V3 Msuper

FWIW, I was told by Jane the same thing, but Linnea told me it was not coming out that fast (this was all back around April 1). 

If this was coming out that soon, wouldn't there have been pictures or video of a prototype at the Gotway France booth of the currently ongoing Foire de Paris? (none displayed in the pics on their FB page https://www.facebook.com/gotwayfrance/?fref=ts; ACM had pics & vids prior to launch)

This talk of May just sounds like typical Asian business tactic of keeping the buyer from walking elsewhere.

That said, whenever the MSuper3 launches, I'll be first in line!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Her post from 2 days ago? Those are the old/current Msuper, not the new one. 

Not sure when it will be available in your area. I just saw a post recently Jane had on instgram with pics of the new wheel on Gotway's assembly line and after months of asking and countless delays, I believe it will finally be available from a Rep near you by June!

FB_IMG_1462416648279.jpg

Is this not the new msuper??

Look at the handle bar in the factory pics vs the MSuper3 mockups. The factory pics are of the old MSuper v1/v2 design. Plus the fact that the pic shells have no front/back lights whatsoever.

They're probably pressing up new MSuper2's to clear their parts inventory to prepare for the MSuper3

On 5. Mai 2016 at 4:57 AM, Ben Wilson said:

Not sure when it will be available in your area. I just saw a post recently Jane had on instgram with pics of the new wheel on Gotway's assembly line and after months of asking and countless delays, I believe it will finally be available from a Rep near you by June!

FB_IMG_1462416648279.jpg

Is this not the new msuper??

Limited last edition? Should be numbered.

I've got to say, while I liked the computer render, seeing a real photo of a prototype is less impressive. The gloss finish, red accents, headlight enclosure and overall design language looks cheap. It doesn't look rugged and vehicle-like.. It's more in the toy side of things. I hope they refine it some more because I think I would still prefer the older shell at this point. 

I actually still like it... no nonsense, functional looking enclosure. The headlight-space looks like you could actually fit a proper (20W / 3000 lumen ;)) headlight there...

33 minutes ago, esaj said:

I actually still like it... no nonsense, functional looking enclosure. The headlight-space looks like you could actually fit a proper (20W / 3000 lumen ;)) headlight there...

I think the ACM is closer to your description with the all matte black finish. The gloss, red accents and bubbly design lines look more "whimsical" to me. Msuper should look more tough and utilitarian like ACM. Though, I'm not sure who they're targeting with Msuper anymore since the ACM will have a more powerful motor than Msuper by the numbers. (Maybe performance is still higher with a lower sustained wattage somehow? Different motor tech?)

I still looooooove the open wheel aspect though. Like solowheel xtreme. 

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I've got to say, while I liked the computer render, seeing a real photo of a prototype is less impressive. The gloss finish, red accents, headlight enclosure and overall design language looks cheap. It doesn't look rugged and vehicle-like.. It's more in the toy side of things. I hope they refine it some more because I think I would still prefer the older shell at this point. 

Looks nice and functional to me, I don't have issues with it. ;-)  Go Go Gotway

I'm of the same mind as @Jeffrey Scott Will. It's my opinion that black as the primary color with any other color, save for maybe white, will make a design look cheap. And red accents can certainly be overpowering if not used conservatively in just the right places and with the just right shade. As such, I don't much like red as an accent color, but I do I think that red, black, and white can look very stylish together, with designs like this:

sportrcr1.jpg

Here they have red is the primary color with white as a secondary color that gives the red a breath of fresh air. The black is reserved as an accent color to give the red and white the contrast that they deserve.

Yes, I'm a style critic. :P

whpby5.jpeg

I like... that I don't hate everything about it. What' I'm saying here is that it could be worse.

I dislike:

- The glossy plastic. I think that this worked alright for parts of the MCM4, but for a larger wheel like this, it just looks cheap.

- The square and bubbly design.

- The freaky light in the front. Strangely enough, it reminds me a little bit of HAL (from A Space Odyssey), and that's not really the connotation that you want to be making.

- The unprotected components on the top.

- The red accents.

- The shell not covering enough of the wheel to adequately protect against splattering from mud or puddles (as stated in the post below this one).

- The seams going straight down the middle of the shell. I'd like to see the shell  broken down into several smaller pieces to have them fit together more neatly. I like that the MCM4 doesn't have a visible seam down the middle. It adds a lot to the design, I believe.

With where this design is at now, I'd be more inclined to just go with the classic MSuper. I will probably just bide my time and wait for a total redesign of this model.

The rendering looks more promising to me.

I miss on the prototype shoot:
Charger port on top, prone for damage, looks like a normal charge port and not power charge port
Case not covering enough the wheel (mudflap)
Pedals looking smaller than on the current MSuper
Case covering the tube valve, as this are low quality and leaking pressure the valve should be good accessible without any toy
The red line is intended as a design element that it looks smaller, it's not nice

I like:
It looks tall and not wide and not as tall as a KS18 so much easier to handle and could be very agile for a 18" EU
The lights are looking to be in the right size and no christmas/ psychedelic light show

With the current experience of the heatsinks from he ACM the current prototype should be reworked to transport the heat efficient away from the MOSFETs.

