EUC Netherlands, Dutch

Bram

Hi allen,

Oriënterende enthousiasteling hier binnen de EUC-wereld. Ik zou graag een uitnodiging ontvangen voor de WhatsApp-groep?
Bij voorbaat thanks! :D 

~Dennis

• Like 2

5 hours ago, D2TK said:

Hi allen,

Oriënterende enthousiasteling hier binnen de EUC-wereld. Ik zou graag een uitnodiging ontvangen voor de WhatsApp-groep?
Bij voorbaat thanks! :D 

~Dennis

Je hebt een PM.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey iedereen,

Hier een nieuwe enthousiaste EUC rijder uit Zwolle. Ik zie dat de eerdere whatsapp-link niet meer werkt, maar zou graag mee in de groep komen. Benieuwd naar ieders ervaringen met EUC's en het rijden in NL!

Groeten Jasper

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 11:13 AM, Wittja said:

Hey iedereen,

Hier een nieuwe enthousiaste EUC rijder uit Zwolle. Ik zie dat de eerdere whatsapp-link niet meer werkt, maar zou graag mee in de groep komen. Benieuwd naar ieders ervaringen met EUC's en het rijden in NL!

Groeten Jasper

Je hebt een PM

• 1 month later...

Does anybody have an InMotion V12 that I can go and try out? Next year I'll be in the market for a new wheel and I wonder if such a 16-incher is right for me (currently on an MSX v2, 84V with a 2500W motor).

Bij voorbaat gracias.

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone, greetings from Groningen!

A great opportunity for everyone looking for an upgrade or perhaps to start riding! Due to me being away from The Netherlands so much, I have decided to sell my very beloved Kingsong 18XL. It’s been one of the best purchases of my life: I’ve used it mainly for city commuting on pavement: no off-roading or tricks has ever been done on the wheel.

If you’re interested, shoot me a message if you’d like more details, fotos/videos! :)

8A54835D-A0F4-43D3-BE99-E36AB5A6F982.jpeg

Hi,

I started riding last year (Inmotion V11) and am now ready to slowly start riding off road. Even though I am still a novice, it's great fun but it would be more fun to do together. I am looking for other enthusiasts to share afternoons of riding and companionship. I live in Friesland (Netherlands). If you share the feeling, let me know and maybe we can get together. bknoppers@hotmail.com.

Greetz,

Bouke

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 11:41 PM, Bouke said:

Hoi, 

Ik probeer de whatsapp link uit eerdere posts maar krijg de melding dat deze "ge-reset" is. Any suggestions?

Groeten,

Bouke

Hoi Bouke,

Is het al gelukt? Op het forum gebeurt niet zo veel, vandaar dat het even kan duren voordat iemand weer eens kijkt... Ik zal je in elk geval een PM sturen met de nieuwe link naar de WA groep.

Groeten,

Douwe

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I just moved to the Netherlands. What are the laws surrounding them and how are they inforced? I didn't bring my Gotway RS HS as my friend who lives here told me they are illegal and would be confiscated if I were to ride it anywhere. 

On 7/10/2022 at 12:58 PM, The Messenger said:

Bestaat de whatsapp groep nog?

Groetjes..

Staatz ·

Ja, die bestaat nog.  Daar zitten inmiddels 94 deelnemers op. niet perse allemaal ( EUC ) rijders.

On 7/11/2022 at 6:21 PM, The Messenger said:

Ik merk dat er op dit forum heel weinig wordt naar gekeken... 🤔

Dat klopt, wat er gebeurt speelt zich overwegend op de app groep af.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:11 AM, xiiijojjo said:

Hey guys I just moved to the Netherlands. What are the laws surrounding them and how are they inforced? I didn't bring my Gotway RS HS as my friend who lives here told me they are illegal and would be confiscated if I were to ride it anywhere. 

hey xiiijojjo, What is true is that EUCs are not clearly legal.

Which also does not directly say that they are clearly illegal.

That is where the biggest problem lies: there is an arbitrariness in how regions and police deal with EUC (and other Plevs) drivers.

Mostly motorcyclists are the worst, as a rider it is also advisable to watch out for that.

