V3 Msuper

On 7 мая 2016 г. at 2:14 PM, WakefulTraveller said:

I'm of the same mind as @Jeffrey Scott Will. It's my opinion that black as the primary color with any other color, save for maybe white, will make a design look cheap. And red accents can certainly be overpowering if not used conservatively in just the right places and with the just right shade. As such, I don't much like red as an accent color, but I do I think that red, black, and white can look very stylish together, with designs like this:

sportrcr1.jpg

Here they have red is the primary color with white as a secondary color that gives the red a breath of fresh air. The black is reserved as an accent color to give the red and white the contrast that they deserve.

Yes, I'm a style critic. :P

whpby5.jpeg

I like... that I don't hate everything about it. What' I'm saying here is that it could be worse.

I dislike:

- The glossy plastic. I think that this worked alright for parts of the MCM4, but for a larger wheel like this, it just looks cheap.

- The square and bubbly design.

- The freaky light in the front. Strangely enough, it reminds me a little bit of HAL (from A Space Odyssey), and that's not really the connotation that you want to be making.

- The unprotected components on the top.

- The red accents.

- The shell not covering enough of the wheel to adequately protect against splattering from mud or puddles (as stated in the post below this one).

- The seams going straight down the middle of the shell. I'd like to see the shell  broken down into several smaller pieces to have them fit together more neatly. I like that the MCM4 doesn't have a visible seam down the middle. It adds a lot to the design, I believe.

With where this design is at now, I'd be more inclined to just go with the classic MSuper. I will probably just bide my time and wait for a total redesign of this model.

Im kinda disappointed a bit too, from looking at the picture. Why is it so difficult to design something aesthetically superiror ? Glossy casing definitely takes away from the perceived value, and is it true that the valve is not accessible?? I put air into my kingsong tire every few days. I cant imagine having ti pull out the tire of msuper every time air has to be added. I hope the valve is accessible or there is an extension accessory. Unprotected stuff on top is not the best idea but its not a deal breaker. Something can be placed next to it, so that the charge port no longer protrudes beyond. I could forgive other minor shortcomings if the wheel performs as everyone expects it to.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, WakefulTraveller said:

@Linnea Lin Gotway

Any news on the MSuper v3?

Some things that I'd like to see:

• Enclosure material that is stronger than ABS plastic (such as PC or at least ABS+PC). In addition, a matte (rather than glossy) look, like the ACM.
  • A powerful front light that is actually useful (regular LED lights might not be enough). In addition, an option to dim the light.
  • A white color option like the original MSuper.
  • A comfortable handle (I have found the handle to the MCM4 to not be very easy to grip).
  • Ergonomic and supportive padding that actually makes good contact with the entire length of the lower legs (except for the ankles). I suggest a curved design for this.
  • A readily visible battery level indicator.
  • Raised lower corners (on the front at least). This part of the enclosure appears the most likely to hit things that are close to ground level.
  • Additional structural support where most likely to receive impact
  • An improved app with additional features, and the ability to flash custom firmware from the app to the MSuper (to allow for important updates and modding).
  • Further improvements to prevent overheating and stress to internal components.
  • (Perhaps) pedals that are angled upward a little bit at the front of the pedal.
  • An overall polished and well thought through design. I believe that I speak for everyone here, in that we don't want something that looks like a cheap toy. 
  • A speaker system.
  • Lastly and perhaps most importantly: Innovation

Some things that I like that I already see (so don't go removing these things):

• The front and back lights.
  • The integrated trolley handle.
  • The lengthy pedals.
  • The large amount of space to fit all of the batteries
  • The large clearance for the tire (I'm just a little concerned about the wheel throwing muddy water onto the rider's back.)
  • The large tire.
  • The powerful motor.

We are not ready to launch Msuper V3 at the moment. But I can tell something about it here. Msuper V3 has build-in trolley handle, front light and back breaking light. For the performance, will not have much difference with Msuper V2. But new APP for Msuper V3 could set tilt back speed, or cancel tilt back speed. The same as alarm speed. I will public it here once it is ready to launch. Thanks!

