6 eucs - which 3 would you get rid of?

John Eucist

Unfortunately I haven't ridden a euc for over two months and I have 6 eucs sitting in my Shenzhen apartment collecting dust and blocking walking space.  I want to get rid of half of them (half the battery explosion if something bad were to happen :P ).  Since the eucs are for 2 people I was thinking of keeping 2 eucs and 1 for spare.  Since I haven't been keeping up to date with the scene recently, nor do I actually ride that much to begin with (especially the relatively newer 16 inch ones) and don't know what new problems have been discovered with various models since the time I went sort of inactive, I want to hear your opinions as to which 3 you would get rid of if it were your collection, and why.

2 x Gotway ACM 820Wh (first week release version of the public 12 mosfet version)
1 x King Song 16 680Wh
3 x King Song 14 - 800W 680Wh (two of them with usb plug version, one of them without)

CtZm4Ni.jpg

Your EUCs look depressed stuck in your closet. :( Guess it all depends on who will be riding the wheels and their experience..I like having both a 14 and 16" wheel. I  would keep the 2 newer Gotway 12 mosfet ACMs and one KS14.  

43 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

Unfortunately I haven't ridden a euc for over two months and I have 6 eucs sitting in my Shenzhen apartment collecting dust and blocking walking space.  I want to get rid of half of them (half the battery explosion if something bad were to happen :P ).  Since the eucs are for 2 people I was thinking of keeping 2 eucs and 1 for spare.  Since I haven't been keeping up to date with the scene recently, nor do I actually ride that much to begin with (especially the relatively newer 16 inch ones) and don't know what new problems have been discovered with various models since the time I went sort of inactive, I want to hear your opinions as to which 3 you would get rid of if it were your collection, and why.

2 x Gotway ACM 820Wh (first week release version of the public 12 mosfet version)
1 x King Song 16 680Wh
3 x King Song 14 - 800W 680Wh (two of them with usb plug version, one of them without)

CtZm4Ni.jpg

AS you asked for experiences also:

The only one i have not on my one is the ACM...but i have the MSuperV3, which has the same Motor!

This are all great wheels, each one has it's own Advantages...

And to have one of each is for me the best choice! On paper the KS14 can be the "weakest"...but as this 14 Inch KS has the best agility and torque, i would defintly Keep one of them also!

i would really like to have your Problem :-)

My choice would be to get rid of two KS14 and 1 gotway. Doing so you keep the choice of riding 3 types of wheels.

Ofcourse if i was the guy buying your wheels, i would like to have one Gotway ACM, a KS14 with USB and the KS16. That means that i have to sugest that you should get rid of these i like to have.

1 hour ago, John Eucist said:

I have 6 eucs

I feel like you've sneaked into my apartment to take that picture :D To answer your question it also depends how is the other rider experienced and what (if any) would be the weight difference between you? I personally would aim to keep one pair of the same wheels or at least with same or similar range so one of you'll not get suddenly stranded with empty battery. I personally would keep all 3 "larger" wheels and get rid of small ones but you can also keep two KS-14 with USB plug and one of the ACMs (or KS-16 if you prefer though with smaller battery).

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I find the KS14's pretty reliable and I don't worry too much about sudden motor shut offs when riding around 25-30 km/h on them.  In comparison, I have ridden the KS14's like ten times more than the 16 inch ones combined, which I actually have very little actual riding experience with.  I am a bit worried by the following post:

I'm not sure if this issue exists with my version or if it has been corrected with my version.  Hasn't happened to me the few times I rode my ACMs.  Does anyone know?  Also, at the time of purchase, very few people in the world have tried this "12 mosfet version".  I'm sure that is no longer the case so I'm looking for some feedback by those who have ridden it a lot.

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

On paper the KS14 can be the "weakest"...but as this 14 Inch KS has the best agility and torque, i would defintly Keep one of them also!

KS14 has the best torque among them?  One thing I thought the KS14-800W lacked was torque when climbing steep inclines (20 degrees or more).  Never really done too much steep incline tests with the 16 inch ones.  If I have, I already forgot the results lol.

1 hour ago, Ponne said:

i would like to have one Gotway ACM, a KS14 with USB and the KS16.

The USB version is the oldest version.  Is there any reason you would keep the USB version aside from "having a usb socket"?

8 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

The USB version is the oldest version.  Is there any reason you would keep the USB version aside from "having a usb socket"?

