EUC Netherlands, Dutch

Bram

16 hours ago, Ivan Komissarov said:

I got stopped today by the police _twice_. The first one was OK - the policemen were in good mood and checked that I have an insurance. Second one (motorbike cop) just claimed that EUCs are not allowed on public roads and fined me despite I showed him the explanation from the OM website and an insurance. He said that it not up to him to decide and let the public prosecutor decide. Nuff said :(

Oh snap! It seems the police just got a direct order to fine every electric mobility device on the road a few weeks ago, because they became like this only so recently.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:26 PM, Ivan Komissarov said:

I got stopped today by the police _twice_. The first one was OK - the policemen were in good mood and checked that I have an insurance. Second one (motorbike cop) just claimed that EUCs are not allowed on public roads and fined me despite I showed him the explanation from the OM website and an insurance. He said that it not up to him to decide and let the public prosecutor decide. Nuff said :(

Sorry to hear that Ivan,

Did he write an amount with the fine?
I was once fined for my EUC (and wheel seized), and brought it to court.
In short, I was right, and did not have to pay anything, and wheel back. That is of course different for every judge, I think.
Are you going to pay or let it happen?
As far as I know, you are the first in the Netherlands to be fined with an article in your pocket and insurance, unfortunately.

On 8/6/2019 at 10:42 PM, ir_fuel said:

Wat een gezeik

Ja, zeker, zo zijn ze.

In Nederland is de politie heeel goed in verouderde  en achterhaalde wetten toch te handhaven. dan zeggen ze: ja, het mag nu 1maal niet.

En al is het grijs, dan mag het van de motor agent toch vaak niet.

Edited by gotmotion2016

Ik kom het weekend van 14 september weer naar Zandvoort. Ik zal mijn EUC weer meehebben als transport van waar ik logeer naar het circuit. Vorig jaar nul problemen gehad. Ik zal zien wat dit jaar zegt. Kan gelukkig altijd de kaart van de "domme Belg" trekken :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 9:26 PM, Ivan Komissarov said:

What abouut insurance and this OM site. I am curious to know more.

On 8/8/2019 at 2:57 AM, gotmotion2016 said:

Sorry to hear that Ivan,

Did he write an amount with the fine?
I was once fined for my EUC (and wheel seized), and brought it to court.
In short, I was right, and did not have to pay anything, and wheel back. That is of course different for every judge, I think.
Are you going to pay or let it happen?
As far as I know, you are the first in the Netherlands to be fined with an article in your pocket and insurance, unfortunately.

I think, I will go to the court and see what happens.

Meanwhile, I got fined today for the second time, so I guess I stop using EUC for now =(

• 1 month later...

Hallo allemaal,
op zondag, 13.10., Is in Kevelaer /Duitsland om 12.00 uur, Hauptstr. 51, een EUC-demo.
Misschien kun je de Duitsers een beetje steunen.
Groetjes Axel

Hello everyone,
on Sunday, 13.10., is in Kevelaer/Germany at 12.00, Hauptstr. 51, an EUC demo.
Maybe you can support the Germans a bit.
Greetings Axel

• 2 weeks later...

Ik heb mijn EUC bijna 2 jaar en ik ben vandaag voor het eerst staande gehouden door een agent in de buurt van Vlissingen. Hij was van de havenpolitie en wist niet helemaal zeker hoe de vork in de steel zat maar hij waarschuwde me wel dat agenten van de verkeerspolitie me misschien niet zouden laten doorrijden. Al vertelde hij er wel bij dat er wetgeving in de maak zou zijn voor het legaliseren van eletrische steps en dergelijke. Kan 1 van jullie locals deze gekke belg eens toelichten hoe dat nu allemaal zit?

bij voorbaat dank

In Nederland zijn EUC's niet illegaal. Alleen weten veel agenten dat helaas niet. Probleem is dat de eenwieler in geen enkele categorie van voertuigen valt. Mooi dus dat je er mee mag rijden, maar jammer dat vrijwel niemand dit weet...

• 7 months later...

Is de situatie in Nederland nog steeds hetzelfde? Ik heb familie in Amsterdam wonen en ik zou er graag gewoon op mijn wiel naartoe rijden.
Maar als ik een paar honderd kilometer lang steeds moet uitkijken dat mijn wiel niet in beslag genomen wordt, is het het niet waard. Ik heb een (Belgische) verzekering, maar geen kenteken.

De situatie in Nederland is nog niet veranderd. Helaas loop je het risico op problemen. Ik verwacht niet dat je wiel in beslag genomen zal worden, maar garanties kan niemand geven.

• Like 1

Hi,today one italian friend told me about new problems they have and they get fined. So,i was thinking about something 

Here we are not so many like in other countrys but we are happy when we see any new EUC rider..We are not so organised in clubs or other forms...but we can help to organise one big meeting...Bucharest have so many things to visit,like old famous Ceausescu "House of people",big parks with many lakes,old city centrum town with hot night life...and in weekend some parts from centrum are closed for vehicles and open for people and pev.

What do you think...one weekend in august,maybe? Anyone interested?

Sorry,my name is Lucian and i ride EUC from summer 2014.

Hoi beste mensen,

Ik ben nieuw op dit forum. Ik rijd sinds een half jaar ongeveer op een zelfbouw Onewheel (met VESC regelaars) en sinds kort is daar ook een KS16S Sports bij gekomen. Ik moet zeggen dat het leren rijden op een EUC voor mij moeilijker was dan op een Onewheel. Zeker omdat je in het begin zachtjes stapvoets probeert te rijden en je dan juist meer zijdelings moet balanceren dan wanneer je een klein beetje gang hebt. Afijn volgens mij heb ik het nu al aardig onder controle en ik moet zeggen dat EUC's zeer prettig rijden in acceleratie drempels en het bereik. Echter ben ik ook tot de ontdekking gekomen dat ik alleen in de avonduren voor de fun wat kleine stukjes rijd en dan pak ik toch vaak mijn Onewheel en niet mijn EUC. Daarom heb ik dan ook besloten dat ik hem weer ga verkopen. Veel te zonde om het ongebruikt in de hoek te laten staan. Mochten jullie interesse hebben, of iemand weten die mogelijk interesse heeft dan houd ik mij aanbevolen. Ik woon in Rosmalen en het maken van een proefrit is uiteraard mogelijk.