44 minutes ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

We are not ready to launch Msuper V3 at the moment. But I can tell something about it here. Msuper V3 has build-in trolley handle, front light and back breaking light. For the performance, will not have much difference with Msuper V2. But new APP for Msuper V3 could set tilt back speed, or cancel tilt back speed. The same as alarm speed. I will public it here once it is ready to launch. Thanks!

If this is still an option, please make it non- glossy and have easy access to the air valve. Thanks!

On 28.05.2016 at 2:09 PM, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

We are not ready to launch Msuper V3 at the moment.

Whether inform, please, probably that it will take place this summer? I would like to buy Msuper V3. Whether there is a sense to wait instead of buying Msuper V2? Thanks!

On 5/28/2016 at 5:54 AM, Cloud said:

If this is still an option, please make it non- glossy and have easy access to the air valve. Thanks!

+1 for easy access to the air valve. 

18 hours ago, Fareast said:

Whether inform, please, probably that it will take place this summer? I would like to buy Msuper V3. Whether there is a sense to wait instead of buying Msuper V2? Thanks!

Need to wait at least 2 months.

23 hours ago, Niko said:

I totally agree about no glossy shell. Leave it black is fine but use same rough finish as the black shell compsite. The shiny black appearance gives it a toy like look and scratches show up quickly! If we gotta wait, lets get the best features we can for MsuperV3

It could be just unflattering lighting in that one photo with the glossy black making it look less appealing.  Aren't all the KingSong KS14's in glossy finishes?  The side panels look like they are in a different finish, almost a semi-matte.  Hard to say until we see a final product to pass judgement.  That one might just be a prototype as you can see the pedal inserts aren't even on plus the red pin stripe looks interrupted.  I wonder if the shell makers provide a few example casings for Gotway to try out and make adjustments to before major production begins.

3 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

It could be just unflattering lighting in that one photo with the glossy black making it look less appealing.  Aren't all the KingSong KS14's in glossy finishes?  The side panels look like they are in a different finish, almost a semi-matte.  Hard to say until we see a final product to pass judgement.  That one might just be a prototype as you can see the pedal inserts aren't even on plus the red pin stripe looks interrupted.  I wonder if the shell makers provide a few example casings for Gotway to try out and make adjustments to before major production begins.

Yes could be bad lighting. Nevertheless, however good kingsong may look in glossy finish, black satin finish for expensive devices will look richer and classier than the black glossy plastic. Shiny plastic conveys a somewhat cheap, gaudy and tasteless connotation.

On Wednesday, June 01, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Niko said:

I totally agree about no glossy shell. Leave it black is fine but use same rough finish as the grey shell compsite. The shiny black appearance gives it a toy like look and scratches show up quickly! If we gotta wait, lets get the best features we can f

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 2:52 PM, WakefulTraveller said:

@Linnea Lin Gotway

Any news on the MSuper v3?

Some things that I'd like to see:

• Enclosure material that is stronger than ABS plastic (such as PC or at least ABS+PC). In addition, a matte (rather than glossy) look, like the ACM.
  • A powerful front light that is actually useful (regular LED lights might not be enough). In addition, an option to dim the light.
  • A white color option like the original MSuper.
  • A comfortable handle (I have found the handle to the MCM4 to not be very easy to grip).
  • Ergonomic and supportive padding that actually makes good contact with the entire length of the lower legs (except for the ankles). I suggest a curved design for this.
  • A readily visible battery level indicator.
  • Raised lower corners (on the front at least). This part of the enclosure appears the most likely to hit things that are close to ground level.
  • Additional structural support where most likely to receive impact
  • An improved app with additional features, and the ability to flash custom firmware from the app to the MSuper (to allow for important updates and modding).
  • Further improvements to prevent overheating and stress to internal components.
  • (Perhaps) pedals that are angled upward a little bit at the front of the pedal.
  • An overall polished and well thought through design. I believe that I speak for everyone here, in that we don't want something that looks like a cheap toy. 
  • A speaker system.
  • Lastly and perhaps most importantly: Innovation

