Unventor

KS18L latest firmware

I updated my 18XL to 1.12 yesterday

Updated to 1.12 about a week ago... All good... No issues but also it seems nothing new except some extra settings for lights/LEDs...

31 minutes ago, TomOnWheels said:

Updated to 1.12 about a week ago... All good... No issues but also it seems nothing new except some extra settings for lights/LEDs...

v1.12 is mostly for a better communication between new app and wheels. Firmware and app software needed to get on one level.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I just ug'd to 1.12 on my 18L. All good, save my pressure sensor B is still defective. Had to reset my speed settings. Right after I upgraded and powered on my wheel it kept the beep tone on for about 10 seconds until I recycled power again...weird. 

Also, I should add, that when attempting the lift sensor calibration on my wheel, a Chinese text box pops up. Please fix that.

I must say the communication does seem better the few times I've used it and the new format is pleasing.

Edited by Circuitmage

Posted (edited)

Screenshot_20190412-122358_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.f0b29a0d2809402c41e3226fb82fa697.jpgI just updated my KS18L to frimware 1.12. 

Recalibrate horizontal sensor as stated. Took it for a few hundred meters for takeaway lunch. Seems ok.

I had a hard til to read change log, since all space in text is set to %20.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Screenshot_20190412-122358_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.f0b29a0d2809402c41e3226fb82fa697.jpgI just updated my KS18L to frimware 1.12. 

Recalibrate horizontal sensor as stated. Took it for a few hundred meters for takeaway lunch. Seems ok.

I had a hard til to read change log, since all space in text is set to %20.

That recal. is important. I upgraded my FW. Didn't do the recal. My wheel felt weird; had a difficult time balancing on it. Tried to do a little tricking in it and took a spill and put the first scars on my new wrap job. I then realized that it needed recal. Completed that. Took her for a ride and she felt even better than she originally felt. 

Updated the XL, but I still need to update the L when it gets home next month.

Edited by Lutalo

53 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

That recal. is important. I upgraded my FW. Didn't do the recal. My wheel felt weird; had a difficult time balancing on it. Tried to do a little tricking in it and took a spill and put the first scars on my new wrap job. I then realized that it needed recal. Completed that. Took her for a ride and she felt even better than she originally felt. 

Updated the XL, but I still need to update the L when it gets home next month.

That is excatly how my KS18L acted last time too.

I am currently charging the wheel. All of a sudden it started to beep..few sec pause...then beep....

So I disconnected PSU. Turned on wheel...normal. Turn off. Started charging again. No further beeping. 

I will see how it behaves later.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Unventor said:

That is excatly how my KS18L acted last time too.

I am currently charging the wheel. All of a sudden it started to beep..few sec pause...then beep....

So I disconnected PSU. Turned on wheel...normal. Turn off. Started charging again. No further beeping. 

I will see how it behaves later.

Not sure what that beeping is. But, you did the update and recal; so,  it should ride great after charging.

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Not sure what that beeping is. But, you did the update and recal; so,  it should ride great after charging.

Yes I did. 

I only did a short ride like my 2km home. 

I think might have been a BT com glich as I had my phone wireless charging too.

It didn't happen again afterwards I disconnected PSU, turned on wheel and then off, then reconnectet PSU.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 7:50 PM, TomOnWheels said:

Hi! What are these extra settings?

5 hours ago, Mi-K-L said:

Hi! What are these extra settings?

I spot some new settings for side lights and also ghost mode that has a direct on/off switch now... I'm not sure it was there before...