6 eucs - which 3 would you get rid of?

John Eucist

• 2 weeks later...

Okay this is now my updated inventory for both cities:

Shenzhen Home Inventory:
2 x Gotway ACM 820 Wh (first week release version of the public 12 mosfet version) (16 inch)
3 x King Song 14C (800W) 680 Wh (two of them with usb plug version, one of them without)
1 x Inmotion V5D (exactly same as V5F) 288 Wh (14 inch)
1 x Inmotion V8 480 Wh (16 inch)
1 x Gotway Mten1 (10 inch geared)

Hong Kong Home Inventory:
1 x King Song 16 680 Wh (yet to be updated to the latest firmware which is supposed to be really good)
1 x King Song 14C (800W) 680 Wh (no usb slot)
1 x Gotway Mten2 (10 inch)

I am now leaning towards selling 2 x ACM and 2 x KS14C from Shenzhen inventory.  My question to everyone is "is the ACM all it's cracked up to be?"  For those who have really tested it to the extreme, is it "really powerful on hills?"  because from the brief tests I have done on hills in the past I didn't think there was anything special compared to other eucs.  Also, after riding the Inmotions I feel the ACM is "too soft" and I think I already set it to the "hardest" when I first got it.  Did they have new firmware to make it harder since?

15 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

Okay this is now my updated inventory for both cities:

Shenzhen Home Inventory:
2 x Gotway ACM 820 Wh (first week release version of the public 12 mosfet version) (16 inch)
3 x King Song 14C (800W) 680 Wh (two of them with usb plug version, one of them without)
1 x Inmotion V5D (exactly same as V5F) 288 Wh (14 inch)
1 x Inmotion V8 480 Wh (16 inch)
1 x Gotway Mten1 (10 inch geared)

Hong Kong Home Inventory:
1 x King Song 16 680 Wh
1 x King Song 14C (800W) 680 Wh (no usb slot)
1 x Gotway Mten2 (10 inch)

11 wheels...John, you are my God ! 

3 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

You have to divide that by two.  Cloud's inventory > 5.5 eucs

Why divide? 11 is 11!

Cloud only has 2 small wheels..but has now ordered the third....i can see myself getting a fourth....but i dont think i will ever come close to your greatness and caliber!

6 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Why divide? 11 is 11!

Cloud only has 2 poor wheels..but has now ordered the third....i can see myself getting a fourth....but i dont think i will ever come close to your greatness!!

Because I can't be at both cities at the same time.  But then again I guess I can't ride more than 1 (okay maybe 2) at a time.  Hmm, I thought you had a lot more wheels.  Perhaps I got your inventory confused with @jrkline's.  He has like 8 after I sold him my KS16 last week in Shenzhen.  He's still figuring out how to ship it back to Southern California with all the lithium regulations.

EDIT: What third wheel did you order?

Yes sell 2 KS14 (or 3 and buy ks14d :) ) and 2 ACM ( if you dont need a long ranger 16" in Shenzhen) . You will still have 1 ks14c for the long range, so if it has new pedals on it ( which are a MUCH softer ride), then you will be ok keeping it and selling the 2nd ACM. 

Anyway you get the idea - keep 1 comfortable long ranger, whether its the ACM or KS14c with new pedals

Ive ordered Msuper 3 1600wh 84v

14 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Yes sell 2 KS14 (or 3 and buy ks14d :) ) and 2 ACM ( if you dint need a long ranger 16" in Shenzhen) . You will still have 1 ks14c for the long range, so if it has new pedals on it ( which are a MUCH softer ride), then you will be ok keeping it and selling the 2nd ACM. 

Anyway you get the idea - keep 1 comfortable long ranger, whether its the ACM or KS14c with new pedals

KS14C has new pedals?  Longer?  I guess longer will make it softer due to physics.  Softer is not what I want.  But what I really wanted feedback on was either someone confirming "yeah you're right ACM is not that special" or "OMFG ACM is SOOOO much more powerful are you crazy?" so that I can finalize my decision.

Anyways I edited in a question in my previous post which I guess you didn't see.  It was "What third wheel did you order?"

8 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I only hope during the presidential elections here in the US they wont count the votes the way you count wheels...

As long as the same formula is applied to both of them. (or to the candidate you don't like) :P 

8 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

KS14C has new pedals?  Longer?  I guess longer will make it softer due to physics.  Softer is not what I want.  But what I really wanted was feedback on is either someone saying "yeah you're right ACM is not that special" or "OMFG ACM is SOOOO much more powerful are you crazy?" so that I can finalize my decision.

