Z10 MAX SPEED UNLOCK TO 56km/h TESTS REPORT

GyroRideRz

39 minutes ago, Bobjai69 said:

Like really quickly and no -  it wasn't because it was modded - that's just an urban myth, it has to do with an underwhelmed 58 volts pushing an 1800watt motor. I will like to see these so called videos you mentioned

Both Roberace and Chooch have pushed the Z10 hard from a standstill and whilst moving. Their vids were the benchmark I was using. If their acceleration isnt as hard as yours then fine.

Neither is the internet littered with Z10 cutouts, hence my genuine curiosity.

I am unsure if you are saying yours is modded or not, but dont worry.

I dont think theres a need to be so angsty.

8 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Both Roberace and Chooch have pushed the Z10 hard from a standstill and whilst moving. Their vids were the benchmark I was using. If their acceleration isnt as hard as yours then fine.

Neither is the internet littered with Z10 cutouts, hence my genuine curiosity.

I am unsure if you are saying yours is modded or not, but dont worry.

I dont think theres a need to be so angsty.

Thanks for your imput - don't know what you mean by being 'angsty' - but I'll let that fly over my head and being so early in the morning, I'll assume you woke up on the wrong side of your bed - hence the probable oversensitiveness to my answer stemming from personal experience - I take it you own a z10 and know what you're talking about. Have a good day.

Edited by Bobjai69

10 minutes ago, Bobjai69 said:

I'll assume you woke up on the wrong side of your bed - hence the probable oversensitiveness to my answer stemming from personal experience - I take it you own a z10 and know what you're talking about.

So I am also oversensitve and got out the wrong side of the bed.

Quite the charmer you are.

Yes I do have a Z10.

Live long and prosper.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bobjai69 said:

... as it will dump you if press too hard on the pedal whether at 5mph or 25 - I know this as I still ride it everyday. 

Sorry this is wrong... The rotatation speed of the wheel is the critical figure in this calculation. You will for sure never be able to overlean the Z10 at 5mph. This is no point for discussion it is simple physics... With fully charged battery the wheel is roughly able to deliver 5000W until the overcurrent cut off jumps in. This means at 5mph the wheel is able to hold you in place with around 540N with a lever of 10cm. So you have to move more the 55kg of you body weight out of your center of gravity. For every person lighter than 110kg this means you simply felt of the pedals. 

Edited by TuN3M@N
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TuN3M@N said:

Sorry this is wrong... The rotatation speed of the wheel is the critical figure in this calculation. You will for sure never be able to overlean the Z10 at 5mph. This is no point for discussion it is simple physics... With fully charged battery the wheel is roughly able to deliver 5000W until the overcurrent cut off jumps in. This means at 5mph the wheel is able to hold you in place with around 540Nm with a lever of 10cm. So you have to move more the 55kg of you body weight out of your center of gravity. For every person lighter than 110kg this means you simply felt of the pedals. 

Thanks for dropping by to 'clarify' the generality of my words - I guess you were there at the skate park as well when I was coming off from a 35 degree incline to a brief momentary flat drop within nano seconds, then elevating up another 30 degree angle to the main skate level terrain - all within in 15 to less than 5 miles an hour at a low crouch posture/position and pressing real hard with my front foot to accelerate hard and then it tilted and dumped me like a sack of potatoes - then running off into the distance before it got stopped by a bunch skaters..Hey armchair critic with all your fancy numbers - who cares? I  Mathematics is not your god - it's merely a tool for measurement - I should feel inferior with your supposed 'knowledge'..'This is no point for discussion it is simple physics. ' Really? Seriously? I really need to get out of my bat cave..

Edited by Bobjai69
repeating words in error

This is a complete different story then... 

5 hours ago, TuN3M@N said:

it will dump you if press too hard on the pedal whether at 5mph or 25

So go for it... Everything is fine... 

At the point where we start to discuss whether the apple will fall down or fly into the sky the discussion ends for me... Cheers 

Edited by TuN3M@N

9 hours ago, TuN3M@N said:

This is a complete different story then... 

So go for it... Everything is fine... 

At the point where we start to discuss whether the apple will fall down or fly into the sky the discussion ends for me... Cheers 

Yeah - close the door behind you and keep jogging on..that was no discussion - it was an attempt at ridicule, you person..

• 2 weeks later...

related to: how to know, when your battery is on low percentages on a modded z10

hi all,

just did the mod to FW7.6.1;

(because i wanted more headroom in speed, but most of all not this early throttling and beeping, 

when the akku is going low).

so far, its seem pretty normal, except for the altered speedlimit.

but i did only a few tests til now.

my question is: how do i know when i'm down to a certain akkulevel ? 

do have to look always on the phone, or are there other indications ?

(i read something from mrn76, that he didnt touch a 10% level throttling (bzw. 8km/h)).

thanks and greetings

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 7:07 PM, GyroRideRz said:

Guys you should read this before choosing the base version of the modified firmware you will choose to use : 

Personnaly, i'm back to the 1.0.0 based firmware Z8 55km/h.