Groet, Menno

7 hours ago, Bionic24 said:

Hoi beste mensen,

Ik ben nieuw op dit forum. Ik rijd sinds een half jaar ongeveer op een zelfbouw Onewheel (met VESC regelaars) en sinds kort is daar ook een KS16S Sports bij gekomen. Ik moet zeggen dat het leren rijden op een EUC voor mij moeilijker was dan op een Onewheel. Zeker omdat je in het begin zachtjes stapvoets probeert te rijden en je dan juist meer zijdelings moet balanceren dan wanneer je een klein beetje gang hebt. Afijn volgens mij heb ik het nu al aardig onder controle en ik moet zeggen dat EUC's zeer prettig rijden in acceleratie drempels en het bereik. Echter ben ik ook tot de ontdekking gekomen dat ik alleen in de avonduren voor de fun wat kleine stukjes rijd en dan pak ik toch vaak mijn Onewheel en niet mijn EUC. Daarom heb ik dan ook besloten dat ik hem weer ga verkopen. Veel te zonde om het ongebruikt in de hoek te laten staan. Mochten jullie interesse hebben, of iemand weten die mogelijk interesse heeft dan houd ik mij aanbevolen. Ik woon in Rosmalen en het maken van een proefrit is uiteraard mogelijk.

Groet, Menno

You got reply:) check je inbox

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dag allemaal, 

Aangezien ik de laatste tijd vaker in nederland dan belgië ben kom hier ook even reclame maken voor mijn zoekertje in de tweedehandssectie van dit forum.

Ik wil graag upgraden vanaf een inmotion V8 naar iets met een grotere range.

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/19198-looking-to-upgrade-from-an-inmotion-v8belgium-netherlands/

alvast bedankt.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! 

A Finnish guy here who moved and shipped his KS18XL to Groningen 😎

I'm aware that in The Netherlands EUC's are in the gray area and this is very sad. In Finland the law covers ANY pev, which is paradise. 

But what is this talk about an insurance? Why would you need insurance if

A. Bicycles don't need it

B. It's in the legal gray area anyway

I'd love to hear back from the Dutch community :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

I am new to this forum but have been looking at EUC since around 2015 and now looking at the newer models as the Sherman Veteran and the Godway EX, my ineterest is sparked once more.

What always kept me from getting one is the legal status. There are numerous myths, rumors and opinions regading its legal status on the road,but the short of it is I am not going to drop € 3000+ on a wheel thats gonna get confiscated whether that is legal or not.

Know I recentley came across the, petition to legalise light electric vehicles, but I cant find a lot of infomation aside from the number of petitioners;

https://petities.nl/petitions/legaliseer-personal-light-electric-vehicles?locale=nl

Does anyone know if we will get any legislation for the light electric vehicles any time soon?

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 12:21 PM, DK88 said:

Hello All,

I am new to this forum but have been looking at EUC since around 2015 and now looking at the newer models as the Sherman Veteran and the Godway EX, my ineterest is sparked once more.

What always kept me from getting one is the legal status. There are numerous myths, rumors and opinions regading its legal status on the road,but the short of it is I am not going to drop € 3000+ on a wheel thats gonna get confiscated whether that is legal or not.

Know I recentley came across the, petition to legalise light electric vehicles, but I cant find a lot of infomation aside from the number of petitioners;

https://petities.nl/petitions/legaliseer-personal-light-electric-vehicles?locale=nl

Does anyone know if we will get any legislation for the light electric vehicles any time soon?

Hey Dk, 

In the netherlands most of us don't use the forum too much but feel free to join our whatsapp group and ask questions there about legalization and the updates about it. 

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HxjMF9efJHq6Q2NT5goh1w

Thanks, 

Lars 

• 4 months later...
On 11/17/2020 at 12:21 PM, DK88 said:

Hello All,

It seems quite safe to assume that EUCs that go faster than 25km/h will not be legal any time soon in The Netherlands. I recently saw a post of a Sherman confiscated in Belgium, where EUCs are legal up to 20km/h or 25km/h (not sure which).

Edited by Mono

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 2:40 PM, j0ch3m said:

Hallo allemaal,

Zou ik ook in de groepsapp mogen? Ik ben al een tijdje op zoek naar een groep mensen met een EUC in NL!

Groeten,

Jochem

Je hebt een PM!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 1:43 AM, Lars Heeneman said:

Is dit nog steeds de chat die iedereen gebruikt? Verwacht mijn eerste EUC maandag te ontvangen na jaren al de e-step gebruikt te hebben (Xiaomi M365) en zou het wel fijn vinden om een beetje up to date te blijven met de Nederlandse community.

Betreft verzekeren, is dit het nog waard? Zo ja waar kan dit? Heb namelijk sinds 2018 een verzekering (+ verzekeringsplaatje) op mijn step zetten, maakt 'm absoluut (helaas) nog niet road-legal in Nederland, maar heeft tot nu toe al een paar keer gewerkt tegen agenten die er verder niet veel vanaf weten :)
Hoewel naar mijn weten de EUC in Nederland niet direct volgens de wet illegaal is, wil ik het liefste zo veel mogelijk excuus hebben en conflict vermijden.

Thanks!