EUC World support for Samsung watches

Seba

What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?

• Samsung Galaxy Gear
    • Samsung Gear 2
    • Samsung Gear Live
    • Samsung Gear S
    • Samsung Gear S2
    • Samsung Gear S3
    • Samsung Gear Sport
    • Samsung Gear Fit
    • Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2

19 minutes ago, Seba said:

At the same time I had many problems with DotPay,

I'd assume this is a typo and you meant Paypal here?

22 minutes ago, Seba said:

And I don't think that using DotPay instead of PayPal should be a reason to refuse this support.

I won't see any problem neither - one is "secured" by his credit card company anyway! Like with any online shop one uses his credit card - in case something goes wrong one can stop/cancel/correct any payment. And this sites/shops/service providers don't really get the credit card data, but "payments from the credit card company".

Just for regularly payments some data has to be deposited.

Most presumably support payments to you via Dotpay can be made via paypal, too? So another "intransparent" layer of security could be used...

• Like 1

@Seba I used paypal to send you a donation last year and the transaction appeared to go through ok.  Paypal did add their service fee to the amount, which I gladly absorbed, so you would receive the full amount. If things have changed I can go the dot pay route in the future. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@Seba I used paypal to send you a donation last year and the transaction appeared to go through ok.  Paypal did add their service fee to the amount, which I gladly absorbed, so you would receive the full amount. If things have changed I can go the dot pay route in the future. 

The point is that things are little different now. I'm a software developer. To avoid problems with tax office now I have to treat all current donations as normal benefits that have to be taxed. It's because donations in Poland are exempted from tax to some extent, but only for individuals that doesn't run a business. According to my accountant, my involvement in EUC World can be considered as an organised business by tax office, thus accepting donations in the way I did last year could be considered a tax evasion. This is why now I have to pay income tax from each donation and why I no longer can use private account on PayPal or anywhere :(

• Like 3

All unnecessary effort, but in order not to throw money into the state's jaws, I would register a side business and offset your expenses, which are probably higher, in order to get VAT and income tax back from the tax office. :)

8 hours ago, Seba said:

Marty, I can understand that as an American company, PayPal is most recognized and trusted in US. But it's a classic chain of trust. I chose DotPay because for me this is a trustworthy, reliable and proven partner. If someone wants to support EUC World it's most probably because he trust me. I choose DotPay as a payment operator because I'm sure it is in no way less trustworthy than PayPal. For many years it has been handling online payments in Central Europe. DotPay is officially recognized by Polish Financial Supervision Authority (Polish equivalent of American SEC). It's cooperating with Google, Apple, Visa and Mastercard. It's fully regulated by EU law and have to comply with the same strict regulations as PayPal.

Company I work for is cooperating with DotPay for years. I have never experienced any problem, nor any of our customers. Rates are good, company works transparently, customer support is great. At the same time I had many problems with PayPal, currently I can't finish dispute with them for almost two months. I don't see it a reliable partner. And being a PayPal most costly (for $2 donation it keeps 16 % on fees and conversion rate) is a least issue here. I could live with this if the rest would work great.

If one doesn't trust company I choose to operate donation payments sent to me, shouln't also trust me and should immediately stop using EUC World. It's not a business for me. Over entire last year I put hundreds of hours to make EUC World as best as possible. I invested substantial amounts of my own money into this project - I had to bought dedicated Dell server, bunch of SSD disks to host the database and user files, capable Internet access, domain, certificates, tools, EUC parts, smartwatches, Flic 2 buttons etc. etc. Only thanks to some individual donors and @Jason McNeil from eWheels as the most generous, I was able to cover substantial costs of running and developing EUC World project (app, website, smartwatch apps and some accompanying research projects like charger control etc.). It's thanks to @Jason McNeil who supported adding full King Song support to EUC World. Sad to say, but King Song role was minimal. Jason convinced them to give me some technical details about their protocol, but after all I had to reverse engineer most of it by myself.

I can spare a substantial amounts of my time to develop EUC World - it's my passion and I feel really great seeing that people are happy using EUC World. I can't however invest my money into application that is free for everyone. As I said, it's not a business for me and the only thing I expect is to get costs covered. I'll be fine with it. I hope that community will understand this and continue supporting EUC World, especially that there is increasing demant for iOS version. And I don't think that using DotPay instead of PayPal should be a reason to refuse this support. But of course, it's only my personal point of view.