I only would keep it for the port to power extra atachments like lights or camera. Assuming that the performance of the 14¨ wheels are the same

@John Eucist for the Ks14 torque:

perhaps i am mischanging torque and agility here...but i found my KS14 the most agile whell of Ks16,18 and Msuper v3 with 12 mosfets!

their have been no reports of burned 12 mosfets boards, at least i dont know any...

Also, as the msuperv3 is the same motor as ACM ...i do not have this incline problem!

when i am in your role, i could not see me get away completly any of this wheels, just for having 2 of another kind!

so i am still for, give away one acm and the 2 oldest Ks14!

@John Eucist

1. To properly answer your question, we would need to know what the other person's preferences / stats are. You mentioned the wheels are for 2 people.

2. Since you have most experience with ks14" and for a reason, you gotta keep one or 2 of them around for their agility, smaller size etc. it has helped me a lot having 2 ks14c as i was able to swap many parts from the other wheel when there were issues with one of them. Probably not critical for you, since you will have 3 wheels, so you wont get stranded. In any case : Keep at least 1 ks14 around

3. You can enjoy the latest ks14 and still have the usb port. Simply reconnect the usb/ battery indicator sub board from one to the other. You may have to cut a hole in the casing of the new ks14 for access. Ive switched them around several times. The only drawback - your blootooth light might be off center a bit after switching. Usb port is very useful - charge your phone, connect usb powered light, etc. anyway you shoukd assembke 1 ks14 with all the best parts, best board, batteries.

4. I havent ridden the ACM, but it looks to be a good performing wheel. And you shoukd keep a 16" around. So its either keep 2 ACMs or one ACM and a KS16. Depends on which one you prefer. Depends on if the cool looks of the Ks16, the music and light matter to you or not.

conclusion: non knowing the other person's preferences, or your preferences, what i would do is I woukd keep 1 kingsong ( and reconnect the usb port board to the new KS, and put the newest and biggest capacity batteries there and all the best parts from the 3 ), 1 Gotway for speed and performance, and the third wheel is a wild card ( i can equally justify either one of the remaining 3 to stay)

7 hours ago, John Eucist said:

which 3 you would get rid of if it were your collection, and why.

That's easy, get rid of one Gotway and two Kingsong 14 inch.  Then you still have one each of all different types of wheels that you have.

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Thats easy :-)

Get rid of 2 KS14 and one ACM....so that you have one of each type :-)

Oops, answered without reading all the posts, you had the idea first.:o

12 hours ago, HEC said:

To answer your question it also depends how is the other rider experienced and what (if any) would be the weight difference between you?

8 hours ago, Cloud said:

1. To properly answer your question, we would need to know what the other person's preferences / stats are. You mentioned the wheels are for 2 people.

She's 53 kg (I'm 70 kg).  We're definitely keeping at least one KS14 since it's been so reliable.  Just wondering if there were any new "known issues" with the ACM and KS16.  I actually haven't dared going over even 25 km/h on the ACM and KS16 yet for fear of cutoffs.  I have gone over 31 km/h on the KS14.

8 hours ago, Cloud said:

conclusion: non knowing the other person's preferences, or your preferences, what i would do is I woukd keep 1 kingsong ( and reconnect the usb port board to the new KS, and put the newest and biggest capacity batteries there and all the best parts from the 3 ), 1 Gotway for speed and performance, and the third wheel is a wild card ( i can equally justify either one of the remaining 3 to stay)

Actually I don't know what other difference there are between the three KS14-800W besides the usb port (if any).  Does anyone know?  Is there a reason to prefer the "newer one"?  I actually have the usb port taped up due to fear of water going into it.

Get rid of both ACMs as you don't seem very interested in those anyway and they are still in good condition and easy to get rid of. That leaves you with three KS14 and one KS16. I would keep the KS16 because of the trolley handle if nothing else. But if you always use two KS14 then keep all three of those for spare parts and get rid of the KS16 too.

From the opposite perspective, you have two good running KS14 as a minimum. This might be enough, only two wheels, would you think about that! Then optionally add another KS14 for spare parts or the KS16.

4 minutes ago, nomad said:

Get rid of both ACMs as you don't seem very interested in those anyway and they are still in good condition and easy to get rid of. That leaves you with three KS14 and one KS16. I would keep the KS16 because of the trolley handle if nothing else. But if you always use two KS14 then keep all three of those for spare parts and get rid of the KS16 too.

From the opposite perspective, you have two good running KS14 as a minimum. This might be enough, only two wheels, would you think about that! Then optionally add another KS14 for spare parts or the KS16.

I got the ACMs because they were supposed to be the "fastest and most powerful".  I have never confirmed if this is true though (due to my fear of a motor cut out).  Can anyone else confirm this?

