Z10 MAX SPEED UNLOCK TO 56km/h TESTS REPORT

GyroRideRz

1 hour ago, EUCMania said:

Some battles are not worth winning. Knowing how to win a battle = smart. Knowing which battle is not worth winning = wisdom.

first wheel top speed was 12km/h, if some people doesn't test it faster, even you you would not have buy one today.

Sometimes is interesting to test limit of things, but yes it's need to do it smart.

When you buy a car that can drive at 170km/h, you don't necessarily drive at 170km/h, but it's reassuring to know that if you need it you can do it and especially that if this car can handle 170km/h perfectly, well there will be really no problem doing so by driving at 130km/h, and that's very reassuring.

It's the same here.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, US69 said:

Just out of interest...what is the "max cutout Speed" of the Z10?

But it is also software cut-out, the real motor cut-out little bit more - about 81.5 km/h on full battery

Edited by palachzzz
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, US69 said:

And on low battery? As Speed is voltage related...

Sure, it's absolutely linear depending on voltage. That's why your question looks pretty strange to me..
If you know that at 57.75V (full battery) speed is 81.5, than you should know that at 46v (about zero battery) it will be (81.5/57.75)*46 = 64.9 km/h.
And screen when it somewhere in the middle with 50.67V (81.5/57.75 * 50.67 = 71.5 km/h):

2e9fba7ef5d5.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes, but screenshot was made with firmware with 65 km/h limit.

The main thing, that ninebot Z has software cutoff (not hardware as other wheels, they cut it off when motor reach maximum possible speed for certain voltage), Ninebot Z6 has cutoff at speed 51.5 km/h (at any battery level), Ninebot Z10 has cutoff at 61.5km/h (at any battery level), so it seems that it is software cutoff with maximum_tiltback_speed+16.5km/h.

We (with @MRN76) tried to find real hardware cutoff, but it's not possible to set speed more than 65 km/h (because of two-byte number limitation - 65535) This screenshot was made with firmware with 65km/h unlock, and we get 80.5km/h, it was little bit less than we expected (81.5), but I tried to do it with not full battery, and at half battery I got true motor hardware limit - 71.4km/h, and cutoff was tottaly different than when it was software-defined (it rotated about second on maximum speed, and only after that it turns off, when it was software it turns off as fast at it reach certain speed). 

But now I use firmware with 50 km\h limit, with cutoff at 66.5 speed (at almost any battery level also)

Edited by palachzzz
  • Upvote 2

@palachzzz Thanks for that greats details and explanations ! :)

For now i ride at 50km/h iddle with the 56km/h limit firmware and 30Psi.

The wheel is really stable, only thing that's a problem is braking distance, but i'm not sure there is anything do to in the software to improved it. 

Edited by GyroRideRz

Did i understand that correctly?! There no "low battery" throttling anymore? I dont need a faster wheel, but on loger trips i hate it to drive much slower with battery under 30% on my way back home.

Edited by MaiKi

7 hours ago, MaiKi said:

Did i understand that correctly?! There no "low battery" throttling anymore? I dont need a faster wheel, but on loger trips i hate it to drive much slower with battery under 30% on my way back home.

You understood correctly. All limits are shifted up to 10 km/h. The only thing that I did not touch was the limit when the battery was discharged below 10% and it is 8km/h

@Jerome
I saw the firmware code that is responsible for throttling, it is not related to power, throttling depends on the percentage of battery and max_speed (pretty simple). Moreover, this is only one of the limiters, there are others which depend on power and other things which still work on custom fw.

But you are right, everyone should understand what and why he is doing and which risks and dangers this carries.

Edited by palachzzz