Ninebot one E+ vs rider weight

JB01

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:46 PM, musk said:

I'd ride it more but have already received a $600 fine for riding on the sidewalk here.  It's a 6 month old infraction and I still haven't had a court date set. Probably 3 more months till I can get in front of a judge and argue that a sidewalk is not a "highway" by the legal definition of highway in British Columbia.

Oh man that's awful!  You've got me a bit freaked out to ride now as I go on sidewalks, pathways and roads all the time.  I reviewed the laws here, and although electric unicycles aren't specifically mentiond they do show Segways, electric scooters, etc so I could be in trouble if a cop feels an urge to lay down the law.

I usually don't go that fast, and I'm very cautious around other people.  I didn't think the fines were that large in Canada.  And a court date?  Geez, nothing like tying up the already burdened legal system with really serious crimes like riding an EUC!

I'm going to confuse things some more. 

This morning I have been out on two 11 mile rides, here are my findings. 
I weighed myself at the start (with all my clothing, kit and spare battery) I weighed in at 15.5 stone (217 pounds)

The first test, Ninebot one E+, but ridden with the smaller battery from my C+ 220WH
(I figured if I started with the smaller battery then I could always get home on the larger battery). 

I was very impressed with the smaller 220WH battery, It got me 10.8 miles (17.3km) before dropping to 19% and restricted speed. I had an average speed of 8.9MPH (14.3KM/PH) I was taking it steady, also when I got to the hills I slowed right down. 

The ride back was on the E+ (again) with the original E+ battery, (320WH) I was slightly faster at 9.5 MPH (15.2 KM/PH) - It lasted 11miles (17.7km)

So there we have it, the E+ can go an extra half a KM than the C+. 
If I was deciding which to buy, (price dependent) I'd go for the C+

Video of todays ride....
https://www.relive.cc/view/600308593

Some images to go with the test. 

Start mileage on the unit. 

IMG_7633.PNG

Mileage at the end of first ride.

IMG_7642.PNG

Battery strength at the end of first ride.
IMG_7641.PNG

Mileage at the end of 2nd ride
IMG_7643.PNG

Battery strength at the end of 2nd ride

IMG_7644.PNG

Route map
map.jpg

One thing that needs to be considered as mentioned before is the elevations.  I have a ride that I do that is about 11 miles total, 5.5 miles each way.  I climb 1076 ft in that ride with MANY up and downs along the way but steadily climbing.  By the time I hit the end, I have around 40% battery left.  This would lead you to believe I may not make it back, but because it's mostly down hill going back, I get back to the start with around 25%+ battery left; only 15% or less used.  It's a favorite ride of mine because I know I'll never have to push the wheel back to the car... ;)

its amazing with 55 psi it full control like a different machine than 40 psi. the ninebot can work with a load up to 390 lb without fail but any thing above 300 is taking a risk keep that in mind. stay safe ride smart :D 

On 6/3/2016 at 7:56 AM, johrhoj said:

I commuted on a nb1e+ for about nine months. I am 110kg, 

Wow. On several occasions I've given my wife piggyback rides. Together we total 240lbs or about 110kg. The whole time I was thinking "my poor Ninebot". 

Interesting to know it carried you so far with no problems. :)

• 3 weeks later...

That's funny :) I was just thinking that it was strange that no one picked up on my question and then I found my own thread browsing for information about S2. Might be something with my inbox because I didn't receive any notifications.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your feedback it's much appreciated :)

So not I'm actually more interested in S2 since I can get this from UK now (was on it's way when I posted the question).

While I'm on the subject... have anyone seen any good reviews of the S2 or a comparison between E+ and S2? From what I can tell it's a bit faster and a bit more powerful but I'm slightly afraid of running into similar problems as the P+ had due to bad design not coping with the extra power?

For me I see this as a very good alternative to an electric bicycle especially since they are really expensive and where I live I expect it to be stolen as soon as I leave it more then 10 minutes unguarded (yeah, I know... it's sad)

Archived