Ninebot one E+ vs rider weight

JB01

Hi all,

I'm seriously thinking about getting a ninebot one e+ or maybe s2 when I can get some proper reviews and specs for it.

So my question that I hope some of you can help me out with is speed vs rider weight. E+ is supposed to go somewhere between 18 and 22 KM/H so what should I expect if I'm around 90kg /200 pounds?

The second questions is how 20 km/h feels... I mean if I want to use it for commuting 20 km/h is needed but can I actually (after some training of cause) use that speed without getting a close to death experience each morning?

It's really hard to tell when you're not able to try one out, as a matter of fact I have never even seen one live so I hope someone can help me out here

Thanks /JB

18 minutes ago, JB01 said:

Hi all,

I'm seriously thinking about getting a ninebot one e+ or maybe s2 when I can get some proper reviews and specs for it.

So my question that I hope some of you can help me out with is speed vs rider weight. E+ is supposed to go somewhere between 18 and 22 KM/H so what should I expect if I'm around 90kg /200 pounds?

I am around 90kg too and reach the max speed just a little bit above 20 km/h.

The second questions is how 20 km/h feels... I mean if I want to use it for commuting 20 km/h is needed but can I actually (after some training of cause) use that speed

Yes. definitely. Once i got used to it it was just a bit too slow - all the bicyicles are always overtaking one. So its a bit dangerous on the bicycle lane... I prefer much more the 30 km/h of my new wheel now ;) Do not know if i really want to go faster once i get used to 30 km/h... :ph34r:

without getting a close to death experience each morning?

Possible death experiences depend imho much more on how one drives and not (primarily on) the speed one drives...

I had something around 400 km on my Ninebot One E+ and absolutely nothing near a bad experience - just in the beginning 2 times i did not land on my feet and got some scratches on the hands and knees... Others had real bad accidents (overleaning, cut-offs, ...)

I commuted on a nb1e+ for about nine months. I am 110kg, my communte 2.5km. The road very smooth, slightly hilly. The nb1 performed good enough. I commuted through most wheather conditions (rain, wind: 6-7 bft, cold: -5 Celsius). The nb1 was a trustworthy machine for me. 1100 km whithout problems.

Pretty soon though, I wanted more:
- go quicker (19 km/h becomes pretty slow pretty soon :) )
- go farther (why only commute?)

And yes, I said 19km/h, because you want to prevent going over 20km/h all the time and experience those tilt backs. 

So I saved money up to get a second wheel, the new KS18, that I commute on now with much more pleasure and also do the occasional trip.

The new model from nb1 does 24 km/h, I think. Maybe that is an option for you too.

2 hours ago, JB01 said:

Hi all,

The second questions is how 20 km/h feels... I mean if I want to use it for commuting 20 km/h is needed but can I actually (after some training of cause) use that speed without getting a close to death experience each morning?

It's really hard to tell when you're not able to try one out, as a matter of fact I have never even seen one live so I hope someone can help me out here

Thanks /JB

I would say - get it! If you can get a good price on E+ - don't wait, buy it. You'll not regret it. It sure other wheels and options around but 9b1 is a good performer overall.

3 hours ago, JB01 said:

...as a matter of fact I have never even seen one live so I hope someone can help me out here...

Where do you live?  Maybe someone is closer than you think?  I normally travel between 19 and 20 Kph each ride (12 MPH).  NEVER had a cut out or fall while riding.  Only fallen when riding super slow and even then, just tipped over, no damage to me or wheel (legs were tired).  Would love another 1-2 miles per hour speed and double or triple distance, but then, I would not be riding one of the most comfortable wheels available.  I have 2 batteries and swap them on long rides.  Gives me over 30 miles per charge that way.

I also believe many of, (Not All of), the falls are human error or over confidence.  The wheel is solid if ridden as advertised.  Last weekend we rode 25 miles with very few stops in 95 Degrees Fahrenheit with ZERO issues.  Up and down hills, paved streets, bike paths, sidewalks, through dirt and grass, cobble stone streets, gravel, etc...  It was unbelievably fun!

