Z10 MAX SPEED UNLOCK TO 56km/h TESTS REPORT

GyroRideRz

For the Z10 also the 56km/h setting has to be handled with care, e. G. 60% battery, slight uphill, small bump and you are quite near the 90A cut off current. Be aware of this... Pushing the wheel to this speed should only be done very slowly... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TuN3M@N said:

For the Z10 also the 56km/h setting has to be handled with care, e. G. 60% battery, slight uphill, small bump and you are quite near the 90A cut off current. Be aware of this... Pushing the wheel to this speed should only be done very slowly... 

Interesting idea to push wheel slowly to avoid amp cutoff. Does the variable 60% battery result in higher amp readings/peaks with the same conditions compared to a 100% battery?

Yes it does, to accelerate the wheel needs a certain amount of power (Watts) and volts * ampere = watt. So as lower the available volts as higher will the amps go... 

• Like 2

It's been said earlier in the thread that the motors are different between the Z6 and Z10. I do wonder what was changed, given that the weights between the two wheels are very similar.

I am currently trying to find out if a Z10 battery, with the dual outputs connected in parallel and then spliced into the single Z6 power line would work. I believe the packs themselves do all the balancing so that side would be covered. I doubt that the NB app would recognise the additional W/Hrs, but other than that it might work. I would consider buying a Z10 battery for my Z6 if it did, as I am happy with the speed of the Z6.

• Like 1

The idea of ‘unlocking’ the z10 seemed appealing at first.. but after considering the pros and cons, I don’t think it is worth it. It is clear the z10 is not a performance wheel, the ride experience is second to none and that is why I like my z10. If you want performance get the MSX. Unlocking the z10 is risking a faceplant as I have seen one of these ‘unlocked’ z10 dump a friend of mine. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2019 at 2:35 AM, Damarafaka said:

Interesting idea to push wheel slowly to avoid amp cutoff. Does the variable 60% battery result in higher amp readings/peaks with the same conditions compared to a 100% battery?

I will say unlocking the z10 is dangerous. Seen an unlocked wheel pedal dip on my friends unlocked z10.. could have been worse.. Not worth disabling yourself for.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2019 at 1:05 PM, Afeez Kay said:

I will say unlocking the z10 is dangerous. Seen an unlocked wheel pedal dip on my friends unlocked z10.. could have been worse.. Not worth disabling yourself for.

I think the unlock is worth it even if you don't cross the speed limits, just for the battery drain limitation on speed, it does not alter the wheels performance in any way (only max speeds altered/amp-weight variations affected) maybe a bit lesser mileage. If you ride the Z10 like a normal Z10, there is NO increased risk. A whole different thing is crossing the line with reduced battery, rider weight close to top end 120kg, etc. How much does your friend weigh and how fast was he going during face plant?

• Like 3

WheelLog log and screen recording of ninebot z10 cutoff after hitting 60.6kmh (although actual cut seems to take place slightly after with 59kmh) and managing to hold on until z10 recovers and comes back to life. I was supposedly recording with my gopro with the sailvideosystem out of my waist but to my great pain this sequence was not recorded. At least I do have the log details included from the Wheellog app (attached logs of incident only; complete file available) . Just like MRN76 recommends, it is not safe going faster than 55kmh  under optimal conditions. Sorry about the overlapping screens (you can still see data under screen if you look closely) and the audio, my nervous reaction during and after cutoff. Looking at the logs I seem to be having two types of cutoffs, one caused by overleaning close to 60kmh and a second one, much more subtle (can be seen in next video) that I had never thought of as true cutoffs caused by amp peaks usually when exceeding 50kmh and hitting a bump or small obstacle, the logs with negative current and power values indicate this behavior. In both cases speed drops down to around 46kmh instantly, if we are overleaning excessively it's almost impossible to recover.

2019_05_19_18_09_01 cutoff.csv

Edited by Damarafaka
correction, unprecise information

11 hours ago, Fremalea said:

@MRN76 Will we have to buy a new code for this update?

Don't hope/think so ;) But a small donation would be nice I think...

BTW. Are 7.6.0 and 7.6.1 based on the same FW Version? 1.0.5?

Edited by TuN3M@N
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Planemo said:

You look like you're riding a bucking bronco. Scares the hell out of me just watching it! 

Riding seems at moments too aggressive, watching wheel bounce around but it is also due to a different style of riding or handling euc's at high speeds, an unorthodox way of allowing wheel to run free without pressing against it with inside of legs. At first the wobbles and violent reactions might confuse and induce an apparent loss of control but in reality this approach lets rider position wheel in ways pressing against it would be impossible or recover from unexpected behaviors and maintain speed and control, "flowing" out of trouble.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Fremalea said:

@MRN76 Will we have to buy a new code for this update?

Not. Code 1 for all firmware.

12 hours ago, TuN3M@N said:

Don't hope/think so ;) But a small donation would be nice I think...

BTW. Are 7.6.0 and 7.6.1 based on the same FW Version? 1.0.5?

Yes.

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys for all your contributions and comments they're really helpful. MRN76 Z10 56 km/h speed unlock nailed it... Thanks for that video, i am looking forward to purchasing a Z10 or Z6 in a month time. Although in this part of the world (West Africa- Lagos), I've met only a few riders with 14s and 16s. my first wheel was a China generic 14inch, then ninebot one e+ and i need upgrade in next month. Anyone knows where i can get it cheap+shipping? a used one in good shape is not a bad idea. Thanks..

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 12:38 AM, Damarafaka said:

I think the unlock is worth it even if you don't cross the speed limits, just for the battery drain limitation on speed, it does not alter the wheels performance in any way (only max speeds altered/amp-weight variations affected) maybe a bit lesser mileage. If you ride the Z10 like a normal Z10, there is NO increased risk. A whole different thing is crossing the line with reduced battery, rider weight close to top end 120kg, etc. How much does your friend weigh and how fast was he going during face plant?

I was doing about 15 mph and then accelerated quickly while trying to overtake a racing bike - then the pedals dipped and got unceremoniously tossed off it - this wasn't a cutout - as it was still running afterwards..it was a rider error asking too much power for such a puny battery voltage to feed the motor..

The wheel recovers within splitseconds from overcurrent cutouts... I managed 3 or 4 times to balance it till it recovers and keeps me up.... 

Edited by TuN3M@N

5 hours ago, Bobjai69 said:

I was doing about 15 mph and then accelerated quickly while trying to overtake a racing bike - then the pedals dipped and got unceremoniously tossed off it - this wasn't a cutout - as it was still running afterwards..it was a rider error asking too much power for such a puny battery voltage to feed the motor..

Wow, how quick was your 'accelerated quickly' to have caused this?! Theres plenty of vids showing people accelerating pretty hard on Z10's from 15mph without having cutouts! Or was it because yours is modded?

18 hours ago, Planemo said:

Wow, how quick was your 'accelerated quickly' to have caused this?! Theres plenty of vids showing people accelerating pretty hard on Z10's from 15mph without having cutouts! Or was it because yours is modded?

Like really quickly and no -  it wasn't because it was modded - that's just an urban myth, it has to do with an underwhelmed 58 volts pushing an 1800watt motor. I will like to see these so called videos you mentioned ( and I've watched a LOT! ) of hard accelerations on the Z10 - as it will dump you if press too hard on the pedal whether at 5mph or 25 - I know this as I still ride it everyday. It's a wheel that is  quick to cruise up to high speed without leaning hard like MSX..