I say keep all six and have one child then in a year, triplets!  Problem solved!  Either that or combine them into something like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought you had a daughter already?  I vaguely remember seeing a little squirt riding a Gotway Mten... maybe you just need triplets then!

21 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

I got the ACMs because they were supposed to be the "fastest and most powerful".  I have never confirmed if this is true though (due to my fear of a motor cut out).  Can anyone else confirm this?

I currently have one 14" V5F+ with close to 2000km on it so far and since a week back also an 18" Msuper v3. I think the v3 uses the same 12 mosfet pcb as the ACM. It does have a bug when you start there's a risk it will drop on you (slowly rotate forward) so be prepared for that, I already experienced that on the second day on my Msuper v3. Well up and running I don't know of any reported cutouts.

1 hour ago, nomad said:

ACM. It does have a bug when you start there's a risk it will drop on you (slowly rotate forward) so be prepared for that, I already experienced that on the second day on my Msuper v3. Well up and running I don't know of any reported cutouts.

Yes - this problem is shared between GW and KS wheels ... As long as you're already moving there is no risk of cut-out due to this bug so if you'll be cautious during take offs you'll be safe. 

2 hours ago, John Eucist said:

She's 53 kg (I'm 70 kg).  We're definitely keeping at least one KS14 since it's been so reliable.  Just wondering if there were any new "known issues" with the ACM and KS16.  I actually haven't dared going over even 25 km/h on the ACM and KS16 yet for fear of cutoffs.  I have gone over 31 km/h on the KS14.

Actually I don't know what other difference there are between the three KS14-800W besides the usb port (if any).  Does anyone know?  Is there a reason to prefer the "newer one"?  I actually have the usb port taped up due to fear of water going into it.

John, i dont think we have seen consistent reports of cut outs for either acm or ks16 to consider them more unsafe than any others. So i wouldnt worry too much about that.

i could tell you the differences between the ks14s if i knew when these were manufactured. The older one with the usb port must have been made before october/ november 2015. The main difference may be the speed. Does your older ks go to 30kmh or to 28? Or maybe 25? Also that CB didnt allow customization of tiltback and beep speeds.  That control board had some issues so if you have a unit with speed less that 30, i wouldnt keep that one. Other major difference may be the fuses on the battery. The older batteries had fuses on the bms ( also before november 2015) , so in case they blow youd have to open the shrink wrap and solder them yourself. You will need to open and check. Other than that the differences are minor. If i were you , and i decided to keep 1 or 2 ks14, id assemble these units with the best parts and the batteries that are newer and / or have had less charge/ discharge cycles. And definetely the batteries with the fuses on the exterior.

keep 2 ks14 and pick a 16" to keep, which you like more between ks and gotway. You are both light enough and dont go that fast so 800w is enough. 

By the way, i might buy one of your gotways if the price is right :)

I would keep the 16" wheels.  The 12 Mosfet version of the ACM is the Version 3.  I think the earlier models are the ones which cut out on the thread you linked.  Having two ACM means if you have a friend round and they too can ride EUs then both of you can ride the same machine instead of making your friend feel like you are dumping them with a lesser machine.

I would keep the KS16" for the simple reason (and a lot of women will feel the same) once you have had a bigger one its hard to go back! 

4 hours ago, Chuts said:

I would keep the KS16" for the simple reason (and a lot of women will feel the same) once you have had a bigger one its hard to go back! 

I always thought that its not the size of the army, but the fury of the onslaught :) 

Perhaps I could arrange to rent one of your wheels before you liquidate your current supply.Will be visiting Shenzhen from Oct.14 thru the end of the month and will need a wheel during my visit.Last year when I was there I was able to carry-on my wheel on the plane all the way from LAX and back but now that is not an option thanks to hoverboards.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2016 at 8:51 PM, jrkline said:

Perhaps I could arrange to rent one of your wheels before you liquidate your current supply.Will be visiting Shenzhen from Oct.14 thru the end of the month and will need a wheel during my visit.Last year when I was there I was able to carry-on my wheel on the plane all the way from LAX and back but now that is not an option thanks to hoverboards.

Check PM

KS 14C was definitely a reliable wheel for me and I trusted it when I had it. I guess I would say keep the KS 16, KS 14, and you can choose which other one to pick. KS 14 for more security, or the ACM for my diversity. I haven't used any gotways but I've heard of people being thrown off, or no tilt-back, or shut off. So I don't know, but I also have heard good things about it. I've never heard of a KS just shutting off, at least not the 14 model.

Archived