KS18L vs GW Tesla

enigma35

On 8/28/2018 at 10:37 AM, Mark Lee said:

However for my wheels that I ride for fun 1K wh is not enough thus the decision not to get Z10 at close to $2K.  I will wait for the Z20 that's been mentioned in this Forum and hope that they will make it with larger battery.  :thumbup:

I can only imagine a z20- 2000wh battery omg that would be great.  If a z20?were available now, would you get that over a monster or msx?

I feel like the next innovation will be some sort of suspension. We have them on devices with smaller wheels, why not an euc. 

On 8/27/2018 at 12:32 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

37mph on the Tesla? Where does that figure come from? I've always heard 31 is the max. I wouldn't go faster than 30!

If you want a fast(er) wheel, get the msuper X (I guess) or the 100V Monster.

The Max I've been on my Tesla 1020 is 35mph but I crashed since I didn't hear the beep at a very low battery. However, I've been able to achieve 32-33MPH with no issues. I have no experience with KS18L though, but I am eyeing it.

IMG_1209.PNG

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jediah Matthew said:

The Max I've been on my Tesla 1020 is 35mph but I crashed since I didn't hear the beep at a very low battery. However, I've been able to achieve 32-33MPH with no issues. I have no experience with KS18L though, but I am eyeing it.

IMG_1209.PNG

Hope you’re ok after the spill ! d-^_^-b

if you don’t mind, how much do you weigh?  I weigh 180 and my tesla starts beeping like crazy around 33. Also, if I push mine past 30 a few times the battery goes from 90%-40% in about forty minutes with an avg speed of 15 mph.  Does your battery drain that fast?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jfree13 said:

I can only imagine a z20- 2000wh battery omg that would be great.  If a z20?were available now, would you get that over a monster or msx?

I feel like the next innovation will be some sort of suspension. We have them on devices with smaller wheels, why not an euc. 

Since the post you've quoted me I've got my hands on Z10.  We keep coming back to which wheel is better question.  Truth of matter is top of line modern wheels are all great in their own way.  You just need to decide on what you want with the wheels.  Z10 has ride quality like no other wheels in class and blast to ride.  Unique handling technique that is required on Z10 seems to transfer to other wheels.  As you fall deeper into EUC rabbit hole my recommendation would be go on group rides and try other wheels and get as many as you can. :D

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

As you fall deeper into EUC rabbit hole my recommendation would be go on group rides and try other wheels and get as many as you can. :D

Getting as many as I can is the hard part, my girlfriend got mad when I got the Tesla a month ago and I already NEED an upgrade. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jfree13 said:

Getting as many as I can is the hard part, my girlfriend got mad when I got the Tesla a month ago and I already NEED an upgrade. 

I see so much in this post it's crazy. First you said girlfriend and not wife. Second you said you are in"need of an upgrade"... she should be very careful.... maybe that's why I have two ex-wives and 6 new Wheels...??

• Upvote 3

The quibbling over a few mph is of little significance. The 16" ACM2 and Tesla will do 30 mph or more. The  KS18S (*after 600 freaking miles), KS18L (after reasonable 120 miles), Msuper V3s+, 84V Monster, 100v Monster, MSX are all 18" wheels or larger and all can do 30 mph or more.  Instead of worrying about the maximum speeds in relationship to each other you need to consider the following:

Ride each at 30 mph directly at a wall, parked car, pole, or other stationary item and see which one stops in time to avoid hitting said item. The one's that stop in time should be the pool you choose from. 

Edited by Jerome
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jerome said:

The  KS18S (*after 600 freaking miles), KS18L (after reasonable 120 miles), Msuper V3s+, 84V Monster, 100v Monster, MSX are all 

Actually it is after -freaking- 200km...130miles?, and you can unlock the speed :-)

About 3 charges....

7 minutes ago, US69 said:

Actually it is after -freaking- 200km...130miles?, and you can unlock the speed :-)

About 3 charges....

I got the data from eWheels site and early videos on the KS18S. Based on your "correction" they must have re-thought the limitation requirement some where down the line. No worries.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jerome said:

I got the data from eWheels site and early videos on the KS18S. Based on your "correction" they must have re-thought the limitation requirement some where down the line. No worries.

Yeah, that was on much earlier firmwares...they corrected that, as -you are right- 600miles was way to much :facepalm:

Speeds above around 30mph are ones that I only visited a few times after getting familiar with the MSX after a 16S. I have passed 3000km on the MSX, and while the earlier experience made me think any speed can start to feel slow, there is luckily a limit after all. I would be happy with a 30mph top speed 18L(X).

That said, it is a personal thing. I know some people don’t have any internal safety  features, and for those the 30mph is indeed too little. Or that’s what they think at least.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2018 at 6:10 AM, jfree13 said:

Hope you’re ok after the spill ! d-^_^-b

if you don’t mind, how much do you weigh?  I weigh 180 and my tesla starts beeping like crazy around 33. Also, if I push mine past 30 a few times the battery goes from 90%-40% in about forty minutes with an avg speed of 15 mph.  Does your battery drain that fast?

I weigh 188Lbs, and Yes I was totally fine. It was wet and I skidded across the grass slowing down into a tree. My Tesla beeps like crazy to at that speed. I had placed a vibration alert on Darkness bot at 30MPH and I didn't pay attention to it. I pushed a little more and I hit 35mph, but then crashed on grass to my right. I don't recommend trying that speed at all. I only achieved it because I wasn't paying attention and the battery was very low.

Edited by Jediah Matthew
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 10:37 PM, DanCar said:

This table : 

says the Tesla V3 top speed is 42 mph.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????? IS THIS REAL? I have a Tesla 1020WH right now and totally love it. That would be insane if that's true. Any sources you can share?

On 10/9/2018 at 8:37 PM, Jediah Matthew said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????? IS THIS REAL? I have a Tesla 1020WH right now and totally love it. That would be insane if that's true. Any sources you can share?

being theoretically possible doesnt mean they you wouldnt probably die if you tried lmao.. maybe if you weighed 90 lbs with the wind on your back going down hill at 95% battery

• 10 months later...

Hey Wheelers !

I also put a message in another topic but this topic is a little more adapted. I had in November 2017 that I sold my tesla V1 I loved it but it was missing the circuit breaker. And it was not possible. I bought a MSX then because the weekend I make some trips in the wood next to my home and it is always nice to have autonomy (even if I have too much (1600w, 84v for my use).

I found my old tesla but version 1.5 the same as the V1 with cut circuit and I took it! She will allow me to go in the transports, and especially she is very lively.

As a result, my current use is: 60% in the city and 40% in the forest. The question is, will I have to resell my MSX? or keep both? or just take a 18XL for my need ? anything wheels perhaps ?

I do not want a wheel that does not use. For me : reactivity, maniability and confort are very important.

FYI, i measure 1,93 so the 14each wheel not for me

Thank you !

Edited by kelec_947