Gil

Hi I am using it with AppleWatch (version 1) with Watch OS 3.0. 

It worked better with Watch OS 2.0 as seems that instead of discarding old updates it stores them and plays the updates when the watch turns on so you have a long delay before it begins to show actual data.

I have made some changes but at the moment I am not satisfied. I am researching which is the real problem.

Try to stop the watch application (Push the right button in the application till the stop dialog, then push it again till the application quits http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/apple/how-force-quit-apple-watch-app-3611762/)

then restart the watch application.

Also go with last WatchOS update. First WOS 3.0 had more delay.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Paco Gorina said:

Try to stop the watch application (Push the right button in the application till the stop dialog, then push it again till the application quits http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/apple/how-force-quit-apple-watch-app-3611762/)

Thank you for suggestions! Although they didn't help yet. I use 3.0 (14S326) version, it seems to be the latest stable release. The trick above doesn't work on my Watch anymore. I have to use its modified version: the second long-press have to be done on the Digital Crown instead of the right button, otherwise the SOS emergency call will be placed (or nothing happens if SOS calls are disabled).

One more thing: Please don't make the battery percentage in red color when it's low. Small red digits are much worse for an eye to see, they blur too much. If you still want to use red, please make it not as solid as it is now. Just make it slightly reddish, it would be enough for a rider to notice and it wouldn't blur out. In addition, I would suggest to enlarge the battery percentage font, it is too tiny. 

Thank you for your suggestions. I amb looking to the problem ans I thing I have the reason. Seems than the AppleWatch Extension in WOS3.0, when sends data to the screen (change a label) may be very slow. So you should test if something changes, etc.

I will try it today to see if it is OK.

Interesting the Red situation, never thought about it. Will look to another solution. in fact probably battery level should be the most important indicator in the watch as is the most important for security, planning the route, ...

9 hours ago, Paco Gorina said:

in fact probably battery level should be the most important indicator in the watch as is the most important for security, planning the route, ...

Absolutely agree with you! Here it comes another suggestion: if a user taps on a value - it has to go fullscreen, another tap should go back to multiple values screen. 

PS: I've tested your app on the latest watchOS 3.1b3 - the same behavior as on watchOS 3.0, slow, hanging, need to be updated manually.

PS2: I've noticed that when the screen updating is alive, the battery indicator updates much faster than the speed data which generates the highest data flow and lags. 

I have marde some changes. Seems it is not posible to have always fast updates. When iPhone is sleeping it seems to lag some seconds. Anyway it is much better now. Will implement your Only One Value idea before sending new version. Seems very good!!!

I wonder if there is a distance limit on the app.  I uninstalled and installed the latest version.  Today I went for my usual run, but 3/4 of the way back I checked the app, and it was on the blank screen with the new run button once again.  Does it run out of buffer memory maybe?  My total ride is about 18-20 km.  Today I hit the low battery warning about 150 m from home.

On 23.10.2016 at 10:43 AM, Paco Gorina said:

Will implement your Only One Value idea before sending new version.

Maybe even more elegant way: when a user makes a swipe from a corner to the center - that value goes to the center in a big font. When he(she) drags it back - it goes back to its corner. 

But after double-tapping on a central value it has to remain all alone on the screen with the biggest font possible (maybe it will be updated faster when other values don't go to the screen at all and just go to dev/null instead).

On 10/24/2016 at 0:21 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I wonder if there is a distance limit on the app.  I uninstalled and installed the latest version.  Today I went for my usual run, but 3/4 of the way back I checked the app, and it was on the blank screen with the new run button once again.  Does it run out of buffer memory maybe?  My total ride is about 18-20 km.  Today I hit the low battery warning about 150 m from home.

On 10/25/2016 at 9:20 AM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I'm using a 64 GB iPhone 6 with 40.3 GB space available.  Have you tried it with a 18 km run?  Very strange.

Same thing happened to me. I did a long run of about 23km and when I checked around 14Km, it was still recording. Somewhere after that, close to 20km it showed "New Run" with the existing run data missing.

Also using iPhone 6 64GB with large empty capacity.

Ok, so it seems the problem is not with the total memory of iPhone but with the RAM. Will add an autosave/purge old data in next version. That should solve the problem.

No unfortunately my Ninebot One will finish batteries before the 28 km.:(

Also detected that AppleWatch is slow refreshing when the iPhone is locked and probably the application is in background. There is a trade between battery usage and refreshing speed.  Will try it and if it is this I will put a preference so every user may select the tradeof he is confortable with.

Here is a new 4.04 version of the GNUPlot script file. The previous 4.03 version wrongly computed the average speed.

I also uploaded a cmd file that I associated to 9bz extension. I just have to click on a 9bz file to get the file moved in the right place, decompressed then plotted by GNUPlot. Specific locations are stored at the beginning of the cmd file.

