GotWay Msuper V3

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/26/2016 at 3:27 PM, Cloud said:

Thats awesome that the pedals are interchangeable. I hooe you are not gonna replace the msuper pedals with acm pedals. Hooe this was for mcm4 only. Pedal size affects feet tiredness tremendously. On smaller KS pedals, i get foot crapms after 2 km. On gotway pedals i can do 5 km or even more without having to dismount. Other people go for much longer distances without dismounting,

Complete agree feet tireness is directly proportional to the lenght of pedal and the pedals that have a groove in the middle like airwheel and ips make this problem worse.

To be more accure it is proportional to the surface area that is in contact with the shoe, the more area the better.

We should all insist on flat pedals like ks, gotway or ninebot with a ninimun width to cover the width of a shoe, and minimun legth of 26 cm, as of right now all pedals would fail such specs.

If i had to rate the pedal from worst to better it would be something like this.

Airwheel < ips<ks<ninebot< gotway msuper

Being the worst airwhee pedals.l

Indeed bigger pedals are very nice to have, but that will only work on bigger wheels, small wheels need small pedals or they will hit the ground when turning (unless they are much higher up but that is too unstable). If the sole on the shoe is hard enough the the sole will basically become your platform and you won't feel the pedal through the shoe. Different shoes make night and day difference, softer shoes give more control but are much less comfortable!

Shoe size 45:

IMG_20160810_213954811-min.jpg

@Linnea Lin Gotway, I don't know if just Kingsong have this issue but maybe you need this as input to make the msuper as well 'stronger'. 

I did not really fall heavy with the KS 16 and this happens. When I had the KS16 open, I saw some weak plastic connections, which can easily break... 

Before the msuper as well breaks, there could maybe the same things attached, like I did for my ks now. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Donafello said:

Great review.  

For me, the most important insight of the video starts at 1:09:55 where Ian discusses his experience with the MSuper's limited range riding at 16-17mph (~25-30kph), whilst his friend, Jon, is riding at 12-13mph (~20kph) ("Ninebot speeds"). He summarises by stating what should be obvious:

"so if you want the speed, you're gonna sacrifice the distance basically, which is kind of logical, but don't think you can have both. So you get this and can't think [to] yourself, 'sweet, I can get an average 16mph everywhere I go and I'll be able to do 30 miles,' because you won't. You can have one or the other."

So, you can go Ninebot distances or a little better at Gotway cruising speeds of 25-30kph, or you can do 35-40km (maybe) range at Ninebot speeds of 12-13mph/ 20kph). (with no reliable indicator or warning from the app as to the power remaining).

When factoring in the aesthetics, and the significant cost differential, the value proposition is not so clearly defined (yet). 

31 minutes ago, litewave said:

For me, the most important insight of the video starts at 1:09:55 where Ian discusses his experience with the MSuper's limited range riding at 16-17mph (~25-30kph), whilst his friend, Jon, is riding at 12-13mph (~20kph) ("Ninebot speeds"). He summarises by stating what should be obvious:

"so if you want the speed, you're gonna sacrifice the distance basically, which is kind of logical, but don't think you can have both. So you get this and can't think [to] yourself, 'sweet, I can get an average 16mph everywhere I go and I'll be able to do 30 miles,' because you won't. You can have one or the other."

So, you can go Ninebot distances or a little better at Gotway cruising speeds of 25-30kph, or you can do 35-40km (maybe) range at Ninebot speeds of 12-13mph/ 20kph). (with no reliable indicator or warning from the app as to the power remaining).

When factoring in the aesthetics, and the significant cost differential, the value proposition is not so clearly defined (yet). 

The MSuper behaves the same way the ACM does (and probably any other EUC). If you travel at speed the distance you can travel drops BUT for me it is still better than my old Ninebot One E+.

The max I could travel on my NB1 was 11-12 miles because I generally traveled close to top speed with varying hills and terrains. I did do a more sedate ride once where the app said my range would have been 15-16 miles but I never tried to see if I could do that.

With my ACM the maximum I am getting is around 25 miles. Generally I ride to work via pavements/roads and home via the canal or around a nearby lake so have various terrains and hills. While riding around part of the lake and on the canal I can generally hit 20mph (32kmh). I don't use the app to tell me how much charge I have because depending on your speed and if you are travelling up or down hill the battery level jumps all over the place so isn't reliable until you stop but I know that at around 30% it starts to beep if I travel too fast for the amount of remaining charge. At this point I tend to slow down (I can't stand the beeps! lol) and keep on slowing as the beeps come in a lower battery levels. I don't think I have ever ridden below 10% and I definitely haven't had it tilt back or cutout due to the low battery level,

Considering the 1500w motor, me being around 89kg and the fact I generally travel quite fast I am happy with the 25 mile distance. I keep saying that one day I will travel out at a more sedate speed to see if I can travel further but I always give in to temptation and end up speeding up hehe

I am tempted by the MSuper V3 because some of the terrain I travel over needs the bigger wheel and I currently get off my ACM when I get to it. If I go for teh MSuper V3 I am also tempted by the 1640wh version so I can push on to 50 miles!

57 minutes ago, EUC-Lover said:

Don't forget that this was the first charge of the battery and as usual, batteries take some charging periods before they deliver full capacity / full range... 

