IOS users beware: Do not upgrade to IOS 11

US69

Hey ho,

just beware...on IOs 11 several bluetooth devices do not work anymore!

My Ks18s can not connect anymore to my phone....only music still works...but the other part of bluetooth/all my apps! is just not visible anymore on the iphone options bluetooth page!

And no: Thats apple fault..not Kingsongs.....it is reported for several other devices also.

Hav not tested yet on my Gotway...so if you want your wheel Apps usable:

Do not update to ios 11!

EDIT:

My Gotway V3 is also NOT visible as bluetooth Device anymore....Nothing!

So Gotway users also: Dont update to IOS11

17 minutes ago, Asylsteirer said:

I won't.  I'll upgrade to Android 8. :thumbup::):popcorn:

Android seems to be the preferred operating system for the Chinese.  What do they know that we don't?

Android dominates the market with a whopping 87%, while iOS comes at a distant second at 12%.

4 hours ago, steve454 said:

Android seems to be the preferred operating system for the Chinese.  What do they know that we don't?

That they can get super cheap phones running an operating system that is given away by Google for free and whose phone’s OS can’t be upgraded?

8 hours ago, abinder3 said:

iOS 11 works fine with all of my Bluetooth devices.  Connects just fine to my KS18AY. 

My GW V3 does not work on IOs 11, also...

Not visible as Bluetooth device anymore...did you upgrade Over The Air, or on your PC?

I had the same issue with my Ninebot - I couldn't connect any of the three apps (9B, DarknessBot, Gyrometrics) to the wheel after upgrading to iOS 11. I made sure I toggled BT on/off in both the Control Center and in Settings, which is a known bug, but it didn't matter. I also tried a hard reset from my phone with no luck. Later, I called Tech Support for my carrier, and they ran remote diagnostics and told me that my 'phone wasn't connected very well', so they did a remote reset to the network and sent a carrier update, which resolved the problem after restarting.

So this may be worth a try.

1 hour ago, litewave said:

I had the same issue with my Ninebot - I couldn't connect any of the three apps (9B, DarknessBot, Gyrometrics) to the wheel after upgrading to iOS 11. I made sure I toggled BT on/off in both the Control Center and in Settings, which is a known bug, but it didn't matter. I also tried a hard reset from my phone with no luck. Later, I called Tech Support for my carrier, and they ran remote diagnostics and told me that my 'phone wasn't connected very well', so they did a remote reset to the network and sent a carrier update, which resolved the problem after restarting.

So this may be worth a try.

Have you been able to see the wheels in the Bluetooth Settings before this Reset? Or didn't you see them?

23 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Have you been able to see the wheels in the Bluetooth Settings before this Reset? Or didn't you see them?

No and no. The Ninebot did/does not appear in my device list under Bluetooth settings before or now. But all three apps do connect now and report data back.

[EDIT: The NineBot does not appear in Settings>BlueTooth>Devices until after it has paired/connected to an app successfully.]

I'm heading out for a long ride today and will update this post if needed. 

UPDATE:
All three apps (NineBot, Gyrometrics, DarknessBot) worked – at first, but the split between the Control Center BT (CCBT) and Settings BT (SBT) continues to be a source of of confusion and problems. It's very poorly implemented. It is possible to corrupt the settings by turning CCBT and/or SBT on/off such that you can't connect again at all once both are turned back on. I have tried a few scenarios but haven't figured out what exactly causes this problem to occur, but it did recur for me. If this happens, turn off CCBT and SBT and do a hard reset (depress and hold the power and home buttons simultaneously until the screen goes black and the white-on-black-background Apple logo appears), then turn SBT then CCBT back on. That seems to fix the issue for me so far.

Have tried all i can guess...networksettings also reset...

Nope...no Ks and no GW wheel findable anymore on IOS11....on all apps i have...and even not seeable in the settings menu(before they were)

using an android phone now...

iPhone 6, upgraded to iOS 11 over wifi, KingSong app connects to KS-16S just like before the upgrade.

Didn’t look in the iOS Bluetooth menu before, now I only see KingSongMusic under Other Devices. KingSong app, Darknessbot and Gyrometrics all connect perfectly.

On 22/09/2017 at 2:15 AM, Asylsteirer said:

I won't.  I'll upgrade to Android 8. :thumbup::):popcorn:

Unless you have a Google device, good lucking waiting another 9 months or so ...

Upgrading now ...

I'll let you know if my Inmotion still connects.

