How do you get your EUC from place to place?

adamo

Hi,

I live in NYC and I am looking for a good place to practice my riding.  One problem that I have is that the ninebot is so heavy to carry that I don't want to carry it too far.  Which leaves my options pretty limited when it comes to practicing.

So, I am curious if you can share how you get your EUC from place to place (without a car, and without riding it) because obviously I want to get mediocre with this thing as soon as possible,

thanks

Trolley handle

can also use back back, but mostly trolley handle.

by the way, why cant you ride it froplace to place? Pretty much the only place i dont ride my wheel is when i need to go up or down ghe stairs

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Trolley handle

can also use back back, but mostly trolley handle.

by the way, why cant you ride it froplace to place? Pretty much the only place i dont ride my wheel is when i need to go up or down ghe stairs

Its because Im a beginner, so... learning how to ride while traveling across 34th street in manhattan sounds like a bad idea

what is back back?

5 minutes ago, playdad said:

I believe he meant backpack. :)

Lol yes i did :) 

well,get the trolley handle. They say the ninebot handle is not very solid but gotta be somewhat ok at least for short distances!

The backpack works well, but it's a little expensive, and the wheel is VERY heavy if you are going any distance.  I prefer the Trolley Handle and I have both.  Here's photos of mine.  The backpack also has storage areas to carry jackets, charger, tools, etc...  But again it gets heavy for any distance.

IMG_0133.jpg

20151209_172451723_iOS.jpg

Pack On Side.jpg

53 minutes ago, adamo said:

Its because Im a beginner, so... learning how to ride while traveling across 34th street in manhattan sounds like a bad idea

what is back back?

Hey Adamo, lets meet up, i will show you how to ride across 34th street :) 

41 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Hey Adamo, lets meet up, i will show you how to ride across 34th stree

42 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Hey Adamo, lets meet up, i will show you how to ride across 34th street :) 

Are your actually in nyc

Your cautious approach to crossing 34th Street reminded me of when I was learning to ride, and I would plan my trip before I left home, a route avoiding any crowded sidewalks, a route where I wouldn't have to cross another street for fear I would have to stop, get off the EU and try to start again, in view of everyone. The worst scenario was a route where there was an actual stop light - that meant at least a 50/50 chance I'd get to the intersection and have to stop and get off (I didn't know how to slow down and stop and lean against something like a streetlamp or parking meter). I also avoided any hills in case if I stopped I'd have to start again on a slope, which was pretty much impossible at the time.

If I got to a place where I was just too afraid to ride I'd get off and carry it by the handle (9Bot One E+) but that was seldom because of my laborious route pre-planning stage.

But persevere and be strong - there is a light at the end of the tunnel - with practice you will soon be much more comfortable riding your EU and those intersections and busy streets will be easy to cross. Eventually the only pre-planning you'll have to do is check there is enough battery reserve to get you to your destination and back. Good luck and have fun!

Backpack is the best option in case of the longer trip on foot. Just adapt some second hand backpack and it will be OK for the start.

For practicing - find some small parking lot close to the place You live then instead of carrying the NB to the park just ride on it there.. 

Trolly handle is the answer - and a word of warning: Until you are an expert rider (ie. You have to *really* screw up before you crash) never ride the NB with the handle attached. Remove it (can leave the base bracket of course), because you're going to crash the NB and it's going to screw up the handle. TRUST ME, I speak from experience. Take the time to pull the handle out when you're going to get moving. 

Handle for beginners - not really the good idea... 

This is exactly the issue with any equipment protruding from the NB - when You tumble, and it is sure that You will, all "super duper add-onns" will fly away... 

This is even more valid when You learn.. 

See below the necessary mods done in the way that they will STAY

20160321_004956_resize.jpg

20160321_004641_resize.jpg

20160310_194734_resize.jpg

20160307_123508_resize.jpg

20160307_123818_resize.jpg

See below emergency transport backpack solution - I wear small backpack when I ride - but in some conditions (like dead battery - not any more as I have now 388Wh battery from 1Rad Werkstatt - almost 40 km range) it can work as the carrier for the NB. Plastic bag is only to save you from getting dirty from the NB.  Such solution can be adopted on almost any backpack

nb-backpack.jpg

On 18 May 2016 at 3:41 AM, Lukasz said:

This is exactly the issue with any equipment protruding from the NB - 

See below the necessary mods done in the way that they will STAY

Hi! Where did you get the front light? I found a tail light that fits the central groove of 9B1, but have not found a good front light yet. 