I'm missing the "I need this immediately".

The manufacturers should do workshops with selected customers to get a feedback in early design stages and should follow with this in further development stages. Automotive companies do this kind of future marketing instrument.

i quite like it, but its hard to judge from one pic/angle, not as square/boxy as the acm, i like the more asymetric body, like the big solowheel. the red parts can easily be painted over and are in scratch resistant areas. matte would have been better than glossy but if the specs are on par or better as the acm ... the v1/v2 design was probably better for mounting stuff to it ... but the v3 is imho still better than an 18" acm casing

can't wait for a video

2 hours ago, Blunzn said:

i quite like it, but its hard to judge from one pic/angle, not as square/boxy as the acm, i like the more asymetric body, like the big solowheel. the red parts can easily be painted over and are in scratch resistant areas. matte would have been better than glossy but if the specs are on par or better as the acm ... the v1/v2 design was probably better for mounting stuff to it ... but the v3 is imho still better than an 18" acm casing

can't wait for a video

It's a bit of a confusing situation in terms of comparing the specs between the two. ACM motor is 1500w and the new Msuper will be 1200w. This came directly from Gotway reps. By those numbers alone one could assume that a larger diameter wheel and weaker motor would mean noticeably worse performance than the ACM.  But maybe there is more to those numbers that affect performance. I don't know. It seems odd though. 

43 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

It's a bit of a confusing situation in terms of comparing the specs between the two. ACM motor is 1500w and the new Msuper will be 1200w. This came directly from Gotway reps. By those numbers alone one could assume that a larger diameter wheel and weaker motor would mean noticeably worse performance than the ACM.  But maybe there is more to those numbers that affect performance. I don't know. It seems odd though. 

Its not that odd. There coukd be marketing reasons why acm motor is stronger. Maybe its a way to keep the msuper price and weight down. Also acm is brand new model/ wheel size and needed to stand out from other 16". Msuper had earned its reputation and a slight bump in power may be enough to become  the choice of many nd be ablt to compete in the 18" market. The difference in power wont necessarily be noticeable. The only times this could be noticeable when one takes these wheels to the limit of their abilities, but operating below the limit, they should work the same way.

On old MSuper design I missing only USB port.

When I ride MSuper offroad in the night, I need to use 7LED flashlight for comfortable night ride.

Embedded light is for nothing.

Glossy plastic looks cheapy.

Can be new MSuper hardware installed in old shell ?

I like old MSuper design !

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I'm not saying Msuper won't be powerful enough. I just think it is a bit of a surprise since everyone is used to the Msuper being king. Nothing wrong with ACM claiming the throne!

Yeah, i hear you....maybe Msuper will still hold the throne, due to its size and off road capabilities:) 

I like the look of the MSuper3 - I wonder if I can ride down the escalator without getting kicked out of the mall?

(just dreaming....can't wait till I actually get one!)

MSuper3 at the mall.jpg

26 minutes ago, Nuo Meng said:

I like the look of the MSuper3 - I wonder if I can ride down the escalator without getting kicked out of the mall?

(just dreaming....can't wait till I actually get one!)

MSuper3 at the mall.jpg

I rode KS18 in many different malls in russia and never got kicked out:) 

• 3 weeks later...

@Linnea Lin Gotway

Any news on the MSuper v3?

Some things that I'd like to see:

• Enclosure material that is stronger than ABS plastic (such as PC or at least ABS+PC). In addition, a matte (rather than glossy) look, like the ACM.
  • A powerful front light that is actually useful (regular LED lights might not be enough). In addition, an option to dim the light.
  • A white color option like the original MSuper.
  • A comfortable handle (I have found the handle to the MCM4 to not be very easy to grip).
  • Ergonomic and supportive padding that actually makes good contact with the entire length of the lower legs (except for the ankles). I suggest a curved design for this.
  • A readily visible battery level indicator.
  • Raised lower corners (on the front at least). This part of the enclosure appears the most likely to hit things that are close to ground level.
  • Additional structural support where most likely to receive impact
  • An improved app with additional features, and the ability to flash custom firmware from the app to the MSuper (to allow for important updates and modding).
  • Further improvements to prevent overheating and stress to internal components.
  • (Perhaps) pedals that are angled upward a little bit at the front of the pedal.
  • An overall polished and well thought through design. I believe that I speak for everyone here, in that we don't want something that looks like a cheap toy. 
  • A speaker system.
  • Lastly and perhaps most importantly: Innovation

Some things that I like that I already see (so don't go removing these things):

• The front and back lights.
  • The integrated trolley handle.
  • The lengthy pedals.
  • The large amount of space to fit all of the batteries
  • The large clearance for the tire (I'm just a little concerned about the wheel throwing muddy water onto the rider's back.)
  • The large tire.
  • The powerful motor.

On 4/28/2016 at 10:23 PM, OliverH said:

But the battery capacity is low. Can't deliver long that peaks.

IIRC it's a different battery type with lower internal resistance even at a lower battery level. To know for sure we will need to wait for real users reports.  

Archived