San Diego, CA

Joe

@Marty Backe If you recharge during lunch you can go on other rides around here. I just won't be able to join or i'll be grounded. I can send you the routes though. I would sit this one out and wait until I can make a Marty day or a long enough ride to put a dent in your batteries. It's not like the weather is getting worse ;) 

This might be more to @Marty Backe's liking. 50 miles includes: downtown city streets, the longest straight flat road in SD, coronado island, a ferry ride, the embarcadero, lunch, point loma, sunset cliffs, ocean beach, balboa park, and Free Parking! @ZenRyder, we'll have to do this sometime.

https://goo.gl/maps/45KtXzS7Bsa1hMW8A

1696480392_Webp.net-compress-image(5).thumb.jpg.65da9574683600ba0145866aaaffeaac.jpg

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

This might be more to @Marty Backe's liking. 50 miles, a ferry ride, lunch, balboa park, and Free Parking! @ZenRyder, we'll have to do this sometime.

https://goo.gl/maps/45KtXzS7Bsa1hMW8A

Wow, that is a serious tour. I'm in!

We should name these various routes. San Diego Bay Full Loop

Then we could have some regular annual rides and schedule them. I agree with Marty that we should give more advance notice and promote the event so more riders will attend. 

:clap3:

• Like 1

There are many long rides you can do. Another one is to ride to Oceanside, eat lunch and charge, then ride back. A whopping 110 miles.

https://goo.gl/maps/uzxV7Eyryk8AiPv59

Edited by Flyboy10

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

They are named on Facebook. This one has yet to be added because only 4 riders can do it.

You need to make aspirational rides. Many of my rides have motivated people to get bigger wheels so that they can join in :)

I know my philosophy isn't for everyone, but I don't plan my rides for the lowest common denominator. For instance, next years tour might have a minimum requirement of a 2000wh wheel.

• Like 3

OK, I'll be there (unless in the morning Google tells me it'll be a 3-hour drive because of traffic). Hopefully I'll find you guys in the parking lot.

• Like 2

@Marty Backe maybe you can charge during lunch and spend the rest of the time at Lagunas or any other ride you want to explore. You could probably do 2 or 3 of my rides on one charge.Check out the albums on the facebook page. Everything should be there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

@Marty Backe maybe you can charge during lunch and spend the rest of the time at Lagunas or any other ride you want to explore. You could probably do 2 or 3 of my rides on one charge.Check out the albums on the facebook page. Everything should be there.

Thanks, but I'll need to get back home before dark. I'm sure this ride will be interesting enough :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just in case anyone hasn't joined the Facebook group yet, I thought I'd cross post my announcement here. If anyone's interested, the CEO of InMotion is coming to the EUCO headquarters this Sunday, and we're having a meet and greet! Here's the post link for more info: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sandiegoelectricunicycle/permalink/1057824344610058/

Edited by Nick McCutcheon
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, EUCinAsia said:

I'm new here and new to EUC's - looking for people to ride with in the Bonita and Paradise Hills area???  People that would go easy on a old slow guy!!!! Haha!!!!

We need to get you on our telegram group and facebook page, but I'll ride with you. I'm familiar with that area and I'm close by...

• Like 2