'll just leave the link here, and you can make a donation specifically for Tizen development  :)

Sorry but the link presented here to support the Tizen development is dead. :(
Do somebody have a working link please? I would like to support @Saba's great work
Thank you guys very much.

6 hours ago, Seba said:

I'm currently switching moving away from PayPal, as their relatively high costs and unfavourable exchange rates eats significant part of each donation. Within next days integration with DotPay payment agent will be finished and you'll be able to support EUC World project. Thanks in advance :cheers:

I've never heard of DotPay. A quick search indicates that it's a Polish system. Although PayPal costs may be higher, isn't it better to use a near universal payment system than one where the vast majority of the planet is ignorant of?

I guess you'll have objective data soon enough to know if donations increase or decrease.

3 hours ago, Seba said:

DotPay may not be as well-known company as PayPal, but it is one of many national, European payment operators. It's one of first online payment agents in Poland, offers the same level of security as PayPal, meets the same standards, but is way cheaper, provides more integration options and has way better support.

This is similar to the situation with mobile operators - do you remember our conversation about cellular operators and data plan costs/limitations? Just like you don't recognize DotPay, I bet you never heard of mobile operator called Plus GSM. Here in Poland, it's largest GSM operator that currently offers 4G LTE+ data plan with limit of 60 GB per month when outside of LTE coverage and without limit when within LTE coverage for about $13 (50 PLN) a month. 

Conclusion is simple - being recognized worldwide doesn't automatically means being the best :) Often it's opposite - such companies take advantage of their dominant position at the expense of their customers.

I don't think that any decrease in donations will be caused by using DotPay services instead of PayPal. If one wants to support EUC World, he will make a donation regardless of the operator. But if one just wants to use EUC World without wanting to give a dime, no operator will change it.

Actually I've been think of promoting your app a bit more. I haven't looked into the details, but will DotPay be the only means of supporting you. I can pretty much guarantee the American market won't support it (DotPay) but I have zero insight into whether that matters.