Signal bells

dmethvin

I also have such an small signal bell - but always get pictures in my head of a multiple fractured finger... So it stays in may jacket pocket and i never used it till now. Either i practice balancing driving slowly or get the attention of the pedestrion with a nice "excuse me"...

29 minutes ago, Chriull said:

I also have such an small signal bell - but always get pictures in my head of a multiple fractured finger... So it stays in may jacket pocket and i never used it till now. Either i practice balancing driving slowly or get the attention of the pedestrion with a nice "excuse me"...

I got tired of yelling (from inside the helmet :P), so I got a bell last summer too. Just a basic bicycle-bell, pretty much similar as dmethvin's favorite. Never thought it could fracture my finger in a crash though, but that's not going to stop me from keep on using it.

6 hours ago, esaj said:

I got tired of yelling (from inside the helmet :P), so I got a bell last summer too. Just a basic bicycle-bell, pretty much similar as dmethvin's favorite. Never thought it could fracture my finger in a crash though, but that's not going to stop me from keep on using it.

You are absolutely right, this can result in pretty nasty finger fractures.

I always take of my ring, just in case I fall.

It is dangerous to wear hard objects on your finger when faceplanting. I propose to use a soft thing such as a small rubber duck for babies, glued to the under side of your glove. Press it to make quack sound. It also protects your hands when falling.

1 hour ago, ECUMania said:

...I propose to use a soft thing such as a small rubber duck for babies, glued to the under side of your glove. Press it to make quack sound. It also protects your hands when falling.

I want to see fotos.. Ymmd

Hey guys my 50 cent bell is made out of the finest Chinese plastic. If it managed to break my finger in a crash I would be surprised. 

1 hour ago, Blunzn said:

there is one with a "finger strap", should be more comfy - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B004FPGJYW?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

SEVEN EURO? You think I'm rich? I could buy half a cup of Starbucks with that! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sweet review. I was thinking of mounting one of those to the frame of my Tesla...ANYWHERE...since...see below

Here in Sweden you get a fine (55$ roughly) if you don't have a ringer on your "bike" (EUC is interpreted as bike/Segway rule/law wise).

Though there are no restrictions on shape or sound, it just says your bike should be equipped with..... a ringer and yadayadayada...

Hence...since I don't want to break my fingers at an eventual fall, o thought I would hang one of those under my backpack as I interpret me as ONE WITH THE EUC...aka I am the bike...and hey..it looks pretty cool...like I AM GONZO...the crazy clown ?

CK1113577_1.thumb.jpg.fc1c01229a5a5d7c724caee437850f66.jpg

Or....if police is stringent about not being mounted on the bike/Tesla, I can remedy that on spot with a roll of duct tape and ask..ok officer, how safe would it be for me to reach down every time I want to sing that bell..hmm?? Rules or common sense? Whadys say hmm ?

On 7/13/2016 at 6:45 AM, MaxLinux said:

Runbell was asking people to send photos of how they use Runbell, and the first winner was a guy who uses it with his EUC.

EUCRunbell.jpg

I got myself one of these, works nicely. However I wear it so Bell is inside my palm that way I found it easier to ring by a flip of my thumb. People at work comment it look like a knuckle iron, which is fine by me ?in case some should get a funny idea to jump out to scare or put me of balance. Note I am far from violent by nature, but some people just can't help themselves.

Archived