New Tesla 2 - Does anyone know the specs?

On 4/26/2019 at 7:24 PM, houseofjob said:

HTB1vSL7SFzqK1RjSZFvq6AB7VXaM.jpg

HTB10JfylDZmx1VjSZFGq6yx2XXaX.jpg

Update tesla 2:

1. Bump AND SCREWS right where your ankle bump grinds (what were they thinking?)

2. Water intake hole protected by a paper cone

3. You can now hear the beep before cutoff?

4. You can lift the tesla without wheel spin

5. Price update (200$+ ? From what I read)

Original tesla 1

15590584267962860115419069540584.thumb.jpg.8f067f4f6fac1082a106964e8acee73d.jpg

1. No speaker bump by ankle, making a fit for self adhesive foam to ease the pain on your foot bumps :-)

2. No holes added, still fairly water proof.

3. Use wheel log to prevent cutoff

4. You lift, I spin...till cutoff :-)

5. Still available? 

Edited by Boogieman

4 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Update tesla 2:

1. Bump AND SCREWS right where your ankle bump grinds (what were they thinking?)

2. Water intake hole protected by a paper cone

3. You can now hear the beep before cutoff?

4. You can lift the tesla without wheel spin

5. Price update (200$+ ? From what I read)

Original tesla 1

15590584267962860115419069540584.thumb.jpg.8f067f4f6fac1082a106964e8acee73d.jpg

1. No speaker bump by ankle, making a fit for self adhesive foam to ease the pain on your foot bumps :-)

2. No holes added, still fairly water proof.

3. Use wheel log to prevent cutoff

4. You lift, I spin...till cutoff :-)

5. Still available? 

Wow. That's certainly seen some miles. 

Agree with all your points. I was looking into buying the V1 side panels to restore the 'waterproofing' and get the comfort back of a v2 if  I go for it. 

I am intrigued into the board and what changes happened there because perhaps that is the reason for the price. Is the revised MSX 10-15% more than the original?

On 5/25/2019 at 6:20 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

@EcoDrift shows the new Tesla v2. All credit goes to them.

English (Google Translate) or  Russian Original

New:

• Bluetooth speakers
  • Lift button
  • LED ring is now a full circle like on the Nikola
  • There's a tiny extra handle on the grip of the trolley handle, to make it easier to pull it out.
  • New (uncomfortable) side pads?

Something lost in translation here I think - from what I can see on Tesla V1 they all had a fully light ring. Watched a few videos just now and seems to confirm. I wonder what they meant? Maybe no break in lighting between the sections.

2 hours ago, rinzler said:

Something lost in translation here I think - from what I can see on Tesla V1 they all had a fully light ring. Watched a few videos just now and seems to confirm. I wonder what they meant? Maybe no break in lighting between the sections.

The original article in Russian says that on this version it goes under the pedals too.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Fuzzypixel said:

The original article in Russian says that on this version it goes under the pedals too.

Yeah.  I read that.  But from what ib can see on videos is that the v1 does too.  

I thought maybe the led cluster had increased the number of bulbs or something like that but it looks the same. 

• 1 month later...

HI there!

I've read all this thread and I was not able to understand one point. :)

I've two questions to be honest.

1. How many Teslas were produced and what are the main differences between them? Trying to undersand from those posts around, I figured out this:

First Tesla (V1), released in 2017, all the body is black
Second Tesla (V1.2), released in 2018, new board (?), the body is black by it has the center of the side shell in carbon fiber texture
Third Tesla (V2), released in 2019, newer board (different than V1.2), the shell is covered in carbon fiber texture, lift sensor, speakers BT

Is this correct? Could you fix it? Thanks.

2. Does this Tesla V2 improve just the lift sensor and spearkers BT or it has something new its inner part too? I'm asking this because I'd like to buy a Tesla and I could have a V1.2 for a very good price (new and now) or the V2 for  around 300 more bucks (new but waiting two weeks.

Thanks for help. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/3/2019 at 10:42 AM, Snowball said:

HI there!

I've read all this thread and I was not able to understand one point. :)

I've two questions to be honest.

1. How many Teslas were produced and what are the main differences between them? Trying to undersand from those posts around, I figured out this:

First Tesla (V1), released in 2017, all the body is black
Second Tesla (V1.2), released in 2018, new board (?), the body is black by it has the center of the side shell in carbon fiber texture
Third Tesla (V2), released in 2019, newer board (different than V1.2), the shell is covered in carbon fiber texture, lift sensor, speakers BT

Is this correct? Could you fix it? Thanks.

