KS18L latest firmware

Unventor

1 hour ago, Daniel-Son said:

The wheel was at version 1.11 before I updated to 1.13.

That's what I plan on doing.

1 hour ago, Daniel-Son said:

as I was updating the wheel, it would cycle thru 75% back down to 0% then maybe 58% drop down to 0%, 35% - 0%, 64% - 0%.

This happened updating my 14S yesterday only it took an hour before I closed the app and reopened it. went 0% - 100% in one go.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 4:45 PM, Unventor said:

I didn't recalibrate, nor did the the update say it was needed. It stated that at 1.12, and it was absolutely necessary back then. 

I didn't find it necessary to recalibrate. I tested the horizontal calibration and it was dead center as before. Did some acceleration and braking tests. Niiiiiiiiicccce!

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2

took a ride up to the liquor store to get some crown.  I noticed that the wheel responds with less input from me.  So it accelerates and brakes easier.   I doubt it is actually any quicker but it feels quicker.  I did seem to get the feeling that there was less gritty feeling when under hard deceleration as someone else mentioned.  It could be my imagination, but I used to get the feeling that my pedals dipped forward slightly after a long sweeping turn on v1.12.  I didn’t seem to notice that with 1.13.

• Like 3

Tried with an iPhone. #brickedwheelclub

@US69 or @Seba or someone else was able to fix this with v1.12 right? 

I can still connect with both old and new KS app. Says current firmware is v1.00 but says system error when I try to update.

1 minute ago, Flyboy10 said:

Tried with an iPhone. #brickedwheelclub

@US69 or @Seba or someone else was able to fix this with v1.12 right? 

I can still connect with both old and new KS app. Says current firmware is v1.00 but says system error when I try to update.

I tried to update as well with my I- Phone but wouldn't let me. :confused1:

7 hours ago, Patricio Bohórquez Rodríguez de Medina said:

And pedals till back in short bends to facilitate abrupt turns.

I didn’t notice this at my test run but now that you mentioned it I remember being surprised how well I did very sharp u-turns. 

My old V10F had similar feature and I really liked it. Good news. 

Clearly KingSong doesn’t have a marketing guru working for them. They make their flagship product much better and we must find out about it by testing and asking their representative. @US69 please let Kingsong know that  we like and welcome this new firmware. :thumbup: (at least on iOS)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Has any Android users successfully upgraded to v1.13?

Yes, I did. No problem in the end. It took 7 minutes the third successful update.

The first two attempts failed at 10% and 21% because other applications were updating. It seems that the KS firmware update conflicts with other apps or services.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Kept on restarting, never finished. Using Android. Going to try to find an iPhone and try again.

Cool. Not sure what that could be. I used an Android mobile and it was smooth sailing on both wheels that I upgraded. 

Edited by Lutalo

Just got back from a 30 mile ride and I absolutely love the new update! It turned my 18L into a 18X. It seems to be more efficient now.  Usually after 30 miles I would have 15% battery, now I was left with 32% battery.  It also turns like a dream, I can make sharp turns with ease, no forward tilting on turns, very Smoove! I also noticed after 30 miles my legs aren’t that  fatigue, maybe it’s because I don’t need to lean as much. Looks like they learned from the 16X. Good job kingsong !

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Daniel-Son said:

Just got back from a 30 mile ride and I absolutely love the new update! It turned my 18L into a 18X. It seems to be more efficient now.  Usually after 30 miles I would have 15% battery, now I was left with 32% battery.  It also turns like a dream, I can make sharp turns with ease, no forward tilting on turns, very Smoove! I also noticed after 30 miles my legs aren’t that  fatigue, maybe it’s because I don’t need to lean as much. Looks like they learned from the 16X. Good job kingsong !

I found relevant your comment in the other thread: "Because I knew I needed to calibrate the wheel after the update, I placed the wheel true level (front and back, side to side) to get the wheel ready for calibration. FYI when you reboot the wheel, it automatically calibrated the wheel. So if you haven’t done the update 1.12 yet like me, it would be best if you level the wheel while it’s updating, and save sometime, because it going to auto calibrate after reboot. "

My wheel was a bit inclined on one side when updating. So I need to calibrate. This should be the reason of my till back on turns.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Has any Android users successfully upgraded to v1.13?

Yes, but my KS app crash several times every day. And since it took some time I had to put grocery in my fridge. So I did watch from 40% to complete. When I got back to my phone the app had crashed. 

But the firmware had completed without any issue. 

I push the wheel a bit on my way home from work yesterday (1800m commute) and it feels nice. Takes less effort to pick up speed. I have not pushed breaking yet. 

2 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Jason at ewheels pulled through. My wheel has been upgraded to 1.13 took 2 minutes

Did he go over some steps/instructions that some of us are missing? Can you share?

Aight, just took a proper ride and almost died, lmao. (Not seriously, but i could have gone down hard, in the road). I was riding with my dad back from his job as i normally do, and pulled off from this light. Now, i have my pedals tilted about 1.5 degrees forward, because i have anger issues and aggression is the only way i know how to live. I guess i kinda forgot that everything is different now, and i leaned right in as I normally would. Now, before, the pedals would kinda...dip with me? And then level me out. But this time, the feedback was too damn fast, just accelerated like a bat out of hell. And instead of the pedals pushing against my whole foot, i was on my toes. And being on my toes whilst accelerating that fast led the wheel to violently wobble. I was like, o shiiddddd. And i was racing up behind my dad, so i did what i do and shot out to the right and around him. On the turn it wobbled again, but i aint no punk. Held on and shifted my weight backwards to the point i was back, planted on the pedals and took control back. It happened so fast, i didnt even have the time to be scared in the moment. Now i know.

Im wondering if i should tilt my pedals more forward to make up for these changes, or change to a softer setting. We'll see! Curious if anyone else has felt the need to ride a bit different with this new firmware.