My KS18XL Trials, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

Decided to post here to get some targeted feedback. On my ride home from work my XL just started slowly tilting back. Temp was at 52°C and outside temp was 65°F and overcast. I was waiting at. A light for maybe 4 minutes and started accelerating but by the time I was at the next block (100 yards away) the wheel was fully tilted back. I got off and was checking the temp when it slowly leveled back out. No other problems for the duration of the trip. 

Any ideas....?

That is an odd one, full charge down hill is the only time I've had that happen but I highly doubt that's the case here. 

No trouble codes on the LEDs either?  Just went back level and didnt do it again?

2 hours ago, Flying W said:

That is an odd one, full charge down hill is the only time I've had that happen but I highly doubt that's the case here. 

No trouble codes on the LEDs either?  Just went back level and didnt do it again?

Yup. No beeping either. Flat ground. Battery maybe at 85%

11 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Yup. No beeping either. Flat ground. Battery maybe at 85%

I had mine suddenly veer to the right after hitting a rock at a weird angle. It was way off center. Super weird, so I immediately did the horizontal calibration, and it was fine. Have you re-calibrated? That'll probably fix it... (hopefully)

Sorry; I've got nothing.  Obviously some parameter was crossed and then uncrossed, but which? Heat? no, Speed? no. Battery low? no Battery high? no. What else is there?  Cable temp? No sensors for that, Motor hot? no sensors there either are there? Were you passing a Krispy Kreme Donut shop?  Maybe there were fresh donuts inside, and the wheel wanted you to stop and get some.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Sorry; I've got nothing.  Obviously some parameter was crossed and then uncrossed, but which? Heat? no, Speed? no. Battery low? no Battery high? no. What else is there?  Cable temp? No sensors for that, Motor hot? no sensors there either are there? Were you passing a Krispy Kreme Donut shop?  Maybe there were fresh donuts inside, and the wheel wanted you to stop and get some.

Lol! Maybe that's why mine veered to the right. Donuts are my weakness 😂 And btw, hello @Smoother! Been a while since being a chatty Cathy here on the forum ...:roflmao:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

Lol! Maybe that's why mine veered to the right. Donuts are my weakness 😂 And btw, hello @Smoother! Been a while since being a chatty Cathy here on the forum ...:roflmao:

I've been lurking mostly.  Sometimes its just not worth entering a thread where the camps are already entrenched and you don't feel ike correcting the internet...again!, or you just don't give a sh..t :D

But I have been doing some research on other subjects, so, yes, possibly less content.  It's funny how you think when you leave school you can stop learning.  I've learned 1000 times more since leaving school than I ever did in it.  A fricking waste of time really, other than the 3 Rs: Reading, w(R)riting and a(R)ithmatic.  What jack ass came up with that stupid saying anyway?

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, fryman said:

Are you going to upgrade the motor?

No. Never even occurred to me. This wheel does everything I need and I don't feel that there's anything lacking.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...