There have been several seizures of EUCs, with varying outcomes.

Various public ministries also seem to be doing something.

There is no unity in statements and consequences of driving on an EUC.

So as a driver it is wise to pay close attention when you drive on the public road.

And if you can, adjust your route if you see the police. But if you have the police after you once, don't run away.

There is certainly a chance that your wheel will be stolen by the police if the police see you driving.

But mostly you get a warning the first time you are stopped.

Does that make EUC driving impossible in the Netherlands? For some riders yes, and for some not.

They continue to take the risk of being confronted with the police.

Often this goes well, and sometimes it goes wrong.

That is a personal and individual choice.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2022 at 8:32 PM, gotmotion2016 said:

hey xiiijojjo, What is true is that EUCs are not clearly legal.

Which also does not directly say that they are clearly illegal.

That is where the biggest problem lies: there is an arbitrariness in how regions and police deal with EUC (and other Plevs) drivers.

Mostly motorcyclists are the worst, as a rider it is also advisable to watch out for that.

There have been several seizures of EUCs, with varying outcomes.

Various public ministries also seem to be doing something.

There is no unity in statements and consequences of driving on an EUC.

So as a driver it is wise to pay close attention when you drive on the public road.

And if you can, adjust your route if you see the police. But if you have the police after you once, don't run away.

There is certainly a chance that your wheel will be stolen by the police if the police see you driving.

But mostly you get a warning the first time you are stopped.

Does that make EUC driving impossible in the Netherlands? For some riders yes, and for some not.

They continue to take the risk of being confronted with the police.

Often this goes well, and sometimes it goes wrong.

That is a personal and individual choice.

Thank you for the info @gotmotion2016! Since posting I have done some research and watched a few Youtube videos on the subject, specifically this one.

Now I more or less understand the reality of riding an EUC in the Netherlands.

Getting insurance won't matter as it's technically not a vehicle.

I should avoid bigger cities such as Amsterdam, and stick to trails or rural bike paths to mitigate my exposure to police. 

Ediy: Upon further research I have found you have amazing laws for escaping police, you guys should look them up to confirm for yourselves, so I won't go into details here, but as I see it there's no reason to stop and risk seizure of your EUC, as long as you don't endanger others or damage property in your escape :ph34r:

Edited by xiiijojjo

On 8/20/2019 at 11:33 AM, Ivan Komissarov said:

I think, I will go to the court and see what happens.

Meanwhile, I got fined today for the second time, so I guess I stop using EUC for now =(

Hello, what happened after all? Did you win in court?

And could you explain about the OM and how you got insurance for your EUC in Netherlands?

Thank you and safe rides!

On 7/24/2022 at 8:17 PM, gotmotion2016 said:

Ja, die bestaat nog.  Daar zitten inmiddels 94 deelnemers op. niet perse allemaal ( EUC ) rijders.

Dat klopt, wat er gebeurt speelt zich overwegend op de app groep af.

Hello, I've recently moved to Netherlands, Breda, Can I join the what's app group too? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi folks!

I am looking for people to ride with in and around Nijmegen (or potentially Arnhem too). I recently got into the EUC hobby and I'm now regularly doing trips around the forests, along the rivers, lakes and other nice places around here. Everything from off-roading on MTB tracks, to scenic round trips.

If anyone in the area would like to join me, let me know! Or if you're interested in getting started, I'll glady lend my wheel for folks to try out and give you an introduction!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bestaat de whatsapp groep nog?

Het lijkt me namelijk leuk om andere EUC rijders te ontmoeten... Voor zo ver ik het weet ben ik de enige hier in nunspeet met zo'n ding. Trekt wel veel aandacht van mensen als ik door de stad/dorp rij :efee612b4b:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi,

I've read the most of this thread but I didn't see any info about that insurance. What kind and how does it help? Can someone explain the legality to me?

Would be nice to know some riders in Eindhoven area for a joint ride somewhere countryside perhaps.

The whatsapp link few pages didn't work. I got another whatsapp group via a guy on Marktplaats (he's just using it to contact likeminded riders) but it wasn't approved.

I'm new to EUC, about to buy my first (most likely KS-S18).

Pavel

• Like 1