New Tesla 2 - Does anyone know the specs?

9 minutes ago, esaj said:

If I didn't count wrong, the stacks are 6 * 14 cells each, with 5 stacks in total.... That'd be 420 cells in total. No way to fit those in an EUC, not to mention that the cells alone would weight at least something like close to 19kg/42lbs (at 45g per cell, some cells are close to 50g) + cell holders + the BMS(s) + wiring. :P

Put it into a backpack and give it a charger cable. Mobile power supply. :D This way if my wheel needs to top up after an hour of riding I can just plug it in. The weight might be a lot at first but after a few months you'll hardly notice it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

For the boasting record, I was going to post the same details, but decided against it. My bad:D Here's what was in the post draft:

14x6x5=420 cells can give you 420*3500mAh*3.7V = 5439Wh:eff034a94a: The battery alone weighs around 20kg.

I wonder how long a Tesla would go with that!  500 miles?  :D

16 minutes ago, Meelosh123 said:

Is there anyway to make a hub motor for a sphere? 

There are certainly ways to do this. On the Star Wars BB8 droids (which were actually built) the motors are inside the sphere--which is nuts. But if you had a hard rubber sphere, then you just need two drive wheels to move it in the two perpendicular directions, and then some rollers or bearings to keep the ball positioned. If you have an old mechanical mouse, look at how the mouse ball is managed. Or a trackball mouse is pretty much the same setup.

Edited by erk1024
clarification
  • Like 1

Tesla 2 can be had for USD1300 (via ali) is it worth the USD150 increase on a Tesla 1 for the little speakers and shut off switch?

I really want that shut off switch!

Is there still a Gotway rep on here? They could sell it as an aftermarket kit for current owners

Hello all I'm new, but looking to buy the tesla 2 and I was looking at this on AliExpress too. Is Rockwheel reliable? Also do I need to buy an aftermarket USA charger? Is everything going to be in Chinese? TIA.

13 hours ago, t33m said:

Hello all I'm new, but looking to buy the tesla 2 and I was looking at this on AliExpress too. Is Rockwheel reliable? Also do I need to buy an aftermarket USA charger? Is everything going to be in Chinese? TIA.

Rockwheel store is a reliable seller.

You only need a cable from the US outlet into the charger (figure 8 connector, no idea what the official name is). So just a regular power cable you can get everywhere for cheap or take from some other electrical device you already have (if you need one quick). The store may or may not include such a cable, no idea.

There is nothing that could or could not be in Chinese. Any apps are multi-language anyways. Get the one from the Play Store/iOS app store (social app, account based) or the one from the download section on this site (non-social, no account or even internet connection required), they have the exact same functionality with your wheel.

• Like 1

Actually, the Tesla 2 shell has been upgraded to accommodate the New speakers and audio control board (so would not be a straight swap). Along with other distinct layout changes that can be seen in this photo below. (Note: Main control board was only placed where it sits here during assembly & still gets mounted above the wheel)

Tesla New internals.jpg

Edited by fbhb

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

Actually, the Tesla 2 shell has been upgraded to accommodate the New speakers and audio control board (so would not be a straight swap). Along with other distinct layout changes that can be seen in this photo below. (Note: Main control board was only placed where it sits here during assembly & still gets mounted above the wheel)

Tesla New internals.jpg

Whoops! I stand corrected!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just doing my usual Tesla browse on youtube and I found this.

Cut off switch seems like an alternative power button. Seems like you need to wait for the beep to pick it up.

I'm still going to investigate the power cut off mod on my Tesla V1 - compared the MSX board for which someone has already done the mod and it seems like the Tesla board has the same empty plug for it.

Edited by rinzler
video link

Il y a 10 heures, rinzler a déclaré:

Je viens de faire ma recherche habituelle sur Tesla sur youtube et j’ai trouvé ceci.

L'interrupteur de coupure semble être un bouton d'alimentation alternatif. On dirait que vous devez attendre le bip pour le prendre.

Je vais toujours étudier le module de coupure de courant sur ma Tesla V1 - comparé à la carte MSX pour laquelle quelqu'un l'a déjà fait et il semble que la carte Tesla possède la même fiche vide pour elle.

what is that ??! :o

Edited by kelec_947

• 2 weeks later...

@EcoDrift shows the new Tesla v2. All credit goes to them.

English (Google Translate) or  Russian Original

New:

• Bluetooth speakers
  • Lift button
  • LED ring is now a full circle like on the Nikola
  • There's a tiny extra handle on the grip of the trolley handle, to make it easier to pull it out.
  • New (uncomfortable) side pads?

In general, the wheel turned out to be interesting, convenient in all respects except, perhaps, the most important thing - it is ergonomics. Here at Gotway absolutely nothing happened. And on the new Nikola stand much nicer.

Monokoleso-Gotway-Tesla-v2-5.jpg

Monokoleso-Gotway-Tesla-v2-11.jpg

Monokoleso-Gotway-Tesla-v2-13.jpg

Monokoleso-Gotway-Tesla-v2-14.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rinzler said:

Anybody actually tried a Tesla 2? I'm struggling to see the reasons for the price hike difference (couple of extra LEDs, cut.off button and.tinny speakers doesn't feel like $300 of change.

where do you see a price hike?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2019-New-Gotway-Tesla-monowheel-electric-unicycle-1020WH-2000W-motor-With-Bluetooth-speaker-Handle-anti-aircraft/33009915289.html