2. Does this Tesla V2 improve just the lift sensor and spearkers BT or it has something new its inner part too? I'm asking this because I'd like to buy a Tesla and I could have a V1.2 for a very good price (new and now) or the V2 for  around 300 more bucks (new but waiting two weeks.

Thanks for help. :)

Come on guys! Help us :)

1 hour ago, Snowball said:

Come on guys! Help us :)

I think your description is 99% right, but the V2 seems to have the exact same board as the V1.2. The mosfets don't look bigger. I'm not sure, but just going by the available board pictures it looks like the same board.

So in short, I'm not aware of any differences between V1.2 and V2 except the speakers and lift sensor.

(I might be wrong. I've only seen the ecodrift.ru photos of the V2 and some other photo showing the board looking like the old one. Do you have any info that they changed the board in the V2? Or was that maybe wishful thinking?;))

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think your description is 99% right, but the V2 seems to have the exact same board as the V1.2. The mosfets don't look bigger. I'm not sure, but just going by the available board pictures it looks like the same board.

So in short, I'm not aware of any differences between V1.2 and V2 except the speakers and lift sensor.

(I might be wrong. I've only seen the ecodrift.ru photos of the V2 and some other photo showing the board looking like the old one. Do you have any info that they changed the board in the V2? Or was that maybe wishful thinking?;))

Thanks for your reply.
I think mine would be a ishful thinking :)

All the pics of the board I got are from this topic. I dunno if they changed anything, inside the wheel I mean, in this V2 (comparing it to V1.2)
I know that Gotway did a good work with its recent boards on MSX, Monster, MCM5. Dunno anyhing about the Nikola because of the "Gluegate".
I was hoping that Tesla V2 had the same treatment as the above wheels, but I guess it has not. Correct?

Now I'm undecided between Tesla V2 or MSX 100V. 
Tesla looks like a better solution for commuting, short rides and moving it easly when switched off (bus, subway,...)
Msx is a beast and almost every owner consider it an awesome purchase and most of them talk about the "best wheel they have ever tried". I think for the city is a good wheel too.

I remember (in another thread) when I was asking for a suggestion (the question was something like: "Is Tesla a good choice") and one wise guy replied something like: "In 2019 going for a wheel that is less than a 3" is a mistake". Wow!

If there's potholes in your city, you're going to need a wide wheel. If you live in Florida where streets are in perfect condition year round, telsa would be ok. Going on main roads? Will need the MSX for extra buffer speed

8 hours ago, t33m said:

If there's potholes in your city, you're going to need a wide wheel. If you live in Florida where streets are in perfect condition year round, telsa would be ok. Going on main roads? Will need the MSX for extra buffer speed

Yes mate. I think I'd go for a MSX.

In my city, MIlano, we have not bad street but not as good as in Florida I guess.

This is a friend of mine, riding his MSX V100 in Milano.

Look how smooth is the MSX on that irregular surface at 1:20!!

Edited by Snowball

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 11:09 AM, Snowball said:

Now I'm undecided between Tesla V2 or MSX 100V. 

I can quick compare Tesla v1.2 (very similar to 2.0) vs msx @Shad0z can give you all info needed as he owned both wheels for many miles :-) and I know he 😍 his MSX.

I have ridden the tesla 1.2 a year now (around 3500km). I tested the MSX just for a short time last week (like 2x10minutes maybe) and here is my view on pros and cons in order of importance.

Pros MSX

- pedal clearance is MUUUUCH better, on Tesla i scrape my pedals all the time when riding active in sharp curves, fast or slow. But only once has the pedal "grabbed" a sharp point (and allmost threw me off at 30km/h-ish in a turn, but "allmost" regained balance in time, but had to support myself against a building at slow speed in end of the "wiggly ride to balance" but still scraped up my "left arm" (google translated) - the inside of the arm which had no protection...only the elbow had lol)

- Faster (around 10km/h )

- More range (from what i heard read)

- Wheel feels a lot more stable (maybe cause mine was more worn otherwise the tyre?)

- red rear light allways on (though with some "automan" effect, like Kitty had im the front 🤣 (of you are old enough you know what i mean)

Pros Tesla:

- Cheaper

- trolley handle positioned on the side as opposed to the rear and doesnt slide out too easy (= dont need to be "held down" by velcro to prevent accidental fly out if a crash happens). Really good trolley handle IMO. 