1 minute ago, SuperSport said:

Wow, big difference!  Is that down to empty, or to low battery tilt back? 20%

Yes, it's the 20% mark, The E+ is a new one though (it's got about 100 miles on it) - so the battery may improve with a little more use.

56 minutes ago, Scully said:

the battery may improve with a little more use.

Could be, I don't remember range testing when I first got it. I was giggling too much! ?

My E+ rider specs:

Fatness: 245lbs 

Speed: 20-22kph

Range: 21km from 100% down to 5-10% battery.  Note, if tire pressure is low my range drops significantly to something like 15.

I am slightly above yourweight. I have been riding for more than one year for short commuting and just pleasure. There is really no problem with the NB1 E+. You can see on the 9BMetrics thread that I rarely reach 650W.

One can think that the 9B1 is a very unstable and dangerous machine but forums are focused on problems, not on thousands of satisfied riders. Moreover, not everybody pushes the machine to its limit. You can have much satisfaction riding smoothly at 17km/h, gliding in the streets, be careful with pedestrians, etc. I ride my 9B1 to work, promenade, every day duties, shopping, etc.

20km autonomy is not an issue because riding 20 km in everyday use withoour being able to recharge is, most of the times, not real life usage.

The 9B1 can be found at very good prices these days. It is a very robust and easy to maintain machine. Do not hesitate.

On 6/3/2016 at 5:06 AM, JB01 said:

Hi all,

Thanks /JB

@JB01 Go to You Tube and search NinebotUK,  He is an authorized Ninebot seller and has just made a two part video review of the s2 that will give you a very good idea if it suits you.  He tested it thoroughly and compared it to the E+.

22 hours ago, musk said:

My E+ rider specs:

Range: 21km from 100% down to 5-10% battery.  Note, if tire pressure is low my range drops significantly to something like 15.

I'd love to get that kind of range, at those speeds - Can I ask a few questions.... 

How old is your wheel? 
Which software are you using? 
What tyre pressure are you riding at? 

I've just done a 6.75 mile ride (10.8km) and i'm down to 20% battery

My average speed over the whole ride was 17km/h... Although, when I was going, I was flying along (more like 22km/h), weighing in at 210 lbs (incl clothes and trainers)

23 hours ago, musk said:

My E+ rider specs:

29 minutes ago, Scully said:

I'd love to get that kind of range, at those speeds - Can I ask a few questions.... 

How old is your wheel? 

My average speed over the whole ride was 17km/h... Although, when I was going, I was flying along (more like 22km/h), weighing in at 210 lbs (incl clothes and trainers)

Yes i second that. Amazing range. I am 220 and on a 320 battery my range would have been about 16 km. I do go faster at times though.

More and more often i cant shake a feeling that some people's wheels run on magic

8 hours ago, Scully said:

How old is your wheel? 

I just confirmed the route on Google Maps.  21km loop at sea level, no serious wind or elevation changes.  100% battery drains to 15% at the end of this trip.

I've had the wheel for 8 months and have put ~400km on the wheel.

Firmware: 1.3.5.  (The wheel shipped with 1.2.1)

I usually fill the tire to 55-60psi and it slowly drains to 40psi over a few weeks.  

I'd ride it more but have already received a $600 fine for riding on the sidewalk here.  It's a 6 month old infraction and I still haven't had a court date set. Probably 3 more months till I can get in front of a judge and argue that a sidewalk is not a "highway" by the legal definition of highway in British Columbia.

4 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

My E+ rider specs:

Fatness: 315lbs 

Range: 19 km from 100% down to 5% battery tire pressure is 55 psi.

Wow. That is fantastic mileage for your weight on the 320 battery. I dont know how this is possible.

Even with the pressure like 55psi, i still dont get anywhere close to the range some people are getting ( proportionate to the weights and battery sizes of course) . Besides, 55psi will feel like a b..tch over little imperfections in the asphalt. Perhaps not so much for a 16" wheel though.

On June 3, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Scully said:
4 hours ago, Gil said:

I inflate my tire at 4.2 bar and never goes below 3.7. I changed my Kenda tire for this one. It can handle very high pressure.

I run the same tire and Love it!

Archived