San Diego, CA

Joe

Had a great time at Balboa Park last weekend. Definitely a tricky ride, but do-able. My tether saved my wheel from rolling down a 150ft canyon. Will probably do another ride shortly after Christmas. PM me if you are interested @gr8ps as well as anyone else.

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I'm done making the longer video of our December group ride. But I'm having difficulty with music. I need four songs. At first I tried Christmas music, then 80's rock, and then beach/California music. Anybody have any recommendations for background music? 

I'll be riding Balboa Park again this Saturday Dec. 22 (sorry for the late notice). Reply of PM me if you want to join. Hope to go in the late morning or soon after lunch time.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:30 PM, Flyboy10 said:

Hey guys, I'm done making the longer video of our December group ride. But I'm having difficulty with music. I need four songs. At first I tried Christmas music, then 80's rock, and then beach/California music. Anybody have any recommendations for background music? 

Any song is fine.  It would be great to see the video of the December ride.  Yeah, we should do another ride in January.  Third week of January?

On 12/23/2018 at 4:42 PM, SDmike said:

Yes that was a lot of fun and challenging ride. Lots of trails to explore around Balboa park. Hope more can join in another ride over the holiday break.

I was out of town on Dec 22 and just got back today.  Sounds like you guys had fun.  :-)

Hey guys, I recently got a 680Wh KS14s and can now go on longer rides. Can I suggest the silver strand bikeway as a possible option. It's flat but should make for some great views. If that is too easy going I suggest some offroading. We could do a quick Balboa Park loop or tackle something in Mission Trails. My only experience is Balboa Park. I'm trying to find a route that gives us a little of both worlds like heading north from point Loma or something like that. Anyways, comment on any thoughts you guys have.

Edited by Flyboy10

Since I got the 14s I no longer need the 14d. I posted it on Facebook and want to keep it local for now. Let me know if you guys know of anyone outside the forum and local who is interested. I'd like $400 obo. All screws have been replaced and loctited. 

For those who are interested in offroading, I'd like to do this trail sometime soon when it doesn't rain on a weekend... 13 miles round-trip. Should be pretty cool if it's not flooded. 

Edited by Flyboy10

Penasquitos looks like a fun ride. Might be muddy this weekend after the Friday night rain. I would be up for a ride Sunday if anybody is up for it. The silver strand bikeway might be fun to try. Let me know if anybody would be up for it. 

On 1/6/2019 at 7:48 PM, Flyboy10 said:

Hey guys, I recently got a 680Wh KS14s and can now go on longer rides. Can I suggest the silver strand bikeway as a possible option. It's flat but should make for some great views. If that is too easy going I suggest some offroading. We could do a quick Balboa Park loop or tackle something in Mission Trails. My only experience is Balboa Park. I'm trying to find a route that gives us a little of both worlds like heading north from point Loma or something like that. Anyways, comment on any thoughts you guys have.

Screenshot_20190106-193539.png

Did you actually try the Silver Strand ride? 

I live in the South Bay, so I'm familiar with that route. (Although, I didn't realize it was 20 miles each way from Chula Vista marina.)

From the starting point you illustrated,  it's a two lane bike path (separated from traffic) all the way to Coronado.

It's a cycling highway. (I've ridden my ebike there a few times...)

On 1/13/2019 at 1:44 PM, RayRay said:

Did you actually try the Silver Strand ride? 

I live in the South Bay, so I'm familiar with that route. (Although, I didn't realize it was 20 miles each way from Chula Vista marina.)

I haven't tried it. It's 20 miles round-trip. 9.3 miles to Coronado, 9.3 miles back. I imagine we would be travelling a little faster than our previous rides. 

Edited by Flyboy10

3 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

I haven't tried it. It's 20 miles round-trip. 9.3 miles to Coronado, 9.3 miles back. I imagine we would be travelling a little faster than our previous rides. 

IMG_20190113_141357_724.jpg

I thought it sounded too long.

I'm not sure where the picture above was taken, but like I said... that whole route is paved. 

There are actually bike paths all around the bayshore, but there is a noticeable gap just before the IB entrance. (Watch out at the entrance because cyclist fly though there all the time...)

Edited by RayRay
Park on the streets near the entrance