San Diego, CA

Joe

Hi guys,

New user here looking to get into EUC's from the esk8ing world (the 'thane just isn't cutting it :(). I'm in the Mira Mesa area and want to pick up my first EUC, would any of you guys be willing to to sell a KS 16S or Gotway Tesla? Or anything 16" or 18", really. Thanks!

@gr8ps might sell you his KS16S after he gets his 16X but that is up to him. Maybe @RayRay might upgrade? If you wanted a 14" wheel that might be easier but most of us here in SD (that actively participate) only have one wheel. If you want to test ride one we ( or I ) could help set that up but your best chance of buying used would be through the forum (outside of San Diego). I know @SDmike wants to sell his Segway S(1 or 2?) to try out. If you end up liking it then you could buy new from ewheels or from the forum but at least you will have learned on a "beater" wheel 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Twiggen Riding already?

I haven't gone on group ride for a while, so I wasn't sure.

Sounds serious about joining the club, so I assume he's ridden some....

Edited by RayRay
Sounds like a millenial

17 hours ago, RayRay said:

@Twiggen Riding already?

I haven't gone on group ride for a while, so I wasn't sure.

Sounds serious about joining the club, so I assume he's ridden some....

He is about to buy a wheel if i'm not mistaken

I found someone in the wild at Hillcrest. I chased him down. He was so excited to see another EUC on the road, lol. He has a stable of different wheels, like four or five. I told him about the forum. Hopefully he sees this. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Group ride this Saturday at 9 am at San Dieguito River Park.  About 17 miles on flat dirt trails with some technical rock gardens. PM me if you want to be added to the group text. @Twiggen have you gotten a wheel yet?

See my video 4 posts up for a preview.

19140 W Bernardo Dr, San Diego, CA 92128
https://maps.app.goo.gl/PTns3Je4gnYdp8b56

16 hours ago, Jake Thomas said:

I just got a one wheel XR in SD, who wants to ride!?!?

Hey Jake! I think we talked over the phone (or maybe I’m misremembering). I don’t think I’ll be available to ride for a while but I’m sure others would be down for a ride at some point :)

22 hours ago, Jake Thomas said:

I just got a one wheel XR in SD, who wants to ride!?!?

Go check out facebook. I met a dude from Hillcrest who was on an EUC and he says he rides with the SD onewheel group all the time. 

PSA: We use WhatsApp to organize group rides so please PM me to get added on the group chat. Will still try to post finalized times and destinations here though.

6 hours ago, RayRay said:

Which is worse?

• Rocks you can see (a lot of them)
  • Sand you can't see (almost anywhere)

Sand, unless you have the Z10, then both are fine :thumbup:

I'd rather land in the sand also. It's nice and soft.

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in town for the next 5 nights. Can (group) ride tonight, after 6 or 7pm, and Sunday, Monday and Tuesday evenings if anyone's down. Staying at Hilton Bayfront...get at me if you want to link up...(619)-381-3800

Edited by Rama Douglas

• 2 weeks later...

I saw another euc rider at work in my building's lobby today. (Downtown)

Not sure if he's on the forum yet, but he looks to be a new rider and was trolleying a ks14s.

If I bump into him again, I'll mention our group rides...

Edited by RayRay
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Looks like the last time somebody posted on this topic was a year ago (10/18). Did a San Diego group not materialize, or do I do I need to look for an sd euc  group elsewhere? A year has gone by and I am sure there are new people (like myself) who have purchased an EUC and are itching to take it out on a group ride. Is that possible? Or is this topic on this forum all but dead? 

In the last three months I did purchase a Kingsong 16s. And yes, the learning curve was steep for me. But I wanted to share the best place I found to learn the EUC in San Diego. That place would be (SDCCU) Qualcomm Stadium parking lot. Of course you have to go on a day where there is not an event. Except don't worry about the RV or the used car tent sales, you can still practice. There is also a day where the kids do drag racing on the east side. If you find that, just go on the west side of the stadium. The reason why this place is great is that you have no worries of cars. And because of years of city neglect, the parking lot has lots of cracks, potholes, and weeds growing through the pavement. These are things that you will see on the roads and it is here where you can learn how to handle them. There is also some low grade hills to build your endurance to try a steeper hill. After you build your courage, there is a bike trail on the north east side where you can do some more practice riding. There you will find more cracks, potholes, and homeless people. But look at this as things you find in the street, but this is your training ground. You can train yourself to avoid people, cracks (people on crack) and the like. Trust me the homeless are harmless, no worries. To get there by car, go to the Mission Gorge 24 Hour Fitness. Turn left on the street just north of 24 Hour. Go west on that street and find a place to park. Get on your EUC and continue west go under an over pass and you will be there. Use this playground while its still here because, as you know, that property is slated for development by SDSU. Don't know when they plan to break ground, but big money is riding on that project, so you may have 3-6 months before its gone.

• Like 1

I've been looking for rides our group might enjoy in the South County. Nothing too technical (some of the guys prefer off-road).

I said I'd report back on the "Gravel Loop" that was optional for the 'Bike the Bay' event this year. I made a long video, here's the first part...

Edited by RayRay
Nice paths with a few patches of gravel...
  • Like 2

Last month a buddy and I rode from Balboa Park to Gaslamp Quarter, around Seaport Village, the marina, up through Little Italy, had lunch at Park/El Cajon, then rode around Hillcrest. 

It was a great ride. Balboa Park is awesome on a wheel. There's so much that you'd never see if you were just walking.

The trail to downtown was nice. Even the traffic wasn't too bad, a few zig zags and we were at Horton's Plaza and then the Quarter. 

We took the pedestrian bridge near Petco Park over to the marina and Seaport Village. Not too much to say about Little Italy, we just rolled through. 

The ride had enough variety to keep it interesting and plenty of eye candy. We parked just north of Balboa Park for some free residential parking. 

We're from OC but if anyone organized a ride I'm sure we'd be interested.

Cheers!  :cheers:

@Freewheeler, we used to do balboa park. the bike trails there are pretty nuts but fun. San Diego does have a lot to offer as seen in my youtube videos and instagram posts. In one trip you can see all on downtown, balboa park, beach side cliffs, great off road trails, and scenic "mountain views". We typically organize rides off the forum now because it is quicker to share the info. Next time you are down, please feel free to message me. We typically ride on saturdays as a group once a month but they are often sporadic (due to my poor planning) and everyones availability. Excited for the EUC games to meet more riders that live where I grew up (Orange County).