V3 Msuper

Am I right in believing that there is a new version of the Msuper imminent and if so how imminent?

Also will there be different torques available as per the current model

Jer

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. The Msuper 2 has been discontinued and is no longer in production. The Msuper 3 apparently adds built in headlight/tail-light, and a hidden trolley handle (similar to the KingSong 16). It will keep having an off-road tailored design like the previous model. 

No official word yet on whether GotWay will hire a competent firmware and app developer thou. :P

Ahhhhhh is this really the design direction we're heading in?  On a positive note, I guess it might make it easier to sneak on board airplanes?  "No no that's just my carry-on suitcase, really!"

41TRHxIX94L._SS500_.jpg

I prefer the KS16 handle design as those forward mounted ones aren't the easiest to roll the wheel with as it tends to flop to either side.

Function before form (the way it should be, imho ;)). Although I actually like the simple design. And if the 1.5kW (1500W)-motor spec is true, it's the most powerful motor to date used on an unicycle, going beyond the 1kW MSuper 2 and the newer 1.2kW KS18.

13 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

They've released renders and even a few glimpses of actual photos of prototypes. Here is the render:

This thing is beautiful! Better save some money like 17 dollars for ninety days? :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, esaj said:

Function before form (the way it should be, imho ;)). Although I actually like the simple design. And if the 1.5kW (1500W)-motor spec is true, it's the most powerful motor to date used on an unicycle, going beyond the 1kW MSuper 2 and the newer 1.2kW KS18.

No, the ACM already has a 1.5kw motor, for the msuperv3 we expect at least a rated 2kw motor  with 3 versions available needed due to the larger wheel, and no overheat problems on steep hills with riders over 100kg, if that happens if will be great.

It has been a very long wait we expect large improvements.

The ks18a it is labeled 1200w for the Chinese market, but for other markets it is sold as 1100w, the problem is that it overheats with heavy ( over 100kg) riders in steep hills very quickly, and the motor windings seems to be optimized for speed not for torque. The component that overheats is the control boards.

How about instead of design inspired by the understated "carry-on luggage" category we steer things more towards the "sport bike" theme I'm thinking?  There's something angular, sexy and fast just looking at some of these motorcycles.  I think there should be a balance between form and function with function being the priority of course.

image.jpg

Or maybe offer some more colour choices at least?  I love Batman matte  black and grey, but sometimes a little colour can go a long way.

image.jpg

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove I think that when things that are truly functional in every way that they will also look incredibly sexy as a whole (the thoughtfulness of the design really adds to it). I do agree that the current design for the MSuper V3 appears a little lacking (the ACM has the same problem for me). I actually really like the look of the MCM4 (more so than anything else really). Although when it comes down to it, I'm more likely to pick a wheel based on its specs rather than appearances, but appearances do play a big role in how much I like a wheel. The rustic design of the MSuper V2 actually appeals to me a little bit more than the new design. I suppose that where it's at now is like the uncanny valley for sleek and sexy design. Yet these are just renders. We will just have to wait and see for final judgement.

5 hours ago, esaj said:

+1 for me as well, I actually really like that design, to me it is understated rather than utilitarian and lights, as long as they are bright enough, are a much needed addition.

Plus the biggest issue I have with my KS14 is how much mud/ dirt gets inside it, the very open tire design on this ilooks ideal for off-road and no handicap on road. It is the very closed case design of the KS16 that is putting me off of it.

I like this design, very clean. And I like the fact that not a lot of people like this design.

Plus, all those clamoring for another Ninebot clone design complain about the supposed bulk and unruliness of a wheel that is 2" bigger anyways. 

My hope is that the material of the MSuper3 shell is a matte black, resistant to scratching, as it's inevitable an EUC will get dropped.

I like the Solowheel Extreme design - it's minimalistic, sleek, and functional.  I don't think we need everyone to clone the Ninebot One although it does have a classic design that is appealing. 

Have you seen the design of the Solowheel Cruise?  It's different.  Distinctive, clean, futuristic looking (maybe a little too closed up shell-wise) - I think they must have a bigger design budget at Solowheel as it probably comes down to how much a company can spend on esthetics.  It's nice to have a classic look with some common design elements that says "yeah that's a Gotway" or "yeah that's a BMW or Audi..."  You know what I mean?  I can see the genetic line in the Gotway series especially with that family photo.  The MCM4 is a beaut.  

