What is the doxing policy here?

28 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

he did but not his IP address, place of work, 

Full agree, and is reglemented officially by now.

school or home address.

Home adress were just examples/fears mentioned here. And this would only be possible for members with static ips and a registered domain stating their address in the ?nic?/whois dataset.

Although this nic dataset is public, publishing this information (just to be easily found by knowing the ip adress and doing a whois query) would be a "real" harrasment.

@eddiemoy I kinda felt bad for your mistake but you really don’t learn. 

He did learn and accepts and respects this new guideline/rule. Which was implicitly existing before, but he just did not know it's information only shown to moderators and not to every member.

That's not (sololy) his fault but all moderators and the forum owners fault to not  state this as moderator rules. An explanation, but of course no excuse is that this was and still is and will (hopefully) stay a (calm and harmonic) enthusiast EUC hobby forum! The forum is growing constantly and i have the feeling especially with the newest wheel generation (ks16x and nikola). This forum is privatly paid by its founder, there are no advertisment or any other sponsoring incomes, moderators are solely veteran EUC riding members doing voluntary administration work. Faults happen, and i'm personally sorry and as i'd strongly assume all of the moderators and the owner too regarding the bad feelings and fears happened to our members by this incident.

Accusations also hurt, as this is done honorary from EUC enthusiasts for EUC enthusiats - but that's imo understandable to happen as this forum is growing and times are long gone were every member knows every other. At least i am loosing the "overview".

So this is an hopefully stay excusable mishap that occured because our internal organizational guidelines did not grow/evolve accordingly to the firum growth.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chriull said:

He did learn and accepts and respects this new guideline/rule.

I don't follow. @eddiemoy now exposed the workplace of a new forum member to me and others, and the possible identity of a colleague with whom the new member is working to the entire forum. That is not private information?

Edited by Mono
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mono said:

I don't follow. @eddiemoy now exposed the workplace of a new forum member to me and others, and the possible identity of a colleague with whom the new member is working to the entire forum. That is not private information?

you are now reaching.  do you know the work place?  did i mention the address?  name of business?  

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

brockj is chrijunlee's college, they work in the same office.  he started posting when chrisjunlee started posting with his fake accounts.  he provide some proof he is real, but not sure if he messaged any of the staff/moderators from his public accounts as he offered to do.  no word from the two other fake accounts.  

53 minutes ago, Chriull said:

FYi:

It's the first (till now) written rule for moderators to not publish any private member data, especially the ip adress.

13 minutes ago, Mono said:

Doesn't help a lot, if the moderator doesn't understand what private information is though:

This was publicly posted information from @brockj  and he decided to hide it lateron.

Not in because of beeing a colleague but in because his other (private) information he revealed, which were not mentioned anymore.

Just now, eddiemoy said:

do you know the work place?  did i mention the address?  name of business?  

The answers are yes, yes, yes.

You didn't expose the information in a single post, but you did expose it to some of us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mono said:

I agree and I believe people who don't should better not be moderators. They are bound to make one stupid mistake after another.

now that seem a little judgmental.  you are judging me on my future actions?  is this minority report?  are you joking or are you really this malice.

11 minutes ago, Chriull said:

This was publicly posted information from @brockj  and he decided to hide it lateron.

Not in because of beeing a colleague but in because his other (private) information he revealed, which were not mentioned anymore.

I see, how do you know which part of the post he wanted to hide?

I mean, if he hides a post shouldn't you stop citing what is in the post?

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mono said:

The answers are yes, yes, yes.

You didn't expose the information in a single post, but you did expose it to some of us.

Drop it, i think you are starting to look a little off.  

3 minutes ago, Mono said:

I mean, if he hides a post shouldn't you stop publishing what is in the post?

Yes. I did not publish anything i could not have remembered or i'd think would be compromising. If he'd want to hide that he is someones colleague that's he's personal problem if he publishes it. The whole for had the chance to read it.

For any other links he had given i'd advice him, and i did this in the past to not do this on a forum. And i agree fully with you that this special information is not to be republished in any way. (And should not be published anyhow at first place)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

you are judging me on my future actions?

No, I am judging your past actions and make predictions of your future actions based on your past actions. That's how it goes :rolleyes:

Edited by Mono
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mono said:

No, I am judging your past action and make predictions of your future actions based on your past actions. That's how it goes :rolleyes:

I would hate to by your child.  

It is you who makes it go that way, it doesn’t have to be. Anyway, I’m done with this.  I think you beat this to death. 

@Mono I think you're overreacting. Eddiemoy worked in good faith. Actually, he did an awesome job, he just made a mistake. He understands what he did wrong and the probability of him doing it again is essentially zero.

I don't understand what more is there to argue about.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mono said:

I mean, if he hides a post shouldn't you stop publishing what is in the post?

Here's my story in a nutshell. I didn't realize the post was public (my fault for not checking, and posting my own information-- before I ultimately hid my comments). I made this bad assumption because the information that a mod revealed there seemed like something that would have been communicated privately. I didn't realize that a public doxxing was taking place. Again, my bad for not double-checking. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mono said:

The whole world could read the working address of someone, yet you probably even break a law if you would repeat here (out of your head or from a screen shot) what was publicly available a few hours before.

My post was in regard to your xxxxxx'ing of @eddiemoy posting a colleague relationship. Not a company name or addres (can't remember a address beeing posted?)

However - i'm out of any serious discussions for today. Indulging some nice wine and going to relax with the latest "walking death" season

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mono said:

If you don't feel that your responsibility is to respect when people hide their post and protect this information and not further disseminate what is in the hidden posts then I don't see how I can't be done here for real.

This. I hid those comments, explicitly explaining that I hid them because I unintentionally revealed this information about myself (specifically, links to some public social media profiles).

If it wasn't clear before, can I just ask that mods stop repeating what they've learned from the hidden posts? I would greatly appreciate it. 

I really just want to move past this drama :rolleyes: This is the last I'm saying about any of it. I'm a big heavy dude trying to balance himself on his expensive new toy in my bumpy urban environs, and have some of my own issues and questions that sometimes my closer friends can't help me with... :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chriull said:

My post was in regard to your xxxxxx'ing of @eddiemoy posting a colleague relationship. Not a company name or addres (can't remember a address beeing posted?)

Yes, I know you are smart enough to understand analogies.

So here is my question again: what is the moderator policy on hidden posts? Are they considered as private or can they be used and re-published by the moderators to their liking?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, brockj said:

This. I hid those comments, explicitly explaining that I hid them because I unintentionally revealed this information about myself (specifically, links to some public social media profiles).

It seems it should have been suspiciously clear even in the first place that this was not meant to be public, but for the moderators only, namely for account verification?

5 minutes ago, brockj said:

If it wasn't clear before, can I just ask that mods stop repeating what they've learned from the hidden posts? I would greatly appreciate it. 

Looks like a tough task.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:popcorn:  I think we need some violence to solve this issue.  And guns.  We need some guns.  gun%20thug.gif

All I got to say is VPN baby.  All day, every day.  Vee Pee Enn.  :ph34r:  You never know who's watching you.  Like a bunch of weirdos riding on a single wheel.  :whistling:

Lol bunch of weirdos riding on a single wheel with a Gun.  Don t forget the Gun never leave home without it.  ;)

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

All I got to say is VPN baby.

True, no question about it. Though we may sometimes not have the choice like when we don't own the hardware we are using.

BTW, which VPN provider are you using (or recommending)?

Edited by Mono