New Tesla 2 - Does anyone know the specs?

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

UPDATE: just seen the pictures of the internals, awaiting clarification on this.

Also noticed metal inserts for the cover screws and socket cap screws for the pedal hangers!!! Also, must be a different battery placement with the board now on the side???

Tesla New internals.jpg

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Is the board on the side now, or just laid there but sits on top like before? It looks like the old Tesla board, motor wires soldered in instead of the screw thing, and the mosfets look rather small (if that's them between the capacitors).

Yeah, just wondering that too and just edited my last post to reflect!

First I thought the board is on the side now, but probably that's just the tray heatsink laid there. Otherwise I think we'd see a battery on top, 1020Wh won't fit on one side. Motor cable length also is appropriate for board on top.

Where's the image from? Got any more?

I would love it if they sold a kit to retro fit that cut off on the Tesla 1. Had a few moments of picking the wheel up and forgetting the whole psycho spinning thing.

Edited by rinzler
clarification

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

First I thought the board is on the side now, but probably that's just the tray heatsink laid there. Otherwise I think we'd see a battery on top, 1020Wh won't fit on one side. Motor cable length also is appropriate for board on top.

Where's the image from? Got any more?

Yes @meepmeepmayer, on further inspection of the photo and from more comments on the Facebook post (where this photo was taken from), the New board IS just lying in the battery bay (on the production line) to show the changes GotWay have made to it. There have not been anymore useful images added to the post, unfortunately. I have noticed elsewhere, that the speakers seem to be fitted at opposite ends of the battery covers??? (i.e. one side of the wheel it will be closer to your Toes and the other side closer to your Ankle, which seems peculiar!!!)

Edit:

I have now found better pictures of the New board for sale on Ali, which also shows the (now single) fan attached to the two screw holes.

New Tesla board & fan.jpg

New Tesla board (1).jpg

Edited by fbhb
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Green Fashion production Tesla "2" / 2019 pics seem to confirm all the updates (even the wider tire from looks(?)).

HTB13_T0SNTpK1RjSZFMq6zG_VXa9.jpg

Wider tire? :o Surely not?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Wider tire? :o Surely not?

Is it just me, or doesn't that tire in the pic look too chunky to be 2.125"? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

Just now, houseofjob said:

Is it just me, or doesn't that tire in the pic look too chunky to be 2.125"? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Just you, I guess. The stock Gotway 16x2.125 tire looks like that. It has a pretty pronounced profile (compared to the Chao Yang for example).

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Just you, I guess. The stock Gotway 16x2.125 tire looks like that. It has a pretty pronounced profile (compared to the Chao Yang for example).

Perhaps you and @Marty Backe are right, as I have zero interest in anything under 2.5" wide these days.

HTB13_T0SNTpK1RjSZFMq6zG_VXa9.jpg2019-Newest-GotWay-Tesla-16inch-84V-High-performance-electric-unicycle-2000W-motor-speed-50km-h-battery.jpg

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Perhaps you and @Marty Backe are right, as I have zero interest in anything under 2.5" wide these days.

On a side note - is the 2.125 that bad on NYC roads? London roads are probably comparable which concerns me and why I ask! I already hate driving around in my car as sometimes I feel like I'm in a warzone!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, rinzler said:

On a side note - is the 2.125 that bad on NYC roads? London roads are probably comparable which concerns me and why I ask! I already hate driving around in my car as sometimes I feel like I'm in a warzone!

IMHO, an emphatic yes.

Every thin tire 2.125" EUC always required me to be more careful choosing my path along the moon craters of NYC streets, unable to maintain the wheel's top speeds, especially when EUC's started to go faster than 30kph/19mph.

Thicker tires give you more error correction, ability to roll over much more uneven surfaces than 2.125" tires.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

Here's some board comparisons. All pictures from Ecodrift. These guys are great!

MCM5 (mosfets in TO-247 package, like the MSX). Just look at the awesome size of the things!:dribble:

Kontroller-Gotway-MCM5-1.jpg

MSX: Same fat mosfets, but 12. Motor cables have screw connectors instead of being soldered to the board.

Monokoleso-Gotway-MSuperX-ne-rabotaet-LE

Nikola. The motor power cables have screw connectors like on the MSX board. Mosfet packages look substantially smaller.

Monokoleso-Gotway-Nikola-razbiraem-24.jp

Monokoleso-Gotway-Nikola-razbiraem-25.jp

Monokoleso-Gotway-Nikola-razbiraem-26.jp

Latest version of the Tesla1 board. Small mosfet package (same size as Nikola or smaller?),motor wires soldered to board.

Kontroller-Gotway-Tesla-1.jpg

And the picture posted of the Tesla2 board. Looks like it's the same as the Tesla1 board.

1718377001_TeslaNewinternals.thumb.jpg.d

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gustesta said:

Someone is making a "small battery mod" for it...

No photo description available.

If I didn't count wrong, the stacks are 6 * 14 cells each, with 5 stacks in total.... That'd be 420 cells in total. No way to fit those in an EUC, not to mention that the cells alone would weight at least something like close to 19kg/42lbs (at 45g per cell, some cells are close to 50g) + cell holders + the BMS(s) + wiring. :P

Edited by esaj
  • Like 3