EUC World support for Samsung watches

Seba

What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?

• Samsung Galaxy Gear
    • Samsung Gear 2
    • Samsung Gear Live
    • Samsung Gear S
    • Samsung Gear S2
    • Samsung Gear S3
    • Samsung Gear Sport
    • Samsung Gear Fit
    • Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2

30 minutes ago, Seba said:

Good news - EUC World companion application for Samsung Gear watches should be now available also on non-Samsung phones :thumbup: Now I'll try to make it compatible with Tizen 2.3+ watches like Gear S2. Keep fingers crossed! ;) 

There is Samsung in our country. :facepalm: The Samsung door doesn't open easily. However, with your efforts, Samsung's door has begun to open. You are great. :thumbup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Enter "Watch settings" in phone app and make sure  "Enable power-saving mode" is checked.

That means you have to accept the other limitations of the energy saving mode if you want the display to switch off automatically? Is the display of the values then less accurate and delayed? What disadvantages would I cause by switching on the energy saving mode?

layout-2020-5-19

I just downloaded EUC WORLD and connected it to Samsung Galaxy Watch (Tizen). :efee47c9c8:

The Galaxy Watch (Gear) has changed from Tizen to Android (Galaxy Gear).The disadvantage is that the battery is running out too fast and the heat is too high to use. :efeffe9e4a:

I bought and used LEM4 PRO Watch, and I'm so happy to be able to use EUC WORLD directly on the Galaxy Watch (Tizen). :efefa6edcf:

Oh, that's great..:eff034a94a:

Edited by Lindsey
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, buell47 said:

That means you have to accept the other limitations of the energy saving mode if you want the display to switch off automatically? Is the display of the values then less accurate and delayed? What disadvantages would I cause by switching on the energy saving mode?

No, there are no other limitations and it doesn't impact accuracy or refresh rate.

• Like 3

For some reason my galaxy gear s3 euc app didn't want to connect to my phone euc world apps (Asus Rog2 phone) 

The watch connect to my phone without a problem, and I've just installed euc app on my gear s3 but it didn't want to connect to my phone. Is there any solution for this problem? 

6 hours ago, Seba said:

No, there are no other limitations and it doesn't impact accuracy or refresh rate.

I just asked because of the description below:

Enable power-saving mode 

"This will extend watch battery life but will limit responsiveness and functionality". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Enable power-saving mode 

"This will extend watch battery life but will limit responsiveness and functionality". 

It will prevent"screen allways on" if active on my active 1. When not enables screen seems to be allways on (or very long time out) so for sure power draw will decrease when active but means you need to turn wrist to activate....but EUC riding is probably "shaky enough" to activate it even without wrist turning 😁

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Enable power-saving mode 

Haha :) This is because this text was created for Wear OS app, when Samsung app was only existing in my dreams :P :D

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kai Sosceles said:

Anyone have this working on a Fit2 Pro? Would buy one straight away just for this app, but dont wanna drop the cash without seeing it work on that device. :-/

No, it won't work on armbands. EUC World  for Samsung is designed to work on smartwatches running Tizen 3.0 or newer - Gear S3, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Watch Active and Galaxy Watch Active 2.

• Like 1

Which "button" does this refer to?

I habe two buttons on my galaxy active 1, but neither seem tonwork different than normal.

Is it maybe only for galaxy watch or something (watches with more buttons?)

(Tap gestures works, tested offline)

Screenshot_20200520-120232_EUC World.jpg

Edited by Boogieman

4 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Which "button" does this refer to?

I habe two buttons on my galaxy active 1, but neither seem tonwork different than normal.

Is it maybe only for galaxy watch or something (watches with more buttons?)

(Tap gestures works, tested offline)

In case of Samsung watches button is not supported. It works only in Wear OS and Pebble.

• Like 3

I noted that my active 1 (new) watch time between recharges went from 48 hours to less than 24 after installing and trying the app out.

Do i need to close it somehow to prevent power draw? Will check more specifically what happens, but as of now that is the only thing i did from one day to next.

Only tested it a few minutes since my wheel is in pieces being rebuilt, re-tyred, re-painted as we speak :-) moved the beeper closer to the front holes on the tesla so the horn (internal beeper mode) can be heard BETTER (and i will hear beeps pre crash better). Increase for pedal angle for ground clearance. Drilling to end of cracks and adding home made HUUUGE thick aluminum washers for the mount of the plastics to the pedal/hub brackets (horrible China solution originally with super thin washers and M5 screws *6*2 holding the entire weight of batteries) I had cracks running from many holes so these need to be stopped with a hole and then mega washers covering entire plastic surface to distribute the load better

Edited by Boogieman

9 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

I noted that my active 1 (new) watch time between recharges went from 48 hours to less than 24 after installing and trying the app out.

Do i need to close it somehow to prevent power draw? Will check more specifically what happens, but as of now that is the only thing i did from one day to next.

Only tested it a few minutes since my wheel is in pieces being rebuilt, re-tyred, re-painted as we speak :-) moved the beeper closer to the front holes on the tesla so the horn (internal beeper mode) can be heard BETTER (and i will hear beeps pre crash better)

The way Samsung get decent battery to is by forcing pawersave functionality on hard. So most this run at the rule of glance mode only. When I use EWT (EUC.WORLD Tizen) I have it running in non-powersave functions. It seems you have some way to quit an app from running in background but I have not really found (figured out) a good way for that yet. 

