Age poll

esaj

Age distribution  

323 members have voted

1. 1. What age group do you belong into?

• <20
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60+

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see what age groups are the most common among riders (or at least those frequenting these forums). The votes are anonymous, so you can vote even if you don't want people to know your age. Related:  http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/1387-age/

Edited by esaj
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Cranium said:

This topic should be pinned so it stays at the top so new users to the community can see it an vote.  This is good information.

I thought about that earlier, but then again, I don't want to go pinning too many topics at a time on the first page of the general discussion, as they take up space and then there are less "normal" topics visible... I think many people don't venture further than the first page, so other relevant (unpinned) topics could get buried easier. While "funny" statistics, I don't think this is that important that it should be pinned.

I'm in better shape than in my 20s. Still not sure if that's saying much...I feel pretty good about being able to ride something that my 25 year old stepson can't ride lol! Of course he would learn quickly, but still.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I'm in the 20-29, but I already have so health issues that make me unable to do physical efforts (even riding a bycicle for more than a few km), that's why I first got my hands on electric bycicles, and then I thought back on these strange wheels I saw riding on the streets, and I thought it could become a solution for some trips (for example when I can't leave my expensive bycicle outside for too long), and it's fun too.

I though of segways at first, but they are too expensive, and the ninebot pro etc don't have sufficient range for my needs.

I think all I need is 1 EUC, 1 electric bycicle and my car :)

On 12/1/2015 at 3:56 PM, drmrw said:

I'm in better shape than in my 20s. Still not sure if that's saying much...I feel pretty good about being able to ride something that my 25 year old stepson can't ride lol! Of course he would learn quickly, but still.

Me 2. I took up yoga and meditation 6 years ago and this wheel is my freedom and joy. My 20,s were stressfull. I have money now to spend a couple thousand on wheels and not care. My 20,s Not so much. :P

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Our of curiosity, what were you expecting? 

20-29  is not highest, even close to the group size of 60+. I just passed 30 and my friends making fun of me "playing young man game".

I took it as a compliment:)

Edited by AndrewArthur
  • Upvote 1

Observation: Ever since the poll was pinned and featured yesterday the median age has dropped from something like 47 to something like 43.  The "median age" is just my guesstimate based on looking at the chart.  The 20s, 30s, and 40s have grown around equally while the 50s and 60s+ have not grown as fast.

• Upvote 1

i am 47 .... body: felling like 50 plus....

in my mind: 25.... max ;-)

the younger guys always asked me nearly directly! about the price for the Euc....and getting a little bit shocked when hearing 1000 euro plus...

The older ones...my age...are more interested in functionality, range, charging time, howto steer and as they all seam to know that a good electric bike is much more than 1500-2000 euro ....the price question is one of the last....and the reaction more like a "not so bad..."

but: they all think that they are not Able to learn it....

when i explain that the learning time for doing the first hundred meters succesfully is just around 30 minutes to max 5 hours...their eyes always get a great question mark...like i want to make jokes.....

if it would be more known that everyone can learn EUC...i think much more of the "little" older generation would do this....

its just more affordable for them...for the younger ones its often just "another toy"...and their parents are not willing to buy some more hoverboardly toys;-)

my thoughts.....

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 1