GotWay Msuper V3

1 minute ago, Tilmann said:

Love to, but that would be very pretentious. I may have been some 10km on each one, both were borrowed from friends and I sure didn't wan't to be the first one leaving scars on them. Also, I admit to being somewhat a "GotWay fanboy". Coming from the Msuper, I immediately felt save on both KS16 and ACM. I expected the loss of "stability feeling" compared to Msuper much more dramatic, than it actually was (hence the "8" in stability rating). By a thin margin, my preference in terms of riding comfort (pedals, chin cushions), controllability and perceived availability of power goes to the ACM. Yet, that cheap looking drill-some-holes-in-the-shell after market trolly "solution" for the ACM puts me off - KingSong solved that part beautifully! Fairy lights and built in speakers don't count for me personally. If I would have to choose between just these two, my choice would be the ACM for its power advantage and slight edge in riding comfort. I would not buy the ugly trolley handle just because I'm stubborn and would curse GotWay every time I had to carry that thing without one. 

Thank goodness, I have more choices - so Msuper3 it is :D.

Thanks a lot. Your review mirrors the one posted on the russian forum about a week ago where several people did a big test drive and try to come up with some objective criteria and ways to compare various wheels. They said exactly the same thing with ACM leading in all categories like riding comfort, power, control but of course being behind Ks16 in terms of the add on features. They rated the wheels at the same level basically saying that where ks16 is slightly behind acm could be traded for the ks16 features,, For me personally the light show doesnt  matter that much, as well as the integrated trolley, although the slap on afterthought of the acm trolley is hideous. The speakers , and rather loud ones do matter to me though. Currently i am looking for a solution to find a small enough blooth speaker fed by the usb port that i could add to a speaker-less wheel like acm. I believe if ks16 had 4 speakers and not 2, that ( couoked with the looks, trolley ) would tip the scale in its favor in comoarison with ACM, but ks16 speakers are much quieter than ks14 i am used to, so i should be able to find an external bluetooth speaker solution instead. One feature that i find very useful that acm has and not ks16 is the usb port. 

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Thanks a lot. Your review mirrors the one posted on the russian forum about a week ago where several people did a big test drive and try to come up with some objective criteria and ways to compare various wheels. They said exactly the same thing with ACM leading in all categories like riding comfort, power, control but of course being behind Ks16 in terms of the add on features. They rated the wheels at the same level basically saying that where ks16 is slightly behind acm could be traded for the ks16 features,, For me personally the light show doesnt  matter that much, as well as the integrated trolley, although the slap on afterthought of the acm trolley is hideous. The speakers , and rather loud ones do matter to me though. Currently i am looking for a solution to find a small enough blooth speaker fed by the usb port that i could add to a speaker-less wheel like acm. I believe if ks16 had 4 speakers and not 2, that ( couoked with the looks, trolley ) would tip the scale in its favor in comoarison with ACM, but ks16 speakers are much quieter than ks14 i am used to, so i should be able to find an external bluetooth speaker solution instead. One feature that i find very useful that acm has and not ks16 is the usb port. 

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Hi @Cloud, glad you found that useful - thanks. I usually don't take speakers along, but there's one exception: at "Skate-by-Night" events we have some 1000 to 3000 folks on inliners, skateboards and eWheels doing a tour of about 30km on closed roads through Berlin. That's clearly a "make some noise" affair. Riding next to a KS16 at such a tour, it could barely be heard through the background noise from all the other skaters. I brought a JBL Xtreme once and that sounded much more convincing (it's a beast of bazooka proportions on a shoulder strap :D). 

For some pleasant background tunes when riding alone or in a small group, the built in KS16 speakers should do just fine. If you like a bit more volume and bass: the JBL Charge 2+ is around 100 bucks, approx. soda can size, sounds pretty decent with a surprising amount of bass and the built in battery should keep it playing for at least as long as your wheels battery keeps you moving. 

6 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Hi @Cloud, glad you found that useful - thanks. I usually don't take speakers along, but there's one exception: at "Skate-by-Night" events we have some 1000 to 3000 folks on inliners, skateboards and eWheels doing a tour of about 30km on closed roads through Berlin. That's clearly a "make some noise" affair. Riding next to a KS16 at such a tour, it could barely be heard through the background noise from all the other skaters. I brought a JBL Xtreme once and that sounded much more convincing (it's a beast of bazooka proportions on a shoulder strap :D). 

For some pleasant background tunes when riding alone or in a small group, the built in KS16 speakers should do just fine. If you like a bit more volume and bass: the JBL Charge 2+ is around 100 bucks, approx. soda can size, sounds pretty decent with a surprising amount of bass and the built in battery should keep it playing for at least as long as your wheels battery keeps you moving. 

Yep, your review basically confirmed what i heard before which gave me some certainty.