That's more or less just a "myth"....As German,  for example, just look here, this guy is also the owner of "dampfakkus.de" and the most reputated Batterie tester/expert in Germany:

http://www.mountainprophet.de/2016/07/22/eine-stichprobe-cyclelife-test-sony-vtc6-vs-lg-hg2/#more-11897

Quote:

"Wieder einmal bestätigt sich: der Mythos “LiIon (hier INR) Akkus muss man erst ein paar Zyklen einlaufen lassen bis sie die volle Leistung erbringen” ist totaler Blödsinn.!

For the english Forum user:

Quote:

"Once again confirmed: the Myth" Li Ion (here IMR) batteries have to be run in only a few cycles until the full power yield is utter nonsense.!"

BTW: Just checked UPS....my parcel is on the way to my home...and i am at work now, grrrrr!

This time from sending to receiving at to my door only 8 days.....new record for any Kind of chinese order i have done :-)

Unfortunatly, if the UPS man did not gave it to my neighbours...i have to wait till thursday till picking it up :-)

Otherwise this evening i am an happy owner of a MSuperV3 :-)

34 minutes ago, Donafello said:

On my V2 850wh I can easily get 35miles while riding pretty aggressively. and i'm 90kg I guess that bigger motor takes more power

Also:

In the V2 the 850wh are from 340 + 340 + 170wh thats 16s5p

...in the V3 820 it is 414 + 414wh thats 16s4p

So in the V2 the needed amperage is split on a 5th pack, so the batteries do not drain so fast as on the V3

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

Also:

In the V2 the 850wh are from 340 + 340 + 170wh thats 16s5p

...in the V3 820 it is 414 + 414wh thats 16s4p

So in the V2 the needed amperage is split on a 5th pack, so the batteries do not drain so fast as on the V3

Got it. More of a reason I need that 1600wh

6 minutes ago, Donafello said:

Got it. More of a reason I need that 1600wh

I really like to see the specs of that.....

But IMHO: As this is Gotways "first try ever" with 84Volts....i for my part will not be one of the first users/buyers/betatesters...if you are only looking for range, i would definitly go with the 1640wh/67 Volt Version!

That's an Voltage where Gotway/their boards/Motors are experienced with....

Even then if you think about going with an chinese seller! As good as the "rockwheel" shop is...i would not like dealing in probs with a "beta-wheel" with him....

my 2 Cents!

25 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I really like to see the specs of that.....

But IMHO: As this is Gotways "first try ever" with 84Volts....i for my part will not be one of the first users/buyers/betatesters...if you are only looking for range, i would definitly go with the 1640wh/67 Volt Version!

That's an Voltage where Gotway/their boards/Motors are experienced with....

Even then if you think about going with an chinese seller! As good as the "rockwheel" shop is...i would not like dealing in probs with a "beta-wheel" with him....

my 2 Cents!

as the beta wheel you mean the 84v or the 1640wh as well

7 hours ago, litewave said:

(with no reliable indicator or warning from the app as to the power remaining). 

The gotway app will give you a lower battery percentage when the motor is running forward, and a higher voltage during braking. The V2 did this as well. The true battery percentage is when you are stopped.

2 minutes ago, Donafello said:

as the beta wheel you mean the 84v or the 1640wh as well

I only mean the 84Volt 1600Wh Wheel as beta!

The 1640Wh is nothing else more than 2 batteries more as 820wh...going from 16s4p to 16s8p...Chinese Versions of Msuper2 have also have extra batteries...so no beta on that...

But to go to 84Volt with 20s6p means much more voltage on the same board (or a new engineered 84Volt board? Who knows?)....normally you see on all Motors also 60Volt...in the serialnumber...so they are also not for 84Volt...

Until now only Inmotion has been going 84Volt.....and this is a large Company...not like gotway!

But like i said: My 2 Cents...

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

BTW: Just checked UPS....my parcel is on the way to my home...and i am at work now, grrrrr!

This time from sending to receiving at to my door only 8 days.....new record for any Kind of chinese order i have done :-)

Unfortunatly, if the UPS man did not gave it to my neighbours...i have to wait till thursday till picking it up :-)

Otherwise this evening i am an happy owner of a MSuperV3 :-)

Hope you get it today!

It's a superb wheel to ride

Just now, egiljo said:

Hope you get it today!

It's a superb wheel to ride

yeah!!! Just got it from my neigbours, which luckily where there to accept it :-)

happy Guy now!

be prepared for some KS18 1200watt comparisons ;-)

Just now, KingSong69 said:

yeah!!! Just got it from my neigbours, which luckily where there to accept it :-)

happy Guy now!

So why an earth are you sitting around posting on the forum? 

Shouldn't you be out riding your new wheel???

Just now, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So why an earth are you sitting around posting on the forum? 

Shouldn't you be out riding your new wheel???

sitting at the desk...just came home from work...first have to take care for me and my girlfriends(on holiday) zoo...

paket is standing beside me, 20 minute i am on the road ;-)

also: want to take me the time! doing an unboxing video for the seller, just in case somoething is wrong!

27 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

sitting at the desk...just came home from work...first have to take care for me and my girlfriends(on holiday) zoo...

paket is standing beside me, 20 minute i am on the road ;-)

also: want to take me the time! doing an unboxing video for the seller, just in case somoething is wrong!

Go Go Go,

Have a good ride ?

Archived