KS18L latest firmware

Unventor

2 hours ago, Dave U said:

Did he go over some steps/instructions that some of us are missing? Can you share?

Steps were:

Download his app, login, connect to the wheel, and update. It was that simple. Don't know if he only provides this to ewheels customers though. If you purchased from him ask. I'll tag him to see if he has any further details. @Jason McNeil

5 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Steps were:

Download his app, login, connect to the wheel, and update. It was that simple. Don't know if he only provides this to ewheels customers though. If you purchased from him ask. I'll tag him to see if he has any further details. @Jason McNeil

Yes, I purchased 2 KS wheels from EWheels. I'll send him an email to see what he could do for me. I appreciate the info, Thanks

• Like 1

I've ugraded from v1.11 to v1.13.

All the process was OK (I had to recalibrate the wheel), but sometimes, all my LED (sides) make some random color.

But more annoying, my Lift sensor is KO now... Even after I tried to calibrate it... 

I'm alone with this problem?

EDIT:  I was fully OK just 5min before (v1.11)

Edited by cbgti

I just tested my lift sensor and it worked properly 4 out of 4 times.  You probably have already checked the app but I vaguely remember my lift sensor being turned off after updating to 1.12 I think, so you might want to look. 

An additional beneffit of the new firmware - 1.13. Is that the tilt back at max speed became very gradual in comparison to the 1.12. Now it is barely noticeable and it is possible to ride through it.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 8:47 PM, Flyboy10 said:

Steps were:

The "Special app" he  provided is not meant for General use, as there are functions in it, only for sellers and engineers….

Nonetheless: Happy that it worked out for you...

• Like 1

https://euc.world/tour/576375462023013

Just had this ride today shopping afrer work. It is one of the most windy ride I've done so far. It would not have been possible for me without the firmware update as I had so strong headwind that it cost 4x time the power to ride out to the petshop. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Unventor said:

cost 4x time the power to ride

Might be a side tangent but how do you figure this out? From the graph or a quick calculation? I'd like to know how much power/battery is used standing up vs. sitting down. As opposed to doing two very long range tests...

38 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Might be a side tangent but how do you figure this out? From the graph or a quick calculation? I'd like to know how much power/battery is used standing up vs. sitting down. As opposed to doing two very long range tests...

I have done this before, but not logged it, but knew how much battery I had and how much I have during and at the end. At some point it drained crazy fast. I came almost to a standstill from 20-25kmh. I had to stand on my toes as I couldn't push hard enough otherwise. Very nasty wind in open area. 

Just looked it up apparently we have winds at 7-9 m/s plus add gusting speeds to that. That is like 25-30kmh winds and add gusting too. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joker10 said:

I was waiting to hear some more opinions on tiltback before I said anything, but only seen one comment.  To me tiltback initiates a little less abruptly after the update. 

I can second that, well, third that I guess...

When running low on battery going uphill the tiltback took 1.5 seconds instead of the usual .2 second jerk.

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

Yeah, i got tiltback at low battery on a slight incline while i was accelerating. And it gently engaged and rocked me backwards. Fair. Before it LITERALLY ROCKED ME BACK. Scared the heck out of me and almost threw my balance. Even when I was prepared for it, it still was too much, haha.

One thing i noticed is that the wheel isnt saying anything on my first alarm. After the update it switched back from my beeps to "Please decelerate" but it doesnt say anything until my 2nd or third alarm, which is SO much better because im still locked out of my wheel (I cant bind it), so i cant touch my tiltback or alarms. So i just had to ride with my wheel beeping constantly. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seage said:

Yeah, i got tiltback at low battery on a slight incline while i was accelerating. And it gently engaged and rocked me backwards. Fair. Before it LITERALLY ROCKED ME BACK. Scared the heck out of me and almost threw my balance. Even when I was prepared for it, it still was too much, haha.

One thing i noticed is that the wheel isnt saying anything on my first alarm. After the update it switched back from my beeps to "Please decelerate" but it doesnt say anything until my 2nd or third alarm, which is SO much better because im still locked out of my wheel (I cant bind it), so i cant touch my tiltback or alarms. So i just had to ride with my wheel beeping constantly. 

On 1.12 the tilt back was sharp, it was rather unpleasant experience, especially on high speed. With 1.13 on high speed it is very gentle.

The better way to describe it:

With 1.12 when you hit the tilt back it is definitely an event that forces you to loose speed and leaves you with unpleasant feeling of how abrupt it was. 

With 1.13 when you hit it at high speed it is gentle and you can continue riding at high speed. It kind of tells you that you are at maximum speed limit but you can continue riding at this speed.

Had the same issue with not being able to bind my brand new wheel to my account. It was locked to someone else's account.. I was able to resolve it by getting in touch with kingsong directly.

Hope that helps.

15 minutes ago, EU4 said:

On 1.12 the tilt back was sharp, it was rather unpleasant experience, especially on high speed. With 1.13 on high speed it is very gentle.

The better way to describe it:

With 1.12 when you hit the tilt back it is definitely an event that forces you to loose speed and leaves you with unpleasant feeling of how abrupt it was. 

With 1.13 when you hit it at high speed it is gentle and you can continue riding at high speed. It kind of tells you that you are at maximum speed limit but you can continue riding at this speed.

Had the same issue with not being able to bind my brand new wheel to my account. It was locked to someone else's account.. I was able to resolve it by getting in touch with kingsong directly.

Hope that helps.

I actually unbinded it before, then tried to rebind and it didnt work. I tried to contact kingsong but no one was really helping.... Its been a slow process. I dont know who to talk to to make it any quicker. How did you contact them?

22 minutes ago, seage said:

I actually unbinded it before, then tried to rebind and it didnt work. I tried to contact kingsong but no one was really helping.... Its been a slow process. I dont know who to talk to to make it any quicker. How did you contact them?

I did it through their official app (chat option) as well requested from the seller of the wheel to do the same. Not sure which request actually went through. But over all it took about 3 weeks.. it was a huge pain to ride KS18XL at 20km/h for three weeks 😂

But that made me stronger 😀

Edited by EU4
Appending additional info
  • Like 1