- lift switch (msx has a conveniently placed power off on button next to handle on the other hand)

- break light in "non disco mode" is in my opinion A LOT easier to see on the tesla as its either dark (no light) or red (braking)

- Since pedals are lower, its easier to step up (so easy you feel lazy LOL). Though this is only due to me not being used to the high msx pedals, i knocked them up several times when going on off in the beginning, but later not to much. So not really a pro :-)

- "more disco light" (ringlight) if u are into that kind of stuff (im not, only use "battery indicator/brake light mode)

I don't know the price difference right now, but if I had no wheel and could choose, I would easily pay a 30% premium for the MSX, maybe even up to 40-50% for the range.

At the same price there is no competition, MSX all day. But for now my Tesla is good enough, still enjoying the hell out of it.

Edited by Boogieman
Lift switch incorrect
  • Like 3

On 5/28/2019 at 11:29 PM, rinzler said:

Also this "There's a tiny extra handle on the grip of the trolley handle, to make it easier to pull it out."

Is not new.

Tesla 1.2 has the same "tiny handle".

Maybe they refer to v 1.0? (not sure how it looked)

1564351399618990410883324176282.thumb.jpg.74dce452203c025637f6c2e835affb61.jpg

Edited by Boogieman

On 5/28/2019 at 10:25 PM, rinzler said:

1. Wow. That's certainly seen some miles. 

2. Agree with all your points. I was looking into buying the V1 side panels to restore the 'waterproofing' and get the comfort back of a v2 if  I go for it. 

3. I am intrigued into the board and what changes happened there because perhaps that is the reason for the price. Is the revised MSX 10-15% more than the original?

1. Thats how wheels look after a year of a few crashes, unpolished :-) Only 3500km on the wheel. In the beginning i used foam to protect it but was just in the way when you got the hang of it...and looked like shit. The wheels can handle quite a lot. Got me thinking, maybe tesla v2 has helicoil inserts to hold the side panels? That is a "weak point" on v1.2 where ordinary screws are screwed into the plastic. Helicoils are more expensive to insert but add tons of longevity when screwing on/off several times (and for crashes if they made the plastic "embossing" for the heli coil strong/large enough, otherways that will give before the threads anyway)

2. I would just make a set of Kuji pads (superb for jumping snd adds stability overall) and mount them which would reduce the "touch" with the speaker. And on top of the pads & "battery side panel" put a sheet of self adhesive neoprene. That would cover the speaker + add grip + protect ancle bump :-)

3. No idea, check ali express pricing or e-wheels if in US or speedyfeet if in UK

Edited by Boogieman

9 hours ago, Boogieman said:

- lift switch (if i remember right, never tested it) but v2 tesla has that too

Stop the press!
Has the MSX a lift switch too? :O

BTW thanks for sharing your opinion! :)

6 hours ago, Snowball said:

Stop the press!

Sorry, my bad, its just that the power switch was so conveniently placed next to handle (as opposed to my tesla) that I didn't notice it was actually just power off on, when my buddy used it. My bad, updated pros/cons :-) to reflect my bad memory. At my defence i said im not sure 😁

Screenshot_20190729-151714_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Snowball said:

Stop the press!

You can easily add one if you want it. :)

Edited by QLam56
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, QLam56 said:

Wow! Thanks.

I've checked the thread.
How difficult you think is this mod from 1 to 10? :)
Is there a video tutorial around? Guess not.

On 7/29/2019 at 4:56 PM, QLam56 said:

I wanted to do this on my Tesla. I think it's the major selling point of the v2. 

However hearing it not always work all the time sounds like you need to be quite cautious lifting it up. Maybe better to just accept have to power it off/on. That said it is annoying for short flights of stairs or big kerbs when wheeling it around.

10 hours ago, Snowball said:

Wow! Thanks.

I've checked the thread.
How difficult you think is this mod from 1 to 10? :)
Is there a video tutorial around? Guess not.

It depends where you plan to put the switch. It's maybe a 3 if you put the switch where I put it (USB PORT)? It'll be more work if you put it under the handle since you'll need to take it apart to drill the hole for the switch.

I also replaced it with another switch that looks and work much better than the original one I posted on the other thread.

1 hour ago, rinzler said:

I wanted to do this on my Tesla. I think it's the major selling point of the v2. 

However hearing it not always work all the time sounds like you need to be quite cautious lifting it up. Maybe better to just accept have to power it off/on. That said it is annoying for short flights of stairs or big kerbs when wheeling it around.

Not sure where you heard that from but mine is working pretty much 100% of the time. 

IMG_20190729_115437.jpg