I rode ks16 and tried the speaker volume level. To my taste it was not enough, especially coming from the ks14 experience. Ks16 is 50% of the ks14's volume. Songs recorded loud are ok but once you get a quieter song you can hardly hear it, especially if there is any ambient noise level present. Soda size is a bit large but i guess possible to attach to the wheel. Just looked up jbl charge 2+, yes 15watts sounds acceptable, and the battery is large. A bit expensive and a bit bulky though. Ive seen a few other withing $50 or even less that go up to 20 watts, maybe slightly smaller battery but should still keep it playing for hours. Waiting to receive a 10watt smaller speaker, will check later this week if 10watts is sufficient. If not may need to go to 15-20watt options. ACM has those two concave areas in the front - they look so stupid and are asking to be filled with some nice speakers :) 

23 hours ago, ErikT said:

I looked at IPS 121, but the reviews are conflicting. Some say it goes 30kph (fast enough for me), but others say only 22kph (NOT fast enough for me).

The IPS 121 comes locked to 20 kph until you have ridden 100 km. Then the app will allow you to unlock the top speed to 25 or 30 kph. I have been using mine at the 25 kph setting, and I think that's as fast as I want to go!

Aaaaaaaaaand, I've got one myself now. Juhuuu! But going away so won't be able to test it much until tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, rolauk said:

Aaaaaaaaaand, I've got one myself now. Juhuuu! But going away so won't be able to test it much until tomorrow. 

Gratulerer, it's a (M)super wheel to drive. 

Have fun :)

Too things are still bugging me, I'm actually starting to lean a bit towards the ACM because autumn is coming and a closed shell should be clean to ride during/after rain. Also for commuting, bringing a big wet muddy 18" tire without it being properly covered on the train etc. is less than optimal, as it could brush off dirt on seats, other peoples pants etc.. At least there should be some standard mount points so an (official) fender can be easily attached without resorting to modding the first thing to do on a $2000 cycle, no?

The other thing is the 1640 Wh, do you expect anyone to charge it for 15 hours really?

I do want the bigger 18" wheel instead of 16" and also the bigger pedals! The new ACM pedals are a little larger now but still smaller than Msuper v3 pedals, right? Also the ACM trolley handle looks fragile, what happens if you crash with it mounted, will it tear off and break the shell, even looks dangerous with hard edges sticking out like that..

I like to be able to bring my wheel on the train but the ACM trolley sticks out a lot and leaning it against the front of the seat will probably not work out. Without the handle it should be no problem as it's only 48.6 cm at its highest point and it's rounded off (a normal seat is about 45cm high). The Msuper v3 is 55cm high so the legs would have to hang over it, but it also tapers off to the sides a bit so it's lower where the legs would rest on. Looks pretty smooth though with no sharp corners, I'm not sure how well that would work for 15 minutes on the train, but it might be OK?

Here's a picture of my V5F+ leaning against a chair, the trolley hinge on top is at 52 cm height (14" wheel)

IMG_20160826_203502925-min.jpg

msuper3 pedals are larger than acm. I have a feeling that gotway ( if they do some simple planning) should might make certain charging provisions for the 1640w model. I hope they will either come up with a fast charger or provide two charging ports. If they dont, this will mean that they are again rushing to issue a new model haphazardly without proper planning just like they did with the trolley - an afterthought not very well designed. Regarding the trolley stick out high on acm and the subway seat, why dont you put the wheel on the side and shove it under the seat? Then the trolley sticking out should not matter.

Msuper3_Tempelhof01.jpg

Whooohooo, mine also arrived today! Took it out for a spin on Tempelhofer Feld (old Berlin airport - now playground).

As there are contradicting numbers regarding it's weight, I put it on a scale: It sure feels like 22kg, but the scale showed 19.7kg (820Wh model).

What's it like riding it? Well, I planned to take it really easy for a start. Only an idiot would be pushing it on a first ride, right? When I looked at the app after a leisurely stroll, it showed 37.9km/h max. speed (Gotway kilometers - make that approx 35 real world km/h). Nuff said :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Msuper3_Tempelhof01.jpg

Whooohooo, mine also arrived today! Took it out for a spin on Tempelhofer Feld (old Berlin airport - now playground).

As there are contradicting numbers regarding it's weight, I put it on a scale: It sure feels like 22kg, but the scale showed 19.7kg (820Wh model).

What's it like riding it? Well, I planned to take it really easy for a start. Only an idiot would be pushing it on a first ride, right? When I looked at the app after a leisurely stroll, it showed 37.9km/h max. speed (Gotway kilometers - make that approx 35 real world km/h). Nuff said :ph34r:

Than send a postcard to Berlins police: You can keep my old one I get a replacement ;)

1 minute ago, OliverH said:

Than send a postcard to Berlins police: You can keep my old one I get a replacement ;)

I would consider it under the condition, that every bicycle cop in Berlin has to try riding it and complete evidence is published on youtube :rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Msuper3_Tempelhof01.jpg

It looks pretty nice on that picture I have to admit, the computer rendered images I've seen didn't look that good, photos usually don't do it justice either, and then you have the wheel look by itself vs. a guy riding it, a wheel can look great by itself but it might look wierd with a person on it, I guess this is relatively mature looking. Anyway... straight from the side angle here I see the shell is tilted quite a bit backwards, didn't see this before, it looks like you might get away without a fender after all? Please report how it works on wet ground if you or anyone tests that out!

