steve454 had the most liked content!

9 Followers

About steve454

• Birthday 12/05/1956

Profile Information

• EUC
    ninebot

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

steve454's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Very Popular Rare
  • Reacting Well
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. I think you type the @ symbol and the first few letters of the name, then a drop down list of names will appear. Click on the name you want and it will insert in your post colored blue. That's on a laptop, never tried it on a phone.
  2. The charger might be bad, and the batteries in the Firewheel might be dead now. Only advice I can think of is to get a multimeter and check the voltage of the battery and the output of the charger. I think the charger should put out 67 volts, and the battery should not be less than about 60 volts at the lowest. If the battery gets too low it won't charge, and might be the reason the wheel only turns on with the charger connected, I'm guessing the battery is bad.
  3. Try Inmotion Canada. https://inmotioncanada.com/collections/all
  4. steve454

IPS S5

Look on the bottom of the pedals for a QR code, some manufacturers put the app link either there or on the box or in the owner manual. The IPS website is crappy, clicking on the app link doesn't work. I found a link at the Singapore official distributor for the Lhotz and Zero apps, but not the I5 or S5. If you don't find the app where I suggested looking, you could try one of the other IPS apps, maybe they will work. https://ipswheel.asia/app-download.html @IPS Malta might have a link, but hasn't visited since late September.
  5. This probably won't work on the Z10, with it's completely new control board, but it might be interesting for someone to try the manual calibration for the E+. Who knows, maybe Ninebot left that in the new wheel. But with the much higher power and weight of the Z10, I would be extremely careful to hold it strongly while the tire is spinning up. And it should go without saying, don't try to use plastic glasses for supports. I would use bricks or concrete blocks.
  6. That is unfortunate news, you might not be aware of the jogger killed by a cyclist on the Katy Trail. Might be part of the reason the city is cracking down so hard. You could keep doing the commute and see if you ever get stopped, if you ride courteously perhaps it will never be an issue. At the same time, maybe you can find a parallel street route as a backup. https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/2010/10/04/20101003-Dallas-jogger-hit-by-bicycle-on-603
  7. Mine do that also, I usually pump the tire about every two weeks to keep it in the 50-40 psi range. Low pressure can sneak up on you, it is gradual and you don't notice it until the wheel handles noticeably different. It's amazing what different pressures do to handling. You can put some soapy water on the schrader valve and see it it bubbles, but I bet you're just experiencing the normal leakage common to chinese bicycle and euc tires. After awhile the wheel won't feel so sensitive at the higher pressure, and you will find the pressure that is most comfortable for you.
  8. Amazing FPV flying, under a train, through bridge arches.
  9. Well, you can get a new pedal fairly inexpensively. At least you still have a backup wheel.
  10. That's the first I've heard of a new Kingsong coming out this autumn. That's interesting.
  11. Did you send the black box data? It might give a clue as to what is bad.
  12. Not sure but I think fully charged is about 4.2 volts per cell. But IIRC you should check each cell on a less than fully charged pack so that any cells that are weaker will stand out with lower voltage than all the good cells. In other words, you hope that all the cells read very close to the same voltage, which would mean the pack is probably good, at least the cells anyway. I'm not a battery expert, I am just trying to remember things from other threads.