Gotway should consider some tasteful badging to help identify their wheels.  I know they have their name under the pedals, but you really can't see that.  It's like a black running shoe that has a swoosh only on the bottom.  It might be a Nike, but you'd never know.  I know the some Msupers have the =GotWay= emblem on the sides, but yeah I don't like the font so much.  Branding and labels can be helpful to bring a distinctive element to a wheel.  Just look at the Solowheel logo and labelling.  It's tasteful, iconic, and subtle.  You see the label and say yeah that's a Solowheel.  Now put the ACM next to the MCM4 or MCM2 or 3 and throw in another black EUC, and it's not so easy to distinguish between them...

solowheel-cruise-white.png?itok=pE4Qd5TV

23 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

They've released renders and even a few glimpses of actual photos of prototypes. Here is the render:

image.jpeg

Not bad at all. Could be my next if it has PLEV approval (european standard (if available)). Than we need 4 new EUs ;)

/edit
Some mudflaps would be nice.

5 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

How about ....... we steer things more towards the "sport bike" theme I'm thinking?  There's something angular, sexy and fast....

Have you seen this one? Super sleek, like a futuristic motorcycle from Tron or something.

http://uniwheel.co.uk/

It is the most sophisticated unicycle in the market. Made with unique, top of the line components. And it has a 1500watt motor (like Solowheel, and GotWay ACM), so it is good choice for heavier riders.

2 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

Have you seen this one? Super sleek, like a futuristic motorcycle from Tron or something.

http://uniwheel.co.uk/

It is the most sophisticated unicycle in the market. Made with unique, top of the line components. And it has a 1500watt motor (like Solowheel, and GotWay ACM), so it is good choice for heavier riders.

Advertised or peak 1500 W?

1 minute ago, OliverH said:

Advertised or peak 1500 W?

Both Solowheel and Uniwheel have massive peaks in the thousands of watts. I'm certain 1500 is not the peak.

Oh yeah the UniWheel?  I love it - it has that futuristic look which is simplistic yet functional.   It's got a cool, understated, distinct label.  I hope the sides are a soft cushion where the label is!  Companies need to have that built in or as an option from the get go rather than forcing people to ghetto up their wheels.  I still have to use carpet underlay taped onto my generic EUC for example.  If it had come with removeable panels with built-in comfy cushions it wouldn't look so homebrew. 

uniwheel_side.png

1 minute ago, OliverH said:

But the battery capacity i low. Can't deliver long that peaks.

True. That's my issue with my SW Xtreme. Even thou it is so strong that I can't overpower it, the battery doesn't last very long. 

GotWay Msuper 3 will have a massive battery. A must for all 18" off-road wheels, which the Xtreme unfortunately lacks.

Just now, edwin_rm said:

True. That's my issue with my SW Xtreme. Even thou it is so strong that I can't overpower it, the battery doesn't last very long. 

GotWay Msuper 3 will have a massive battery. A must for all 18" off-road wheels, which the Xtreme unfortunately lacks.

I've seen this SW extremes on tours. Nice to look and in breaks of a tour  immediately on the power plugs to recharge.

@Jane Mo  @Linneaunicycles

Are the MSuper and the latest models a scalable platform like seen in the automotive industry in the last years?

Here's a link to a good overview of some of the different designs available out there.  Not all have small icons, but if you click them it shows the larger photo.  Also, someone please tell them that they are stretching the resolution out too much for the sizes of the photos!  I wish it was more complete though as they are missing KingSong, Uniwheel, etc...

http://www.ewheels.org/catalog/single-wheels

Here's the Solowheel Spirit - one I've never seen before.  It's different and has some sleek styling cues.  If Solowheel could put more focus on function than form I think they'd recapture more of the market considering their high price tags.

solowheel-spirit.png?itok=0vU1be8x

Check out that Mono Electric EUC.  Looks kinda weird.  In this specific case I don't know if I want the brand "Mono" emblazoned on there.

Archived