IOS users beware: Do not upgrade to IOS 11

US69

Apple is well aware of this issue and knows about the impact on EUCs as well. There probably won't be a fix for this until the next major iOS update: 11.1.

I escalated the issue with Apple Tech Support and spoke with a very helpful Senior Advisor a few days ago, and followed up when update 11.0.1 did not solve the problem. Here is the response he just sent me:

I’ve forwarded the information to engineering on the issue with bluetooth dropping connections to your unicycle as well as giving them the manufacturer and websites of the two sites you mentioned.

At this point we are working on several issues with the bluetooth and expect some changes to be made in the next update, 11.1.

I do not have any workarounds that I can offer at this point other than the one you already know of the hard reset of the phone.

But I do know we are working diligently on solving the issues with bluetooth and hopefully will have a solution for you soon.

 AppleCare Senior Advisor  IOS/ MacOS

On 9/23/2017 at 11:28 AM, KingSong69 said:

Have tried all i can guess...networksettings also reset...

Nope...no Ks and no GW wheel findable anymore on IOS11....on all apps i have...and even not seeable in the settings menu(before they were)

using an android phone now...

Make sure you have all apps and data backup to iCloud, then tell phone to wipe everything and start as a new phone. Then restore data from iCloud. Reboot. 

2 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

Make sure you have all apps and data backup to iCloud, then tell phone to wipe everything and start as a new phone. Then restore data from iCloud. Reboot. 

Does this create a permanent fix? I don’t use icloud. I do not recommend uploading all your personal data to the internet.

5 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

You’d better have a very large iCloud account if you do that.  Videos and photos alone will take up a lot of space. 

If possible, it would be better to back it up to a computer instead.  And faster. 

On 9/30/2017 at 2:30 PM, abinder3 said:

You’d better have a very large iCloud account if you do that.  Videos and photos alone will take up a lot of space. 

If possible, it would be better to back it up to a computer instead.  And faster. 

I do have a very large iCloud account. That’s the entire point. 

1 hour ago, GoinPostal said:

I do have a very large iCloud account. That’s the entire point. 

You’d better make sure you have about the size of an iCloud account as you have storage on your iOS device.  I have about 100g of things on my iPhone and I definitely don’t have a 100g iCloud account. 

13 hours ago, abinder3 said:

You’d better make sure you have about the size of an iCloud account as you have storage on your iOS device.  I have about 100g of things on my iPhone and I definitely don’t have a 100g iCloud account. 

I have a 200GB iCloud account. 

Archived