Anyways I edited in a question in my previous post which I guess you didn't see.  It was "What third wheel did you order?"

As long as the same formula is applied to both of them. (or to the candidate you don't like) :P 

Well yeah if you have older pedals you should get new ones, the same as on ks16. Yes a little longer and they have rubber surface. I didnt mean softer response - response will be the same but they wont hurt your feet going over bumps, etc.  its like day and night. Besides , ( maybe doesnt matter that much to you if you have smaller feet) but for me it made a huge different in foot support and i can ride for up to twice as long now without having to step off and rest my feet.

i dont have an ACM but heard that its pretty good and reliable.

yes i saw your question, and i edited my previous answer, which u guess you didnt see :) 

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

yes i saw your question, and i edited my previous answer, which u guess you didnt see :) 

Haha you win.  Post merging is essentially the same as an edit by adding more content to an existing and will cause the same problem as we just had.  Hence why I was kind of frustrated with it and changed it down to 1 minute.

• 4 weeks later...

For completeness sake (to this story) here is how it ended.  I bought an Inmotion V8 and an Inmotion V5D.  I sold both ACM, sold two KS-14C, sold the KS16.  So now all I have in the Shenzhen apartment is the two Inmotions and one KS-14C.  So nice to have reduced the euc clutter. :) 

2 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

For completeness sake (to this story) here is how it ended.  I bought an Inmotion V8 and an Inmotion V5D.  I sold both ACM, sold two KS-14C, sold the KS16.  So now all I have in the Shenzhen apartment is the two Inmotions and one KS-14C.  So nice to have reduced the euc clutter. :) 

Whats your impressikn of the new wheels and how do you like their performance in comparison with the wheels they replaced?

25 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Whats your impressikn of the new wheels and how do you like their performance in comparison with the wheels they replaced?

I don't ride on extreme inclines nor do I like to ride very fast now.  Due to this, I haven't done anything that would test the limits for an accurate comparison performance-wise.  I really like the "button" under the handle so when I lift the wheel it doesn't spin.

One main thing about the Inmotions I noticed is this:

On 10/23/2016 at 11:53 PM, John Eucist said:

I am now leaning towards selling 2 x ACM and 2 x KS14C from Shenzhen inventory.  My question to everyone is "is the ACM all it's cracked up to be?"  For those who have really tested it to the extreme, is it "really powerful on hills?"

It is the most powerful wheel I've ever ridden.Especially on hills. @Marty Backeand I have done several rides at Griffith Park where there are lots of hilly trails. Both my KS-18A and 14C did ok but had overheating shutdowns and hills that they could not overcome (greater than 30 degree slopes), @Marty Backealso had limits on his 14C.The first time he rode his ACM,It had no trouble on any of the hills. I was so impressed with it that I convinced him to sell it to me. It is now the most powerful ACM on the planet (as far as I know) thanks in part to you.The batteries from your former KS-16 live on in my newly enhanced 1360Wh ACM and give it a range of greater than 50 miles on a single charge. Last week when I rode it for the first time since the watthour enhancement with @Marty Backeon his new Msuperv3 at Griffith park, we did 30+miles including many steep hills with no problems whatsoever.

12 hours ago, jrkline said:

It is the most powerful wheel I've ever ridden.Especially on hills. @Marty Backeand I have done several rides at Griffith Park where there are lots of hilly trails. Both my KS-18A and 14C did ok but had overheating shutdowns and hills that they could not overcome (greater than 30 degree slopes), @Marty Backealso had limits on his 14C.The first time he rode his ACM,It had no trouble on any of the hills. I was so impressed with it that I convinced him to sell it to me. It is now the most powerful ACM on the planet (as far as I know) thanks in part to you.The batteries from your former KS-16 live on in my newly enhanced 1360Wh ACM and give it a range of greater than 50 miles on a single charge. Last week when I rode it for the first time since the watthour enhancement with @Marty Backeon his new Msuperv3 at Griffith park, we did 30+miles including many steep hills with no problems whatsoever.

I concur with everything that Jeff has said, not withstanding that he turned his into a kind of Frankenstein wheel :blink1:  I literally have hundreds of miles under my belt riding it in the mountains. It's never disappointed me. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a replacement ACM.

Archived