@GyroRideRz

Is IT the Z8 55Kmh in the Flash FW Dropdown Menu? 

I have Flash es IT and in the Segway App IT Shows me FW 1.0.0 but Not 55Kmh 

IT Shows Limited to 51Kmh? 

On 10/19/2019 at 9:09 AM, onkeldanuel said:

@GyroRideRz

Is IT the Z8 55Kmh in the Flash FW Dropdown Menu? 

I have Flash es IT and in the Segway App IT Shows me FW 1.0.0 but Not 55Kmh 

IT Shows Limited to 51Kmh? 

Hi @onkeldanuel,

Yes it is, but i don't know why you see 51 instead of 56, as the limit shown in app should be 56km/h.

Do you have a Z6 or a Z10 ?

I dont know too....i have tried multiple Times Reflashing (in 7.6.1 IT Shows 61 Kmh correctly) 

But No way to get the 56 Kmh in "Z8 55Kmh" , i definitly get every Time 51Kmh......Set to Model Z10 (when Set to Z8 IT Shows 41Kmh in this Firmware-Version) 

My Wheel is from Week 18 2019...Z10 of course... Directly purchased from Segway Germany itself

Dont know the Reason...

That would be perfect to have 55Kmh at 1.0.0 Version

The Driving Behaviour after 1.0.0 or 1.0.2 Changes massively (Not Bad but very different and nimble)

Edited by onkeldanuel

2 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

I dont know too....i have tried multiple Times Reflashing (in 7.6.1 IT Shows 61 Kmh correctly) 

But No way to get the 56 Kmh in "Z8 55Kmh" , i definitly get every Time 51Kmh......Set to Model Z10 (when Set to Z8 IT Shows 41Kmh in this Firmware-Version) 

My Wheel is from Week 18 2019...Z10 of course... Directly purchased from Segway Germany itself

Dont know the Reason...

That would be perfect to have 55Kmh at 1.0.0 Version

The Driving Behaviour after 1.0.0 or 1.0.2 Changes massively (Not Bad but very different and nimble)

Got an idea, i guess you flash with the last version of ninetool, if i'm right so try to do it with the old version. ( in the zip you have 2 version, the beta which is very fast and the other)

Yes the new behaviour is not good for me, and cause the wheel being less safe, specially for people used to riding with the 1.0.0 

I'm always happy when i see someone able to feel the difference :) This mean you really take care of every felling when riding ! :thumbup:

Edited by GyroRideRz

Yes, i tought the Same, but the second in the Zip is Ninetool 1.07 and there isnt the desired "Z8 55Kmh" in IT...i think its only till Ninetool 1.04 in IT...and i can Not get the older Version anymore...

do you have the older Version of Ninetool and can you send me the Zip-File per Mail or something?

The actual now is Ninetool 1.0.7 and Beta 2.2.1 in the Zip

Edited by onkeldanuel

• 3 weeks later...

@GyroRideRz

or Others:

One more Question:

I have noticed Alarms/beeps from the Wheel when current goes over 40 Amps..

Thats normal and Not turned Off in Firmware 7.6.0 or 7.6.1 or??

Today at 40-42 Kmh at 70 percent battery and cold weather (7degrees Celsius) with 7.6.0 and 7.6.1, both Tested...

No Tiltback, only continous beeps from the wheel when reaching 40 Amps (Log)

Edited by onkeldanuel

4 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

@GyroRideRz

or Others:

One more Question:

I have noticed Alarms/beeps from the Wheel when current goes over 40 Amps..

Thats normal and Not turned Off in Firmware 7.6.0 or 7.6.1 or??

Today at 40-42 Kmh at 70 percent battery and cold weather (7degrees Celsius) with 7.6.0 and 7.6.1, both Tested...

No Tiltback, only continous beeps from the wheel when reaching 40 Amps (Log)

I'm on a 1.0.0 based firmware, so i can't tell you sorry. 

Did you check the alarm settings ? are they all 3 desactivated ?

12 minutes ago, GyroRideRz said:

I'm on a 1.0.0 based firmware, so i can't tell you sorry. 

Did you check the alarm settings ? are they all 3 desactivated ?

Yes, all deactivated!

But in General there is No 40 Amp - Warning at the Z10 ???

Really Strange....

Edited by onkeldanuel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 7.6.5 (Base 1.0.7)
Battery <10% 8-> 15
Battery <20% 15-> 20
No auto power off 10 minutes
The speed Z10 Z8 in unlimited mode is set by the limit x * 6
Z6 speed in unlimited mode is set by the limit x * 5
The speed of all models in limited mode is set by the limit x * 2

PS. So far I have mixed up the models Z8 and Z6 in places, but you can already use it.

http://mrn76.ru/NineToolBeta_2.2.6.rar

photo_2019-12-20_00-29-58.jpg

• Like 1