Sebastian, I fully understand your situation. I'm sorry to be adding so much noise to the discussion. I'm actually thinking of you and worried that you'll get less donations (from Americans). But like I said, maybe that doesn't matter. I have zero insight (and I don't need any insight) into your donation streams.

I have zero doubts about DotPay. Speaking personally, it's difficult to justify signing up to another financial institution to make a donation when I'll never use that payment system again. We are bombarded with a thousand payment systems. Now again, "I" may be willing to do this, but I suspect most local people that have never heard of DotPay will shrug their shoulders and move on. Again, I have zero insight as to whether this will matter to you. I assume it doesn't.

But I will be promoting your app more via your website. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Seba said:

Marty, I can understand that as an American company, PayPal is most recognized and trusted in US. But it's a classic chain of trust. I chose DotPay because for me this is a trustworthy, reliable and proven partner. If someone wants to support EUC World it's most probably because he trust me. I choose DotPay as a payment operator because I'm sure it is in no way less trustworthy than PayPal. For many years it has been handling online payments in Central Europe. DotPay is officially recognized by Polish Financial Supervision Authority (Polish equivalent of American SEC). It's cooperating with Google, Apple, Visa and Mastercard. It's fully regulated by EU law and have to comply with the same strict regulations as PayPal.

Company I work for is cooperating with DotPay for years. I have never experienced any problem, nor any of our customers. Rates are good, company works transparently, customer support is great. At the same time I had many problems with PayPal, currently I can't finish dispute with them for almost two months. I don't see it a reliable partner. And being a PayPal most costly (for $2 donation it keeps 16 % on fees and conversion rate) is a least issue here. I could live with this if the rest would work great.

If one doesn't trust company I choose to operate donation payments sent to me, shouln't also trust me and should immediately stop using EUC World. It's not a business for me. Over entire last year I put hundreds of hours to make EUC World as best as possible. I invested substantial amounts of my own money into this project - I had to bought dedicated Dell server, bunch of SSD disks to host the database and user files, capable Internet access, domain, certificates, tools, EUC parts, smartwatches, Flic 2 buttons etc. etc. Only thanks to some individual donors and @Jason McNeil from eWheels as the most generous, I was able to cover substantial costs of running and developing EUC World project (app, website, smartwatch apps and some accompanying research projects like charger control etc.). It's thanks to @Jason McNeil who supported adding full King Song support to EUC World. Sad to say, but King Song role was minimal. Jason convinced them to give me some technical details about their protocol, but after all I had to reverse engineer most of it by myself.

I can spare a substantial amounts of my time to develop EUC World - it's my passion and I feel really great seeing that people are happy using EUC World. I can't however invest my money into application that is free for everyone. As I said, it's not a business for me and the only thing I expect is to get costs covered. I'll be fine with it. I hope that community will understand this and continue supporting EUC World, especially that there is increasing demant for iOS version. And I don't think that using DotPay instead of PayPal should be a reason to refuse this support. But of course, it's only my personal point of view.

May I make another suggestion. I just attempted to make a donation. You should add a Donation link at the bottom of your page. Currently you have to really hunt for Donation information. Second, there is zero information about how to make a donation. Shouldn't there be a link or something? I couldn't figure out what to do.

Again, I'm trying to help you. If I send people to the website to make a donation it would be great if they could succeed :D

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Speaking personally, it's difficult to justify signing up to another financial institution to make a donation when I'll never use that payment system again.

But there is completely no need to sign up with DotPay :) It's a plain online payment operator. No account needed, no e-wallet etc.

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

But I will be promoting your app more via your website. I'll leave it at that.

Thank you Marty, I really appreciate all what you do for EUC World - helping me with beta testing, suggesting new features and promoting EUC World :cheers: :thumbup:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Seba said:

Haha :D You probably had problems finding donation links, because you're logged in and it is hidden from you. Because some time ago @travsformation donated EUC World (while he already made a great contribution to EUC World by beta testing, making translations and helping in many other ways), I disabled donation links for EUC World Team members and translators :whistling:

Just sign off or open euc.world in another browser and you'll see how it looks for other users. And please wait with sending people to donation links until Visa/Mastercard verification procedure finish and credit card payments will be possible.

:lol:

Good to know :thumbup:

32 minutes ago, Seba said:

But there is completely no need to sign up with DotPay :) It's a plain online payment operator. No account needed, no e-wallet etc.

