EUC Netherlands, Dutch

Bram

Hi Alex, most of us do ride on the bike paths.

That will be no problem most of the time, espesialy when you ride safe and slow when you pas people.

There a no special rules till now in holland about euc's.

Don't no who told you you can not ride on bike paths, but we ride where the bikes ride too.

Edited by gotmotion2016

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Dutch people think mostly that it's not neccesary.

And till now there are no laws that say we have too.

Pedelec/speedbikes are obligated to ride with helmet.

Is it sensible to ride without, that still a disscusion under the riders.

See the east and the west coast of the US of A.

Most riders in NY ore the east coast ride without helmet.

Riders of the west coast swear to ride with helmet.

The good roads and cyclepaths  everywhere make us feel pretty safe most of the time.

But till now its the choice off the rider  :huh::ph34r:

Edited by gotmotion2016

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 6:42 AM, RJ7 said:

Nice!! I'd like to reiterate Clouddust's question above though: If anyone can advise on those insurance plates, that'd be much appreciated!

gr, RJ

You can send me a message for more information, you live in the Netherlands?

Just got back from a week in the Netherlands. Damn is your country the EUC nirvana or what! So jealous. You guys really have it nailed with cycle lanes. So many, is there some law or something that says if a road needs to be built, it MUST have a cycle lane built next to it too?!

Bit of an eye opener when I saw mopeds being ridden on the cycle lanes, I thought it was just some naughty kids at first, even my kids were surprised "Daddy, why are there motorbikes on the pavement?". Then I saw the signs that allowed mopeds to use them. I am amazed that the government allows pedestrians, cycles, electric cycles and mopeds to all use the same lanes, but it seems to work. Didn't see any issues at all. And everyone uses bells. Another thing I noticed - no one uses cycle helmets! It was so nice to see so many people ditching their cars.

All in all I was fascinated, but it certainly drive home how bad the UK is in catering for cycles :( I didn't see any EUC's, but given that mopeds are riding at 30mph on the lanes I can't see why EUC's would be frowned on?!

Thank you for allowing me and my family in to visit your beautiful country. We stayed in a holiday park at Landlal Landgoed 't loo, visited Amsterdam (my 13 y/o son was most impressed with the phallic bongs haha!) and Giethoorn where we hired a boat to navigate the beautiful canals. Truth be told, I could quite happily live in NL!

• Like 1

Wow! Zo blij om nederlandse EUC communities te zien ! :D :D 

Ik had het niet gedacht met de nederlandse regeltjes en relatieve onbekendheid ! Waar onderhouden jullie contact?

Mn vriend en ik proberen ongeveer over een maandje onze eerste aan te schaffen om samen te leren :D Kijken er enorm naar uit vooral met het weer van afgelopen weekend :whistling:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rii said:

Ik had het niet gedacht met de nederlandse regeltjes en relatieve onbekendheid ! Waar onderhouden jullie contact?

Mn vriend en ik proberen ongeveer over een maandje onze eerste aan te schaffen om samen te leren :D Kijken er enorm naar uit vooral met het weer van afgelopen weekend :whistling:

Beste, 

Wij zijn Dutch EUC -community, momenteel veelal actief op Whatsapp. Geregeld worden er tourtjes her en der door NL georganiseerd. Welcome to join us!

Grt, R

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 7:55 AM, Planemo said:

Just got back from a week in the Netherlands. Damn is your country the EUC nirvana or what! So jealous. You guys really have it nailed with cycle lanes. So many, is there some law or something that says if a road needs to be built, it MUST have a cycle lane built next to it too?!

Bit of an eye opener when I saw mopeds being ridden on the cycle lanes, I thought it was just some naughty kids at first, even my kids were surprised "Daddy, why are there motorbikes on the pavement?". Then I saw the signs that allowed mopeds to use them. I am amazed that the government allows pedestrians, cycles, electric cycles and mopeds to all use the same lanes, but it seems to work. Didn't see any issues at all. And everyone uses bells. Another thing I noticed - no one uses cycle helmets! It was so nice to see so many people ditching their cars.

All in all I was fascinated, but it certainly drive home how bad the UK is in catering for cycles :( I didn't see any EUC's, but given that mopeds are riding at 30mph on the lanes I can't see why EUC's would be frowned on?!

Thank you for allowing me and my family in to visit your beautiful country. We stayed in a holiday park at Landlal Landgoed 't loo, visited Amsterdam (my 13 y/o son was most impressed with the phallic bongs haha!) and Giethoorn where we hired a boat to navigate the beautiful canals. Truth be told, I could quite happily live in 

Glad you enjoyed! Maybe someday join us 4 a ride!😎

5 hours ago, Rii said:

U got pm!