9b-V4.04.dem

ExtractAndDisplay9bz.cmd

On 10/29/2016 at 10:19 PM, Paco Gorina said:

Ok, so it seems the problem is not with the total memory of iPhone but with the RAM. Will add an autosave/purge old data in next version. That should solve the problem.

I don't know programming under IOS but, as a former C Language programmer, I suppose that you allocate memory to your program or that there is a default documented memory allocation for IOS apps. In such a case, it would be better to compute the maximum size of data you can keep in memory instead of "guessing" it. This would avoid random bugs linked to execution conditions of the app.

Well it is more fluid. When the system needs memory looks first at background applications and usually kills the one with more memory.

With a iPhone 6S or more with 2gb of RAM never a problem but with other older devices with 1gb of Ram everything is a little tight.

So I am writing code to write to the file system every x seconds and delicte the written detailed data.

It will be slower but probably will be acceptable .

The other problem is that you may program to get GPS data when the GPS chip is full or every x meters or y seconds. That means the system wakes the application periodically.. Reducing distance or time will get mor updates but need more battery.

Well we'll see if with the autosaving things go better. As explained, there is not a single reason, depends if you make a photograph, receive a call, etc... 

I have a (non public) program for trekking, skiing, running that had same problem. Finally I split it between a very simple recording program that wrote directly to the filesystem and an analysis program for reading a viewing data but hope it won't be necessary.

I see this app now supports Gotway wheels, but I can't find documentation on how you get it to work with a non-Ninebot wheel?  I installed it but it doesn't seem to be talking to the MSuper.  I also have the Ninebot app on my phone, can that cause a conflict?

5 hours ago, Duf said:

I see this app now supports Gotway wheels, but I can't find documentation on how you get it to work with a non-Ninebot wheel?  I installed it but it doesn't seem to be talking to the MSuper.  I also have the Ninebot app on my phone, can that cause a conflict?

It should work for none NB ways exactly the same way.

As far as i remember, somwhere (cannot find the thread anymore) connection problems with KS were reported, if a ninebot UUID (bluetooth identifier for automatic connection) was already saved in the App. The solution was to "delete ninebot uuid" and then connect to the new wheel. (Click on the gearwheel in the lower left corner of the mainscreen of 9BMetrics, choose "Settings" and then "Delete Ninebot UUID")

But still a new connection to a new non NB wheel could take some tries...

That's about what i remember from the previous thread - hope this is still "the solution" and helps you getting started.

an installed ninebot app does not interfere in any way.

ps.: Gotway changed imho the protocoll some time ago to ?BLE? and 9BMetrics can only connect to the newer Protocoll? Could maybe a reason the app does not find your MSuper? V3's should work.

6 hours ago, Chriull said:

ps.: Gotway changed imho the protocoll some time ago to ?BLE? and 9BMetrics can only connect to the newer Protocoll? Could maybe a reason the app does not find your MSuper? V3's should work.

v3 does work here.

On 9/29/2016 at 9:44 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If anyone's interested here's a couple recordings I made of a run.  I broke it up into two recordings as I don't think the app can record the entire trip.  I seem to be hitting 26 KPH at times.  That 1845 watt reading for the maximum power is interesting.

PART 1

Run_1.jpg

PART 2

run_2.jpg

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love that app is too much for what I want, do you know of another app for ninebot that shows top speed reached?

If you look at the speed graph (click the photo for an enlarged image), you will see it records the maximum speed.  Give the app a try!  It's pretty easy to use.  I just grouped all the graphs together into one image.  On the actual app you top the area of interest from the main readout page and swipe I think to see the details.  I haven't used it for quite some time, but I think that's how it works.

When you first run it, you select the wheel you want to pair it up with.  Once it's running you will see a rotating stop button.  Go for your ride.  Even if you turn off your phone temporarily the app still runs in the background.  Once your ride is finished, click the rotating stop button to save.  You can then select the file to look at, and all the corresponding graphs one at a time.

i have sent o AppStore the new version (2.4) It solves some selection problems ans should make it more easy to connect to new wheels ans also and most important, ir supports InMotion EUC's. 

Also there is a check in settings that stops iPhone Sleep Mode while recording. That means better sampling, not being in the list of applications to kill if memory is low and not having to unlock the iPhone to look at it. Unfortunately it has some drawbacks as more batery consumption (you may reduce  screen brightness to alleviate a little) and less security if yout iPhone  is lost.

Another interesting new option is is AppleWatch. A Click in battery or temperature swaps it with speed as the main quantity. That allows to monitor easily the quantity you want. Specially important if you have some sight problems.

For InMotion users, sampling frequency is now very low and there are somm disconnections. They also happen in the official application which also has low sampling frequency. I need more tests to get the perfect point and see which is the best value.

Also all feedback is welcome as my access to non Ninebot One wheels is somewhat limited.

Archived