Thank you Marty, I really appreciate all what you do for EUC World - helping me with beta testing, suggesting new features and promoting EUC World :cheers: :thumbup:

OK, I think I understand now. People can use their own credit card, but they are making the payment to DotPay. I thought it was replacement for PayPal, where you have to create a DotPay account, etc.

• Like 3

On 2/4/2020 at 5:52 AM, Seba said:

I'm currently switching moving away from PayPal, as their relatively high costs and unfavourable exchange rates eats significant part of each donation. Within next days integration with DotPay payment agent will be finished and you'll be able to support EUC World project. Thanks in advance :cheers:

Why don´t BTC? and just post your address or QR code here

Personally I hope this version is up and running before you start to build for iOS @Seba

But that is mainly because I couldn't be bothered with Apple expensive Eco-system. 

I will add donation ASAP the Samsung tizen version is up and running. If you need beta test user data, just let me know. 

On 2/11/2020 at 8:03 PM, Seba said:

Samsung support is now a priority task, so don't be afraid. And I accept your proposal to be a guinea pi... eekhmmm, I mean beta tester... :whistling: :D

I am a willing rune (Scandinavian letters from very long back) tester, aha very very early stages, if you need me. 

19 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I am a willing rune (Scandinavian letters from very long back) tester, aha very very early stages, if you need me. 

Take a look at your mailbox :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Take a look at your mailbox :)

Done and sorted. I am so stoked 😁 please take my 💵

No really once it is live you have another donation coming you way. 😉👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it is taking that long before we see this tizen function now. It is next in pipeline according to @Seba.But as I understand it there are still things to develop. So it isn't in closed beta test just yet. 

• Like 1

@Seba is starting to build teh last things for it now. Other tasks that prosponed the Tizen version have been sorted as I understand it.

Now I aswer this to free up Sebas time to develop the functions and app. So this is info from I got as being part of the beta tester and tranlation team. It might matter les for those that are fine with English. But we are trying to reach out to more people and making it easyer access for those that are not so good with English.

I am keen waiting of this to be released to. On the other hand with the weater as cold as it is right now, I can't see my watch under all the clothing anyway. So if someone can tip the weather gods for a early mild spring that would be fantastic. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi fellow wheelers! First I want to thank you @Seba for such an amazing app for both mobile and smartwatch! I am new to the world of EUC's and have absolutely fallen in love with it, once I got over that learning hump that was a lot bigger than I expected. I'm currently riding the Ninebot One e+. The Wheellog app is literally the exact app I have been looking for. I wanted one that logged my trips and a smartwatch app that I could simply see my battery % and current speed to make sure I stay under the max speed. I was not able to find this until I found this page and your app. I want to donate to the cause and for all of your hard work. How do I go about doing this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigLexLost said:

Hi fellow wheelers! First I want to thank you @Seba for such an amazing app for both mobile and smartwatch! I am new to the world of EUC's and have absolutely fallen in love with it, once I got over that learning hump that was a lot bigger than I expected. I'm currently riding the Ninebot One e+. The Wheellog app is literally the exact app I have been looking for. I wanted one that logged my trips and a smartwatch app that I could simply see my battery % and current speed to make sure I stay under the max speed. I was not able to find this until I found this page and your app. I want to donate to the cause and for all of your hard work. How do I go about doing this?

You can go into the euc.world app and from setting menu you have about euc.world. this should take you to more details. 

Or in terms and conditions you have a section about donations. 

https://euc.world/termsofuse

BTW I don't recall on top of my head how well supported ninebot is with the app. There are some thing that works great and not at all due to ninebots construction or design of the z10. As older models goes. This is where it gets blurry for me to recall. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BigLexLost said:

Thank you. Best way to support euc.world and automatically get all current and future benefits od premium membership is to:

1. Create account at https://euc.world/signup (if you haven't done it already)
  2. Sign in to your euc.world account
  3. Visit https://euc.world/supporteucworld and make donation of your choice (every 20 EUR equals to about one year of premium membership)
  4. Sign in to euc.world account in EUC World application, so it will synchronize your account status.
8 hours ago, Unventor said:

BTW I don't recall on top of my head how well supported ninebot is with the app. There are some thing that works great and not at all due to ninebots construction or design of the z10. As older models goes. This is where it gets blurry for me to recall. 

Ninebots currenty are supported in regard to reading all important parameters. There are no settings yet, but I plan to rewrite Ninebot support in similar way I already did with King Sing and Gotway.

• Like 3