However there's still parts of open wheel on it so bringing it on public transport you might want to take extra care to have some space around the dirty tire (crowded buss, tram, subway etc. might not be appreciated by others). Personally I only really need it for the commuter train and as that is almost never crowded I'm OK with some open tire, worst case scenario I'll use the bicycle space instead of bringing it to the seat area. As for dense busses etc. inside the city my v5f+ is already more efficient as it gets me faster through the city door to door plus the fun factor, so I almost haven't used any inner city public transport at all for over a month since I started wheeling :)

Hi @nomad, @Cloud, along with my Msuper3 I ordered a pair of the new ACM pedales. Different shape than the Msuper3 pedals, but only a tiny bit smaller. And: it looks like the pedals on mcm4, ACM and Msuper3 are interchangeable!!! At least, I had no problems, mounting one of those larger ACM pedals to the mcm4. Pictures will follow tomorrow.

@nomad: I see what you mean regarding Msuper on public transport. Took my Msuper V1 along on subways and commuter trains quite a few times. Possible, but messy. If you want to do that frequently, you may want to consider a transport cover of sorts. An inverted trash bag would do the trick, but you may prefer something fancier :D

Thats awesome that the pedals are interchangeable. I hooe you are not gonna replace the msuper pedals with acm pedals. Hooe this was for mcm4 only. Pedal size affects feet tiredness tremendously. On smaller KS pedals, i get foot crapms after 2 km. On gotway pedals i can do 5 km or even more without having to dismount. Other people go for much longer distances without dismounting,

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

Thats awesome that the pedals are interchangeable. I hooe you are not gonna replace the msuper pedals with acm pedals. Hooe this was for mcm4 only. Pedal size affects feet tiredness tremendously. On smaller KS pedals, i get foot crapms after 2 km. On gotway pedals i can do 5 km or even more without having to dismount. Other people go for much longer distances without dismounting,

Tell me more :lol:. Did a 30km tour on the mcm4 recently and my feet were killing me. Asked Linnea for the largest compatible pedals and she sent the new ones for the ACM. Fit perfectly and even look nice. Haven't tried 'em yet.

49 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Tell me more :lol:. Did a 30km tour on the mcm4 recently and my feet were killing me. Asked Linnea for the largest compatible pedals and she sent the new ones for the ACM. Fit perfectly and even look nice. Haven't tried 'em yet.

I don't think you will ever hear a KS18 rider complain of sore feet, reason being the design.

whilst riding at cruising speeds, it's easily possible to place your weight on one leg and change position and rest the other leg, the same as when people stand for periods of time, they shift weight from leg to leg to rest the other.

without consciously thinking about it, I find myself changing position during a long ride, often weight on one foot and the other only my heel touching the pedal, toes facing to the side.

I'm not criticising MSuper specifically because they are same standard design as all others but in this specific design feature, I think the taller design of ks18 is superior to all other wheels I've seen

9 hours ago, nomad said:

Here's a picture of my V5F+ leaning against a chair, the trolley hinge on top is at 52 cm height (14" wheel)

IMG_20160826_203502925-min.jpg

That looks Beautyful! Now... if they could only make the Inmotion v8 in a PLUS version that looked like that... or GotWay v3 1640wh in White... 

They would get all my money.

On 08/27/2016 at 4:09 AM, EUCMania said:

From the video below, it looks like that Msuper v3 is about the same height as that of Inmotion v5. True?

Checked the size of my wheel, didn't have tools for exact measurement but within a couple mm error I got this:

V5F+ (with trolley handle):

Vertical height: 51.5 cm
Horizontal length: 44 cm
Folded pedals width: 19.5 cm
Wheel (not measured): 35.5 cm (14")

Msuper v3 820/680 Wh (source: August 3 pdf document from this thread

Vertical height: 55 cm
Horizontal length: 47 cm
Folded pedals width: 17.5 cm
Wheel: 47.2 cm (18")

Msuper v3 680/820/1640 Wh (second source: pdf document emailed August 22 from jane @ gotway):

Vertical height: 54.5 cm
Horizontal length: 46 cm
Folded pedals width: 20.2 cm
Wheel: 47.2 cm (18")

No the specs don't match up but I think this is normal for gotway :) So with the info I have it turns out like this (I'll take the largest numbers from the M3 spec sheets) - V5F+ vs. Msuper v3 820Wh:

Vertical height: 51.5 vs. 55 cm
Horizontal length: 44 vs. 47.2 cm
Folded pedals width: 19.5 vs. 20.2 cm

Anyone knows where I can find the latest app that works with MSuper V3? I have downloaded the app from this site, and from kebye.com, but I can not change anything with it - except ride mode. I did try to change the phone language to english.

11 minutes ago, rolauk said:

Anyone knows where I can find the latest app that works with MSuper V3? I have downloaded the app from this site, and from kebye.com, but I can not change anything with it - except ride mode. I did try to change the phone language to english.

isnt it just on the google play store or IOS store?

thought they brought out the newest version only for ACM and MSuper "officialy"...

Archived