Z10 MAX SPEED UNLOCK TO 56km/h TESTS REPORT

GyroRideRz

fliegergott 

I still have the ninebot-segway V4 installed on my phone and the speed limit of the Z10 depends on how the limiter is setted (without been activated).

I cannot find it online. Hope this link works. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.ninebot.ninebot

Ignore the note for upgrade!

I hope we meet sometime.

Edited by Werner

10 hours ago, fliegergott said:

@Werner Actually I want to use MRN76´s firmware 7.6.5. Could you (or anybody else) manage to set limit in original segway app? I cant find this option. I think this option is gone with an update of original software.

Many pages back in this thread MRN76 posted the following description for 7.6.5 with a RED ring around the slider in the Segway/Ninebot app that you will need to use to set your MAX speed limit!  I hope this helps you get the unlock set up OK.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 5:19 PM, fliegergott said:

By the way: Flashing firmware 7.6.0 and 7.6.1 work great!

Maybe we meet someday in Linz :-)

Just flashed to 7.6.1 and agree with you so far so good... no speed attempt yet but is stable

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Konrad said:

With the modded firmware do we still have tiltback? If yes, why @Damarafaka got cutoffs? Did he force the tilt back?

Don't know about the effects of the modded firmware, hut zhe Z10 has some ~100A current limit beside the normal motor torque over speed limit.

This can cut off with no tiltback or any speed relation.

• Like 1

I never force intensiv acceleration at higher speeds and always get a tiltback when reaching the speed limit. 

Additionally I work with EUC-World-Limits, they work very well. 

Never had any problems. 

Edited by Werner

For me it works perfectly too. It feels save up to the top speed. There is a tiltback, but You can force it. Currents above 120 Amps are possible.

On 20.01.2021 at 11:56 PM, Konrad said:

Hi guys!

Have 2 questions:

1 - anybody got a brick?

2 - With the modded firmware do we still have tiltback? If yes, why @Damarafaka got cutoffs? Did he force the tilt back?

Thanks!

1. No

2. Because he overleaned.

It is not so hard to overlean z10 at any speed. Doesn't matter original firmware or not.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2020 at 2:19 AM, Kevin Johnson said:

really enjoying the unlocked firmware, but now i'm craving more battery as well. it seems i only get about 5-7 miles of spirited riding at near top speed before it starts progressively limiting me. does this seem low to anyone else? granted its around 32f/0c here at the moment so that could have something to do with it. i only weight 145lb though

edit: also wondered if the z10 has any thermal speed-throttling. like if you're pushing it really hard, or in really hot weather, whether the wheel will automatically throttle speed to keep temperatures in check? 

Yes you have thermal throttle. Got it once on some km of fast ride ALL UPHILL on tarmac, during summer in Italy. Temperature was around 80 degree Celsius. Wheel starts to make a noise and if you stop she will not restart until cools down. 

On normal driving even fast and skate park never got any thermal throttle :)

Hello guys, I have unlocked my z10 and also a friend's z6! Wonderful! Now it rides fast until 15% of battery! 

We noticed a new noise. It seems like a fourth speed/power alarm. 

On the z6 it happens also before 40kmh, and quite often at 45.

On the z10 is harder to get it. So I think it may be a max power alarm. 

In 2.ooo thousand km I never heard it before, and I drove a lot in tilt back at max speed then battery was less than half (so with the 3rd alarm always ringing). 

Alex told me that he drove the Z only 5km and doesn't know its alarms. 

Did you experienced it? 

1 hour ago, Konrad said:

Connected to Ninebot App. Or to EUC world.

Here you can hear all the sounds: the fourth is the new one never noticed before. 

https://streamable.com/n0rpfb

I recognise this sound!

I got it sometimes when going over some uneven spots while going really fast; back then i thought "now you gonna fly off!"  :cry2: But i didn't :clap3:. Never ever. 

The Z10 runs really stable even with the speed increase. Just don't overlean,  especially at high speeds, and you're fine. 

I think the sound is similar to the 80%-warning on other EUCs.

So: Respect it!!

Ps: Big advance > you don't need to be connected to an app because the wheel puts out this sounds itself without any app. 

But i recommend using an app, for example euc-world, to set limits a little earlier then the last alarm of the wheel, because the alarms of the app you can listen with your Bluetooth device right in the ears while you maybe don't hear the speaker of the wheel at high speeds. 

Edited by Werner
  • Like 2

Jep, I recognise it too. It is the sign that the current passed a specific number. I got it also before using the hack, for example at riding over potholes etc. That alarm goes also some time after the occurence, when the current is down again. For me it has the message "that was close".

Try it going slowly through a pothole. I think it should occure.

On 31/03/2021 at 15:35, Konrad said:

Connecté à l'application Ninebot. Ou vers le monde EUC.

Ici, vous pouvez entendre tous les sons: le quatrième est le nouveau jamais remarqué auparavant. 

https://streamable.com/n0rpfb

Hi, thanks for this video. I am using a Z10 from 2018, it is unlocked (Z8 - 56 km / h) and I am using firmware 1.0.0 which in my experience makes the wheel the most stable, I have never heard this fourth sound. I have already suffered a cut at 56% and 46 km / h with a current peak at 75A, no sound before the cut. Now I use EucWorld and its alarms mainly for security.

The Z10 cut out on me once, also without alarm. But at that moment I forced it too suddenly, so that it had no chance to warn me...

But that was without the hack.

Thanks guys for the replies. 

I think never noticed this sound before because it's low than the third alarm. 

My hypothesis is that it warns un that max power is deploying. But for example, when I was riding at 30 or less kmh in tilt back because of low battery, I never got thia sound. So there must be a combination max power / 3rd (max) speed warning. 

My friend got a cutoff on his Z6. We were at 35-40, just got a (not strong) acceleration. No sounds heard. I think that this firmware hasn't been tested enough for the Z6...

It is not the firmware, it's the battery. The Z6's battery is waaayyy to small for these speeds.

With that hack the tiltback comes later. If You had tiltback at 30 kph than the battery was quite empty. At a low charge it is less likely that the current will be that high. So that sound won't appear. - My hypothesis😉.

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2019 at 8:29 PM, MRN76 said:

Yes. Version 7.6.5

Sorry, I rarely go to this forum.

hi witch phones work with the ninetool app tryed downloading it on an old samsung device but had no luck opening it, and no one ever says what phone thay used