On 9/21/2017 at 12:46 PM, KingSong69 said:

Hey ho,

just beware...on IOs 11 several bluetooth devices do not work anymore!

My Ks18s can not connect anymore to my phone....only music still works...but the other part of bluetooth/all my apps! is just not visible anymore on the iphone options bluetooth page!

And no: Thats apple fault..not Kingsongs.....it is reported for several other devices also.

Hav not tested yet on my Gotway...so if you want your wheel Apps usable:

Do not update to ios 11!

EDIT:

My Gotway V3 is also NOT visible as bluetooth Device anymore....Nothing!

So Gotway users also: Dont update to IOS11

Great info! Thanks!  I have 2 iphones so I will upgrade one to IOS 11 and leave the other one alone. If things change I will let you now.

15 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Unless you have a Google device, good lucking waiting another 9 months or so ...

I was just kidding, because I don't care much about my phone type or OS version. :)

I use an iPhone from my company at work, and a Samsung Android privately.

But thanks of @KingSong69's warning I'll not upgrade my company phone in the next time.

The problem kept recurring for me, such that I have to do a phone hard reset if the connection drops after being connected to the wheel. I called Apple Tech Support a short while ago, and they confirmed this is a known issue, and that an update is in the works and will be released in the next couple weeks.

UPDATE: iOS update 11.01 was released today (Sep 26), but it did not resolve the BT connectivity issue for me. 

I also upgraded to IOS 11.01 update...but did not help at all!

Both my KS18S AND my Gotway are not seeable anymore when turn Bluetooth ON.....they just dont Show up under Bluetooth Settings!

Also, ALL Apps are not able to find any of the wheel, not Gyrometrics, not the old and new KS app, not Darknessbot....nothing! They just found nothing

Seams as IOS just can not recognize the Wheels anymore (only "Kingsongmusic" is found and works). Device is a iphone 5SE

And to make another test, i tried both of my wheels on android 7.0, with KS apps, wheellog, GW app an other apps etc......ALL No Problem at all!!!

@palachzzz Do you have an idea?  It is just crazy...

Edit1:

Fun is:

I used a app "BLE Scanner"...this founds the "KS-18S-160" Connection...saying "isConnectable"=Yes...

Just all my apps dont find it anymore :-(

Edit2:

Only on the first try the "BLE Scanner"...founds the "KS-18S-160"...now it is as quiet as all other apps...while android work...grrrr

We have also severe troubles with BT and IOS 11.01 here in the company.

I heard, that IOS 11.1 will fix that, and it is expected for October.  It is especially annoying, because there are no workarounds, it just doesn't work yet.

I also heard from our helpdesk, the reason for that is, that the whole Core Bluetooth Framework in IOS was rewritten, which was necessary to support the BT 5 standard.

However, BT 5 is only available for Iphone 8, and the older models which only support BT 4.2 still got the troubles of the new core framework.

So it looks like, we need to wait for the fixes in 11.1 somewhen during October.

2 hours ago, Asylsteirer said:

We have also severe troubles with BT and IOS 11.01 here in the company.

I heard, that IOS 11.1 will fix that, and it is expected for October.  It is especially annoying, because there are no workarounds, it just doesn't work yet.

I also heard from our helpdesk, the reason for that is, that the whole Core Bluetooth Framework in IOS was rewritten, which was necessary to support the BT 5 standard.

However, BT 5 is only available for Iphone 8, and the older models which only support BT 4.2 still got the troubles of the new core framework.

So it looks like, we need to wait for the fixes in 11.1 somewhen during October.

Yeah, heard of that IoS 11 Bluetooth troubles in my companz, also...

BUT GOOD NEWS (for me):

Even when  the Bluetooth „app scanner“ got me connected only in about 1 of 20 tries...

When i got connected to this app ....i also opened the green KS app...An YEAHHUU!

It finally worked! After about 3-400 trys with what not absurd combinations...this bluetooth app as scanner, exactly called „BLE Scanner“....makes my KS App work again!!!

So happy!!!

And now...after it once has connected...it works on and on consistently (talking about last 2 hours ;-)...)

Seams now its kind of „checked“ the KS18S and no problems anymore (have to repeat the process with the GW....)

So hopefully it goes on like this now :-)

@KingSong69, actually Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth LE is absolutely different technologies, maybe Apple forgot about it?)

I think the problem may relates to last news about new BT vulnerability "BlueBorn", maybe they tryed to fix it and broke something. But according to news Apple products wasn't affected to it... but... 

Archived