What is the doxing policy here?

13 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Thanks for the answer. I hope the question didn't come through as hostile, it wasn't meant that way. I just thought this was an issue that required clarification :)

No problem! As this is a community forum and now the ?first? bigger fault/mishap/... happened imo clarification is the way to go!

I hope  he was also issued a warning that any reoccurrences will involve being permanently banned. Although 1) I imagine that was the case, and 2) I don't mean to tell you how to do your (unpaid) job as a mod. :efeec46606:  Sorry...

Imho we'll take care of such a situation once it arises. Which normally/imo should not happen. But your proposal seems to be a sound/?the only? consequence.

I love the community dynamics in this forum and think a lot of it has to do with just the right amount of moderating (as in users are treated like adults and mods don't step in unless things get completely out of hand), so I hope my posts don't come through as lack of appreciation for what you guys do :)

I personally just take any misuse of this community for personal interest as lack of appreciation for this community.

Having mods is just a necessity and should in no way interfere with the community interest - imo best (in a perfect world) happens without anyone "noticing" anything.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Chriull said:

No problem! As this is a community forum and now the ?first? bigger fault/mishap/... happened imo clarification is the way to go!

+1 :)

39 minutes ago, Chriull said:

imo best (in a perfect world) happens without anyone "noticing" anything

Which is the case 99% of the time :thumbup:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, travsformation said:

although it was a serious one, in my book

What was serious about it? Just registering another account? Should that be considered serious if never anything is posted? The posts themselves? The few posts looked pretty harmless, friendly, and rather irrelevant to me, but maybe I missed something?

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mono said:

What was serious about it? Just registering another account? Should that be considered serious if never anything is posted? The posts themselves? The few posts looked pretty harmless, friendly, and rather irrelevant to me, but maybe I missed something?

Regardless of what I think of what that person did, going over this again would just be for argument's sake and wouldn't benefit anyone, but would just be more "flogging" for the user in question, which I don't think is necessary. 

Let's just agree to disagree :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blueblade said:

You guys do a great job, this is I think the best forum I've ever been a part of, thank you for keeping it mostly helpful, friendly, safe, and free of nuisances.

It's got app developers, manufacturer representatives, store owners, and is very active with tons of smart, creative, and helpful people on here-- what more could an EUC enthusiast ask for?

(I often feel like this forum is an addiction, not only for me, but apparently most others on here too!)

Spot on! :thumbup:

And you've got a point... Looks like I have another addiction to add to the list :efee612b4b:

• Like 2

I missed all the "fun" of this shit storm... :rolleyes:  Big thanks to other more active moderators for keeping things running, I guess I'm more or less retired now, haven't been that active for the last... year? :P 

Edited by esaj
  • Like 2