KS18L latest firmware

Unventor

I though it might be useful to have place to check what is latest firmware version.

I just got version 1.09 updated as I post this, the update completed successfully.

Edit: @US69poster this change log.

V 1.09:

1. Added multi-RGB pattern, mode 1 is automotic mode
2. Self-checking the match of firmware version and series number, if not match, the wheel will loose balance
V1.08
1. Automatic sensor calibration
2. Avoid wheel freeze issue

Edited by Unventor
Updating change log
  • Like 1

Hello everybody! 

I made the upgrade to 1.09. Lift sensor was perfect for me in 1.07 but now it doesn’t works well. I saw that there is an automatic calibration in the app but how it works? When I Launch it, there is no reaction of the wheel and the lift sensor stay bad. If somebody know how to do?

thanks

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matthieu Pretre said:

Hello everybody! 

I made the upgrade to 1.09. Lift sensor was perfect for me in 1.07 but now it doesn’t works well. I saw that there is an automatic calibration in the app but how it works? When I Launch it, there is no reaction of the wheel and the lift sensor stay bad. If somebody know how to do?

thanks

It was supposed to work auto calibrate even without the app. However it has been reported the auto calibrate do not work for all for whatever reason. @US69 have explained this after he got info from Kingsong. A new firmware is due to bring back manual calibration. Today or in the next few days is the eta.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just tried to update from 1.07 to 1.10. I have Os and the latest app. I connected the wheel and my firmware was shown in the app. The update started but now are 10 minutes that is blocked at 0.00% . Is it safe to disconnect and try again or is it better to wait?

I tried with android and it worked.

Edited by phatmike
problem solved

• 3 weeks later...

Just got new update today. Ver 1.11. Change log bug repair, whatever that means.

After update I rode like 10ish km to pet store and bought cat food. Of course trolleying around as usually, tven I rode home a total ride 16ish km in 50 min incl shopping time. 

Still with a fat big smile on my face.

Edited by Unventor
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Kael said:

I updated this morning but I now have no battery indicator lights. Can’t see whether there’s an option to turn them on/off in the app. 

My wheel do still have light, green status for battery and rainbow colour shifting when moving. I kept the on for 2 reasons. People seem to like them when they comment on the wheel. And any light seems to make you more visually in traffic from the sides.

When a person see shifting images, movement or lights flashing it raise the attention level in the brain. That is why indicator light blink on cars.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey guys ,

So last week I was charging my 18l and all of a sudden it shut down on me . I thought the fuse blew . Later , i found out the wheel would make a beep sound if I long press the power button for about 10 seconds , so it seemed the fuse was fine . The next day I connected with the app and upgraded to the latest firmware . After the update the wheel started charging again and everyrhing seemed fine , but the app says that there is an update for the kingsong app. However , whenever I press the download button,  nothing happens . It doesn't update ! I'm using an android phone and if you go on kingsong website and try downloading it , it won't work . 

I don't really care about updating , but I wanna know if the wheel is safe for riding . Any 18L owners that can comment please ? 

Thanks 

When I hit the download link for the new 1.52 Android app, it brought me to a blank page, but it was still downloading in the background.  I had to go to the downloads menu of my browser (firefox) where I could see the status.  It took a while to download.  I also had to enable the option to install from unsafe sources in order to install the app.

2 hours ago, Tayib Juan Doris said:

So last week I was charging my 18l and all of a sudden it shut down on me . I thought the fuse blew . Later , i found out the wheel would make a beep sound if I long press the power button for about 10 seconds , so it seemed the fuse was fine . The next day I connected with the app and upgraded to the latest firmware . After the update the wheel started charging again and everyrhing seemed fine , but the app says that there is an update for the kingsong app. However , whenever I press the download button,  nothing happens . It doesn't update ! I'm using an android phone and if you go on kingsong website and try downloading it , it won't work . 

I don't really care about updating , but I wanna know if the wheel is safe for riding . Any 18L owners that can comment please ? 

Thanks 

Please pay Attention:

Sometimes when entering the app you will get a "false update prompt"....DONT react to it...

When you go over the menu "Firmware update" and there Shows no update available...that is true!!!

This "false Firmware update prompt" after entering the app is corrected with App Version 1.52 but unfortunatly still on the IOS app….

• 6 months later...

Firmware 1.11 is on my wheel, but the app says 1.12 is available.

When I press the upgrade button, all the right things happen. The LEDs on the side update, the app updates, but when it gets to 100% the wheel reboots and the app reboots and when everything restarts the firmware is still at 1.11 .

Is there a 1.12 for the KS18L ? Why won't it update? Does it have any good fixes in it?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bbulkow said:

Firmware 1.11 is on my wheel, but the app says 1.12 is available.

When I press the upgrade button, all the right things happen. The LEDs on the side update, the app updates, but when it gets to 100% the wheel reboots and the app reboots and when everything restarts the firmware is still at 1.11 .

Is there a 1.12 for the KS18L ? Why won't it update? Does it have any good fixes in it?

I just unpacked my brand new KS18XL and I see the exact same behavior as you described. Tried it a few times but to no avail. The first time it beeped horribly until I reconnected with the app. Since then it rejects the FW upgrade silently.

I had similar experience when I tried to update my KS18L.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the firmware upgrade for my KS18XL and when I set the ride mode to experienced the ride feels like it’s on training mode. pedals keep tilting up and down as I accelerate and decelerate. I have several unicycles and have 2 years experience riding  and I am so frustrated with kingsong and their nonsense of tilt back and unlocking. I have 3 GotWay unicycles and you set it and forget it and I love them. I have a KS 16 S and I loved it but it was the same issue I’m tired of Kingsong even though the build quality is awesome and they make a very nice looking unicycle. Is anyone having a problem setting the experience mode on the app? I like a firm aggressive ride not one where the pedals are constantly tilting forward and backwards 

4 hours ago, Stein1922 said:

okay I will try that. thanks

16 hours ago, Stein1922 said:

I did the firmware upgrade for my KS18XL and when I set the ride mode to experienced the ride feels like it’s on training mode. pedals keep tilting up and down as I accelerate and decelerate. I have several unicycles and have 2 years experience riding  and I am so frustrated with kingsong and their nonsense of tilt back and unlocking. I have 3 GotWay unicycles and you set it and forget it and I love them. I have a KS 16 S and I loved it but it was the same issue I’m tired of Kingsong even though the build quality is awesome and they make a very nice looking unicycle. Is anyone having a problem setting the experience mode on the app? I like a firm aggressive ride not one where the pedals are constantly tilting forward and backwards 

Check this

What you describe is actually what I posted here. It feels like not in experienced mode because it tilts a lot when moving forward.

Edited by Tony Morales