Z10 MAX SPEED UNLOCK TO 56km/h TESTS REPORT

GyroRideRz

On 2/16/2019 at 12:36 PM, Smoother said:

I'm glad the hack is making your regular riding experience better, but I want you to read the bold sections above and, pretending someone else wrote it, then give "that person" some advice that you would wish someone would give you in the same situation.

I don't want hear about two of these in the same month:

it is said that if you don't give advice you do not get wise, but in "that case" i'd trust that PROFESSIONAL... coz maybe i am quite sportive, confident and cautious...
A week later i have all my APROPIATE gear and stuff like this....  coz before i had a very simple gear for kids, i mean, low speeds.

Next time quote all the thing or read it coz before that i say what you want. 

My Z10 is firmware V 1.0.5 but does not activate out of the box.  Everytime I try to activate using the Ninebot app is does not work.  I am going to return to China but before I did I am wondering, Is there a way I can use your app to bypass this activation error.  Essentially can I use it update the firmware even if the unit will not activate?

2 hours ago, RidePhilly said:

My Z10 is firmware V 1.0.5 but does not activate out of the box.  Everytime I try to activate using the Ninebot app is does not work.  I am going to return to China but before I did I am wondering, Is there a way I can use your app to bypass this activation error.  Essentially can I use it update the firmware even if the unit will not activate? 

Hey. I'm a little busy right now, write me a telegram mrn762. Is there any error in the wheel when connecting a native application?

On 2/20/2019 at 6:29 PM, MRN76 said:

I still do not recommend flashing the wheel above 55kmch. The wheel is already working at the limit.

Do you mean riding the wheel above 55kmh?

Flashing a fw with higher speeds (55kmh) but when riding under this recommended limit should also allow the wheel NOT to work at the limit.

I would believe rider weight plays a huge roll when referring to different "safe" limits.

Do your firmwares maintain the other characteristics (besides speed limits and alarms) of the last official firmware the wheel had prior to flashing, like breaking, torque? Or do you also modify these characteristics to the last official one, 1.0.5 in the case of the Z10.

1 hour ago, Damarafaka said:

For the interest of science and the safety of my fellow riders let you know that the cut-off speed of 7.6.1 fw limit 61kmh for a 68kg rider is 70 .4kmh

Crash 70kmh 2019-03-03-16-26-13.jpg

Did you stay at 100% battery? 

That's some serious speed for a z10 I'd love to see the video but don't do it again lol

10 minutes ago, stephen said:

Did you stay at 100% battery? 

That's some serious speed for a z10 I'd love to see the video but don't do it again lol

Battery was above 50% although not sure if during max speed peaks, the battery reads lower percentages. Was not at all aware I was going so fast, was having trouble getting wheellog connected to my pebble watch, giving me lower speed readings, as I found out later, did a slight downhill with strong acceleration, pressing hard and was extremely lucky after cutoff and flight and roll, only injuring shoulder, hoping its not broken, and nasty hand wound. Only destroyed trolly handle and managed to put back together front casing that had come loose, rubber protectors, now ripped, took most of the hit too. Initially the wheel would not turn on, but after opening motherboard side, a connector with many pins had come also loose, after bending pins back and connecting, the Z started again.

No excuse for my stupidity, but wheel was riding perfectly stable and as mentioned had no idea I was going so fast, strange but on my MSX I have the sensation I'm going much faster at a lower speed. Sorry, no video.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:oOooh didn't know you had an accident hope your ok , thanks for the info ,i go faster on the msx than my Z10 only cause it tilts me back  before 28 mph😀

I don't know wether to try the modded firmware :( I'm 90kg so I'd only mod to 31mph anyway

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, stephen said:

:oOooh didn't know you had an accident hope your ok , thanks for the info ,i go faster on the msx than my Z10 only cause it tilts me back  before 28 mph😀

I don't know wether to try the modded firmware :( I'm 90kg so I'd only mod to 31mph anyway

The modded firmware is an example of very good programming if used with responsibility. The Z10 behaves flawless and with absolutely no strange behavior, only have to be well aware of how powerful the wheel really is and that it accelerates very quickly to the new top speeds. High speeds are not for everyone, but only the lack of limitation after going under 50% battery make the mod worthwhile.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Damarafaka said:

the lack of limitation after going under 50% battery make the mod worthwhile.

I was not aware that this mod had that feature regarding the speed throttling under 50%. That fact on it's own does offer some food for thought, thank you for that information!

7 hours ago, Damarafaka said:

The modded firmware is an example of very good programming if used with responsibility. The Z10 behaves flawless and with absolutely no strange behavior, only have to be well aware of how powerful the wheel really is and that it accelerates very quickly to the new top speeds. High speeds are not for everyone, but only the lack of limitation after going under 50% battery make the mod worthwhile.

Can you just change it back to the original z10 firmware if you wanted to , I'm happy with the z10 range and wouldn't want to lose to much of it

15 hours ago, stephen said:

Can you just change it back to the original z10 firmware if you wanted to , I'm happy with the z10 range and wouldn't want to lose to much of it

You can switch back to the original, no problem, takes 5-10 min, you can even choose v1.0.5 or 1.0.2. Switching between the different Z models in a fw to change speed, limiting wheel to 20kmh for example, is immediate.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, palachzzz said:

hm.. 70.4 it is around motor-cut-off speed at that voltage (battery percent). Most probably your wheel reach it after felt down. You didn't ride 70km/h. 
I see that you don't use LOGs in WheelLog, they will be very helpfull in such cases. Otherwise it is just usual overlean, without any information.

throttling under 50% works as it was on stock fw: Maximum speed decrease by 5 km/h each 10%. But starting speed changes, so at stock FW it was like:
50% - 45 km/h
40% - 40 km/h
30% - 35 km/h
20% - 30 km/h

With 60 km/h unlock it will be:
50% - 60 km/h
40% - 55 km/h
30% - 50 km/h
20% - 45 km/h

With 55 km/h limit:
50% - 55 km/h
40% - 50 km/h
30% - 45 km/h
20% - 40 km/h

The purpose of the details is allow fellow testers to have all the possible information and data regarding the behavior of the wheel at these speed limits. Of course the logging would have given much more useful info as well as a video. I admit that your assessment is perfectly possible, that the wheel could have free spun after bouncing around after cut-off, but in my opinion it is more probable that the speed was reached before cut-off, it is even possible that the speed was reached even before and the cut-off occurred with a slightly lower speed but triggered by bumps on the road. Once again, the goal is to know what variables, speed, inclination, road condition, tire pressure, etc. are causing a cut-off in order to find a "safe zone" for extreme riding. I am no expert in electronics or programming, but I have done the same testing with my MSX and ride a safe zone with my weight around 60kmh. I have lots of youtube videos doing what I call high speed laps (as well as with the stock Z10). Of course there are risks during testing and with my Z10 with 7.6.1, I was in no way planning to reach 70kmh, being perfectly aware the fw clearly states 61 as top speed, I wanted to hit this speed taking advantage of my 68kg, it felt safe enough to reach this limit. I ride 60kmh pretty comfortably so it was perfectly possible that such a powerful and stable wheel as the Z at high speed, if you know how to ride it aggressively, could have reached the mentioned speed before cut-off no problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1