@Skara You could take a closer look at Lezyne led lights. I am using femto drive kit myself and they are small enough to fit on ninebot. But other models like Micro Drive or Strip Drive are very good too.

14 hours ago, Skara said:

Hi! Where did you get the front light? I found a tail light that fits the central groove of 9B1, but have not found a good front light yet. 

Front lamp comes from Mactronic:

http://allegro.pl/lampa-przednia-mactronic-ghost-eye-lampka-led65lm-i6074759087.html

http://allegro.pl/lampa-rowerowa-mactronic-l-bpm-20-ghost-eye-65lm-i6190443128.html

rear lamp - also from Mactronic:

http://allegro.pl/lampa-rowerowa-mactronic-l-bpm-6sl-bright-eye-ii-i6190443872.html

Mactronic is in fact Polish company but they sell also outside Poland check their web page http://www.mactronic.pl/en/index.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/18/2016 at 2:06 AM, Lukasz said:

See below emergency transport backpack solution - I wear small backpack when I ride - but in some conditions (like dead battery - not any more as I have now 388Wh battery from 1Rad Werkstatt - almost 40 km range) it can work as the carrier for the NB. Plastic bag is only to save you from getting dirty from the NB.  Such solution can be adopted on almost any backpack

Hi @Lukasz, I'm interested in the battery upgrade kit, I've been trying to work out what the advantage is in terms of KM / Miles able to ride. 
I currently get 10 miles from my E+, what mileage were you getting before the upgrade? 

Edit. Ignore me, I have seen some of your other posts. I now see that you have upgraded your stock battery to the 388wh, I am looking at the expansion pack to include the current  battery, plus add the new side shells + extra batteries.

On 17 May 2016 at 8:41 PM, Lukasz said:

Handle for beginners - not really the good idea... 

This is exactly the issue with any equipment protruding from the NB - when You tumble, and it is sure that You will, all "super duper add-onns" will fly away... 

This is even more valid when You learn.. 

When I first started riding, I was terrified that I would impale or neuter myself on an after-market bolt-on handle, or at least destroy it and be forced to lug the ninebot home. Given that I broke the integrated handle during a crash in the first month, it seemed likely to happen. I also considered the backpack idea, but none of the ready-made solutions looked durable or worth the trouble/expense, so I decided to try a 2-wheel trolley used for grocery shopping, carting chilly-bins full of fish or beer, laundry – like this one from Walmart.com:

Cart.jpg

The frame is solid and fixed and has held up well under repeated use. If you are taller than 178cm (5'10") or have short arms, you may have to hack the handle.  I removed the fabric bag, purchased 2 each 3' heavy-duty bungee cords, and used a small Ikea Frakta shopping bag to cover the wheel,

IMG_1562.jpg

and here is my cheap-as solution :P:

IMG_1565.jpg

It works great for transporting your wheel to a practice area or another base location, but I would not want to actually ride the wheel with the cart on my back or in tow :wacko:

• 5 months later...
On 8/1/2016 at 4:13 PM, litewave said:

I broke the integrated handle during a crash in the first month

How? That seems fairly impossible.  Which way was the handle pointing when you crashed?  But I have seen several posts from people who's handle has broken, sometimes just from lifting the wheel at an angle.

I've crashed mine a few times, never at high speed, about 8 mph the fastest crash, the handle is still fine, knock on wood.

On ‎08‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 1:55 AM, steve454 said:

How? That seems fairly impossible.  Which way was the handle pointing when you crashed?  But I have seen several posts from people who's handle has broken, sometimes just from lifting the wheel at an angle.

I've crashed mine a few times, never at high speed, about 8 mph the fastest crash, the handle is still fine, knock on wood.

I don't really understand it either. I can logically see it happen if the handle is already pulled out before the crash though..

On 1/7/2017 at 7:55 PM, steve454 said:

The handle may have been slightly raised due to the snug fit of the foam padding I installed on the outer rim at the time (see @Lukasz photos above). I was rolling at medium speed when the the Ninebot tumbled sideways for about 2-3 meters. The hinge may have have had a hairline crack already by lifting the wheel from the side.

Archived