As my testing during beta phase I have come to the conclusion that this more down to Tizen/Samsung than the app itself. 

I know @Seba is in EUC camp [4 day ride trip] so he might be able to share some details after the weekend. 

Woouuuvv. Can't get my hands down. I'm falling to the dust and send all the best wibes and thanx to the mighty Seba :thumbup::clap3::cheers::w00t2:

Samsung Active2 + EUC World app is just the BEST!

• Like 1

This is amazing! I have both a wear OS and Samsung active 2.. Have been looking fwd to this on Tizen since its been announced! Awesome work @Seba and thank you!

I do have a few questions..

If i click the box to save power on watch.. Once the screen switches back to my watchface after a few mins, turning my wrist will not activate EUCworld screen again. I have to physically launch the app again on my watch.. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.. or if this is how it is supposed to work!

I get decent battery even with it on all the time.. I mean it does drain, but that is expected with an app active at all times.. 

My second question is, will this auto launch when launching the app on the phone like in wear os? 

Really really awesome job on this! While i love my TicWatch Pro.. Not having to switch watches when i go out riding is amazing!

Thanks again for working on this awesome app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

If i click the box to save power on watch.. Once the screen switches back to my watchface after a few mins, turning my wrist will not activate EUCworld screen again. I have to physically launch the app again on my watch.. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.. or if this is how it is supposed to work!

This seems to be how it works. Maybe sometimes/somehow an EUC World watchface is possible to overcome this?

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

My second question is, will this auto launch when launching the app on the phone like in wear os? 

This works only with wear os. :(

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 4:13 PM, jimjam.nyc said:

This is amazing! I have both a wear OS and Samsung active 2.. Have been looking fwd to this on Tizen since its been announced! Awesome work @Seba and thank you!

I do have a few questions..

I get decent battery even with it on all the time.. I mean it does drain, but that is expected with an app active at all times.. 

Really really awesome job on this! While i love my TicWatch Pro.. Not having to switch watches when i go out riding is amazing!

Thanks again for working on this awesome app

See my post above :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Seba,

Is it normal that after closing the EUC World app the notification bar still says "EUC World - Samsung Gear - Smartwatch is connected", although this message disappears on the smartphone after closing the app, but reappears in the notification bar 2-3 seconds later? 

This does not change if I close the Tizen app before or after closing the EUC World app on my smartphone (2x back button). Not even if I turn off the galaxy watch before or after closing the EUC World app on my smartphone. The message will only disappear if I force the EUC World app to close via the App Manager. 

Edited by buell47

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 9:59 AM, Enthusiast said:

I tested the new EUC World app for my Samsung Galaxy watch and want to share some experiences. Please note that you must first install EUC World as an app on your phone. Next step is to use Samsung's wearable clock app (on the phone) to install the EUC World app on the watch (it is an app separate from the app in the phone but they will communicate between each other). There are a few settings that are likely to make the EUC World watch app work better:

1. In the Galaxy wearable app (in your phone): Default is that the latest app is kept on top on the watch screen for a short time (I think it was 20 seconds). After that it reverts back to the standard clock and it is a bit of a fiddle to find EUC World again. This setting could be increased to one hour so twisting my arm within one hour will get me back to the EUC world app.directly

On my Samsung active 1 (paired with sammy s9+ that is also paired with galaxy buds) , it works like this

Power save mode OFF:

Screen allways on, app allways on top.

Watch last only a few HOURS before empty when riding, so cant use this.

Power save mode ON:

Watch batt last closer to normal (normal 2+ days) like a day. Acceptable when riding :)

Most of the time when screen turns OFF it switches top app, EUC WORLD, to watch face in the background ALLMOST imediatelly (strangely at rare ocassions it stays on top for longer...like several minutes, seems to be if i have warning sounds or speech coming in my head phones from the phone app....is there some "keep awake" going to the watch at the same time?)

Unless i flick my wrist ever 10-20seconds or so, next time i flick wrist or tap screen to see euc world data, its NOT ON TOP. I have to swipe left and open app (opens imediatelly on top when doing this, so its not closed, just put below watch face).

Is there any way to "keep euc world" on top ALLWAYS on the watch as long as its open?

I have no problem force closing it after riding, but it gets very annoying (could get dangerous) to fiddle with app opening every time i meed watch info....+ Horn gets useless as i passes the obstacle before i even get the app back on top.

For sure the biggest caveat with the watch app right now. Everything else works nicely :-)

Edited by Boogieman

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Is there any way to "keep euc world" on top ALLWAYS on the watch as long as its open?

In the watch settings the duration after which the app goes to background and the watchface appears can be set up to one hour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boogieman said:

the other trick i did.. was set the double click option for the watch button to open euc world.. So while riding i can double click the button to get it to open..  Not the best solution, but better than screen swiping and things.. 

The time out option works nice.. An hour is a good amount of time. With both of those settings i am usually good.

• Like 2