KS18L latest firmware

Unventor

18 minutes ago, 1748 said:

Firmware v1.13 for KS-18L also increase the Bluetooth range for anyone experience unstable connection on current Firmware.

Where did you get that info? 

46 minutes ago, 1748 said:

Firmware v1.13 for KS-18L also increase the Bluetooth range for anyone experience unstable connection on current Firmware.

I experienced same improvement after upgrade to 1.12 too, but after some time signal dropped to the same low level as before, so I needed to have phone in my back-pocket to keep connection with phone. Today I upgraded to 1.13 and signal is strong again, I’m looking forward if this will persist.

Edited by Icestorm

After some riding I can say that the new firmware feels better and more responsive. It’s not quite as peppy as a V8 or other similar size wheels but feels very similar to my old V10F with it’s new firmware. Not bad at all. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

Thanks for your reports. Did you have to do a recalibration afterwards (i.e. after coming from 1.12)?

I probably should have done it but I forgot and it didn’t cause any problems. 

1 hour ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

Thanks for your reports. Did you have to do a recalibration afterwards (i.e. after coming from 1.12)?

I didn't recalibrate, nor did the the update say it was needed. It stated that at 1.12, and it was absolutely necessary back then. 

• Like 1

Encouraged by your reports I did the 1.13 upgrade one hours ago :efefe00999:. Being frightened by former experience but no issues so far - phew! You are right, calibration wasn´t demanded like in prior versions. Although I checked after upgrading and found a slight misalignment of my wheel. But this may have been there before I think. Anyway I repeated calibration without any hazzle.

Now I´m very exited about the pronounced improvements. Maybe tomorrow I will know more if wheather conditions are OK (Having a crazy heatwave this week makes you glue to the tarmac this days! :cry2:)

Edited by Mimetic Polyalloy

Hmm mine seems to be stuck upgrading the firmware.  Android it doesn’t seem to be making any progress, and if I try to move back on the phone it says update in process.  How long did it take to update your firmware?

4 minutes ago, Paul2579 said:

Anyone else getting a low rhythmic whirring out of what appears to be the control panel area following the update?  (Rides nice, though.)

I think it’s the fan. I noticed it also. It seems like it’s running all the time now. Might be a bug or maybe it runs hotter now. 

I also noticed a bug in lights. The tail light sometimes comes in white mode on the back instead of normal red. This happened on the back side while riding forward. 

Well, at least the ride is better and more responsive now. 

Tried to update from v1.11 and the progress bar never "progressed". Closed the app after 5 minutes of no response. Might try again tomorrow interested to feel the acceleration. Also, anyone getting random tilt back at low speeds?

Does this mean the with v1.13 the XL can accelerate faster than the MSX? I can only assume it's climbing abilities have increased also (disregarding overheating)?

27 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Does this mean the with v1.13 the XL can accelerate faster than the MSX? I can only assume it's climbing abilities have increased also (disregarding overheating)?

Acceleration is a bit difficult term because it accelerates as fast as needed to catch your lean. But it is feeling more responsive. Meaning it takes less effort to lean to get fast acceleration. I think 18xl was already feeling more responsive than MSX even before with the smaller diameter tire. Also not known for over heating. 

But pretty much yes. Also felt easier to go up a very steep incline. 

• Upvote 1

Went for a quick 5 mile ride to get the feel of the 18L before I did the update. After the update I went for a 12 mile ride and yes there is an improvement! It basically feels like I purchased a K&N Performance air filter and premium brake pads for a Toyota Camry.  It’s still a Camry, but now it’s has more snap when you accelerate the wheel, and the braking has more bite.

The wheel was at version 1.11 before I updated to 1.13. Not sure if everyone experienced what I went thru but as I was updating the wheel, it would cycle thru 75% back down to 0% then maybe 58% drop down to 0%, 35% - 0%, 64% - 0%. It done this maybe 15 times. Towards the end it went to 97% then dropped down to 0%, I was getting frustrated and then it finally went to 100% “update complete”. Took around 15-20 minutes to update.  

Because I knew I needed to calibrate the wheel after the update, I placed the wheel true level (front and back, side to side) to get the wheel ready for calibration. FYI when you reboot the wheel, it automatically calibrated the wheel. So if you haven’t done the update 1.12 yet like me, it would be best if you level the wheel while it’s updating, and save some time, because it going to auto calibrate after reboot. 

• Like 3