KS18L latest firmware

Unventor

31 minutes ago, TomOnWheels said:

Updated to 1.12 about a week ago... All good... No issues but also it seems nothing new except some extra settings for lights/LEDs...

v1.12 is mostly for a better communication between new app and wheels. Firmware and app software needed to get on one level.

• Upvote 1

I just ug'd to 1.12 on my 18L. All good, save my pressure sensor B is still defective. Had to reset my speed settings. Right after I upgraded and powered on my wheel it kept the beep tone on for about 10 seconds until I recycled power again...weird. 

Also, I should add, that when attempting the lift sensor calibration on my wheel, a Chinese text box pops up. Please fix that.

I must say the communication does seem better the few times I've used it and the new format is pleasing.

Edited by Circuitmage

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20190412-122358_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.f0b29a0d2809402c41e3226fb82fa697.jpgI just updated my KS18L to frimware 1.12. 

Recalibrate horizontal sensor as stated. Took it for a few hundred meters for takeaway lunch. Seems ok.

I had a hard til to read change log, since all space in text is set to %20.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Screenshot_20190412-122358_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.f0b29a0d2809402c41e3226fb82fa697.jpgI just updated my KS18L to frimware 1.12. 

Recalibrate horizontal sensor as stated. Took it for a few hundred meters for takeaway lunch. Seems ok.

I had a hard til to read change log, since all space in text is set to %20.

That recal. is important. I upgraded my FW. Didn't do the recal. My wheel felt weird; had a difficult time balancing on it. Tried to do a little tricking in it and took a spill and put the first scars on my new wrap job. I then realized that it needed recal. Completed that. Took her for a ride and she felt even better than she originally felt. 

Updated the XL, but I still need to update the L when it gets home next month.

Edited by Lutalo

53 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

That recal. is important. I upgraded my FW. Didn't do the recal. My wheel felt weird; had a difficult time balancing on it. Tried to do a little tricking in it and took a spill and put the first scars on my new wrap job. I then realized that it needed recal. Completed that. Took her for a ride and she felt even better than she originally felt. 

Updated the XL, but I still need to update the L when it gets home next month.

That is excatly how my KS18L acted last time too.

I am currently charging the wheel. All of a sudden it started to beep..few sec pause...then beep....

So I disconnected PSU. Turned on wheel...normal. Turn off. Started charging again. No further beeping. 

I will see how it behaves later.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Unventor said:

That is excatly how my KS18L acted last time too.

I am currently charging the wheel. All of a sudden it started to beep..few sec pause...then beep....

So I disconnected PSU. Turned on wheel...normal. Turn off. Started charging again. No further beeping. 

I will see how it behaves later.

Not sure what that beeping is. But, you did the update and recal; so,  it should ride great after charging.

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Not sure what that beeping is. But, you did the update and recal; so,  it should ride great after charging.

Yes I did. 

I only did a short ride like my 2km home. 

I think might have been a BT com glich as I had my phone wireless charging too.

It didn't happen again afterwards I disconnected PSU, turned on wheel and then off, then reconnectet PSU.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 7:50 PM, TomOnWheels said:

Updated to 1.12 about a week ago... All good... No issues but also it seems nothing new except some extra settings for lights/LEDs...

Hi! What are these extra settings?

• 2 months later...

After commuting home from work I saw the KS18L (and possibly KS18XL too) had a new firmware. Version 1.13.

Supposedly giving a better response (acceleration) and a different light mode. 

I have not tested the wheel after the update, but just wondering if anyone have tested this yet? 

@Lutalo if I recall correctly you have both L and XL right?

Note: my KS app crashed again as it seems to do very frequent (like while typing this post too) so I hope it completed successfully as it not says it is updated. I left it in attended at 40%...

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

After commuting home from work I saw the KS18L (and possibly KS18XL too) had a new firmware. Version 1.13.

Supposedly giving a better response (acceleration) and a different light mode. 

I have not tested the wheel after the update, but just wondering if anyone have tested this yet? 

@Lutalo if I recall correctly you have both L and XL right?

Note: my KS app crashed again as it seems to do very frequent (like while typing this post too) so I hope it completed successfully as it not says it is updated. I left it in attended at 40%...

I haven't yet updated for either wheel. If it ain't broke I don't fix it. Even if your update didn't complete, it should restart when you reopen the app. 

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

I haven't yet updated for either wheel. If it ain't broke I don't fix it. Even if your update didn't complete, it should restart when you reopen the app. 

Thank you. It did state after turning wheel on and restarting app that is updated. 

Well here goes, early appointment at hospital 7.15 Am... 

• Like 1

Updated to Firmware V1.13 on KS-18L.. 

The acceleration will definitely put a big fat smile on your face.... It was already a very good wheel.. now it is even better. :D

Edited by 1748
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, 1748 said:

The acceleration will definitely put a big fat smile on your face.... It was already a very good wheel.. not it is even better. :D

I’m holding on a few days before updating but this sounds good. 

Anybody else that updated already? Are there really a big difference and does it come with other changes? @US69 do you know much about V1.13?

18 minutes ago, 1748 said:

The acceleration will definitely put a big fat smile on your face.... It was already a very good wheel.. not it is even better. :D

Hehe someone who read my review thread. 

Well I were a little late. But since my shoulder accident I do ride more carefully or defensive. 

It didn't feel that different from what I recall. But then again I didn't ride aggressive. I almost made it in time 😁. A new nurse today so she had to read up on my file. So no harme done. 

For the record. I had a worried but yet a big fat smile on my face passing reception. 😁

6 hours ago, 1748 said:

The acceleration will definitely put a big fat smile on your face.... It was already a very good wheel.. now it is even better. :D

Well then I suppose I had better get on it.:D

8 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I’m holding on a few days before updating but this sounds good. 

Anybody else that updated already? Are there really a big difference and does it come with other changes? @US69 do you know much about V1.13?

To my Informations this Firmware is all About a new/updated "Motor driver" …. and should give you a better acceleration and braking.

That's something you really only have on a Firmware upgradeable EUC....and i remember that on my KS18S  a new Firmware also made it a nearly new Wheel B)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Well, I did it anyway, updated to 1.13. All went smoothly on iOS. I'll report back after my ride tonight. 

Just done it on my 18L, too….

Yip, went smooth. Curious to see the results. Unfortunatly still on work :whistling:

2 hours ago, US69 said:

Just done it on my 18L, too….

Yip, went smooth. Curious to see the results. Unfortunatly still on work :whistling:

Grab some tape to help you limit the wide smile on your face. It feels nothing less than great. 

• Like 1