Some things that I like that I already see (so don't go removing these things):

• The front and back lights.
  • The integrated trolley handle.
  • The lengthy pedals.
  • The large amount of space to fit all of the batteries
  • The large clearance for the tire (I'm just a little concerned about the wheel throwing muddy water onto the rider's back.)
  • The large tire.
  • The powerful motor.

or MsuperV3

Why is it impossible to have the three versions of old msuper2 into one wheel? Then you have the greatest climbing and top speed in one wheel! Production for Gotway would be focused on one instead of three versions of msuper3, could'nt the circuit boards be stacked and just switch between modes? 

59 minutes ago, Ben Wilson said:

I totally agree about no glossy shell. Leave it black is fine but use same rough finish as the grey shell compsite. The shiny black appearance gives it a toy like look and scratches show up quickly! If we gotta wait, lets get the best features we can f

or MsuperV3

Why is it impossible to have the three versions of old msuper2 into one wheel? Then you have the greatest climbing and top speed in one wheel! Production for Gotway would be focused on one instead of three versions of msuper3, could'nt the circuit boards be stacked and just switch between modes? 

Don't quote me and I don't want to check

its all to do with how the motor is wound, more or less windings.

So you can have more speed or more oomph (torque)

I want (need)  torque because I am fat.

EU wheels are quite interesting as they are not that whizzy,  they  have to produce power at ridiculously low rpm.

Bottom line it is not a switch that decides these things.

Jer

I want the top to be easy to add attachment such as a saddle or a box on the top. This give us a lot of possibilities to mod. The mSuper to Tibet had boxes attached on the top, but it is done with a lot of ad hoc modifications and is not beautiful. 

One way to make this easy is to provide attaching points on the top. For example, make 4 holes on the sides near the top so that elastic strips can go through them to fix attachments

2 hours ago, jer said:

Don't quote me and I don't want to check

its all to do with how the motor is wound, more or less windings.

So you can have more speed or more oomph (torque)

I want (need)  torque because I am fat.

EU wheels are quite interesting as they are not that whizzy,  they  have to produce power at ridiculously low rpm.

Bottom line it is not a switch that decides these things.

Jer

Hmmm.. I wonder if the windings could be cut at different lengths to connect for each version? Like a triple phase inductor? Lol

On 03/06/2016 at 8:33 AM, LaRoueDeSecours said:

Hi. I can confirme black mate cover of the ACM is great.

Question to Jane: do you plan to insert on cover front or rear a possibility to plug an accessory, like the Ninebot E+? That would be brilliant.

I have just seen a post by Linnea showing the Trolley handle for the ACM. Depending on what you are hoping to attach you may be able to mount them on the handle?

@Jane Mo 

In position of Gotway I would handle product design like the automotive industry is doing it:

Organize clinics with selected/ trusted customers/ partners to see if the upcoming product would fit customers need.

There're so many requests here. As a manufacturer I would listen to the demands, list them, weight them and put it in the scope of the upcoming product. 

On 06/08/2016 at 5:20 PM, TremF said:

I have just seen a post by Linnea showing the Trolley handle for the ACM. Depending on what you are hoping to attach you may be able to mount them on the handle?

Yes if I finally will mount this handle. If not... Well we'll see

10 minutes ago, LaRoueDeSecours said:

Yes if I finally will mount this handle. If not... Well we'll see

Jane has created another post with the final version of the ACM trolley handle... 

It looks like it doesn't fit into any existing holes in the case so we have to make our own?

54 minutes ago, OliverH said:

@Jane Mo 

In position of Gotway I would handle product design like the automotive industry is doing it:

Organize clinics with selected/ trusted customers/ partners to see if the upcoming product would fit customers need.

There're so many requests here. As a manufacturer I would listen to the demands, list them, weight them and put it in the scope of the upcoming product. 

yes you are right

Archived