Gil

What type of none other you are trying to connect?  Also when you connect, do the ride and afterwards must disconnect or saving things are a bit random. That is when you finish click the recording button to return to the list. If you stop the wheel hug not the recording it waits for the wheel to reconnect or the application get killed by the OS. In that moment it may or may not save depending many things. So to be sure always stop recording when fí insisted.

I have had some crashes while recording but too few to have then pinned down. 

If your behaviour persists, please post versions of iOS and 9BMetrics.  

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, I realized that turning off the bot before hitting the stop button in the app results in nothing saved.  I did that after doing a 14 km ride losing the data file.  It also seems that the data files disappear randomly.  Today I went for a 20 km non-stop ride, and I checked a couple of times durng the ride that the app was still running which it was.  I hit the low battery tiltback near the end of my run.  I do not have a Bluetooth pin code programmed, and I did not have my Ninebot One app running while 9bmetrics was running.

When I got home I also made sure to try to stop the app before turning off my bot, but when I went to do so the app was stopped already on a blank screen with "new run" showing on the upper right corner so it didn't work again.  I'm on an iPhone 6 with iOS 9.3.5 with a fresh hard reboot (powered off and on).  I am running 1.2.5 Ninebot firmware on my Ninebot One E+.  I did manage to get one run recorded, but the data didn't seem correct for some reason.  Oh well I'll try it again next time, and maybe do a save halfway through my trip.  I do have the app set to full location access.

One thing might be that my battery was low so maybe it shut down the Bluetooth signal automatically so the 9Bmetrics app disconnected and couldn't reconnect.  Can you not make the app auto save on BT disconnect and maybe append onto the data file on reconnect?  At least that way you have some data that can be looked at.  I sort of wanted to see what the low battery state voltages werr like so that's why I ran the wheel almost to empty.

EDIT: okay here's the results of the one 14 km run I was able to save from before, but the data looks a little weird to me?  I'm pretty sure it took more than 2 seconds, and I wasn't riding backwards at 1.0 km/h!

NB1_chart.png

On 7/30/2016 at 0:09 AM, Gil said:

On the opposite, the .dem script is heavily bugged. A code review by a gnuplot connoisseur would be welcome...

The script to be used with gnuplot (.dem file) is heavily bugged. That's why you have so odd results. @Chriullis the master of gnuplot scripts and his help would be so precious!

3 hours ago, Gil said:

The script to be used with gnuplot (.dem file) is heavily bugged. That's why you have so odd results. @Chriullis the master of gnuplot scripts and his help would be so precious!

If you send me some problematic log files i can take a look at them and hopefully fix the bugs in around 2 weeks.

unfortionately i am no ninebot driver anymore and i did not find my time to add ks16 logging to 9bmetrics. So i am not up to date to the dem script bugs, log file changes and so on...

but as it seems @Paco Gorinais about to implement/publish KS16 logging!

Yes I may sabé on Bluetooth disconnect but usual la 9BMetrics tries to reconnect so if you stop the wheel go shopping and continue it recovers.

Anyway will try a look to make partial saves and when you restart see if there is something hanged and recover it. Next version is near but I upgrade d my iPhone to OS10 and had to modify t'ha source code to XCode 8 and Swift 3 (and also including multi wheel code.)

On 18.9.2016 at 8:16 PM, Paco Gorina said:

ok  I have near la finished Gotaway and KingSong suport. Unfortunately changes in Xcode 8 and Swift3 have needed some Atention

Do you need help/ tester? I've a KS16 and an ACM over here as well iPhone with iOS 10 and Apple Watch Series 2 38 and 42 mm. Give me a kick if I can help..

My wheel seems to loose BT connection after a long run, but I managed to do a couple of saves during my trip to capture some data.  All seemed to be working well, but my last segment of my run was not captured with the app going to the list of save data files page.  Thanks for the handy app Paco!

Here's some charts.  I'm not sure how accurate that speed reading is?  :blink:

IMG_2112.png

IMG_2113.png

IMG_2114.png

IMG_2115.png

IMG_2116.png

IMG_2117.png

IMG_2118.png

IMG_2119.png

On 9/20/2016 at 0:47 AM, Chriull said:

If you send me some problematic log files i can take a look at them and hopefully fix the bugs in around 2 weeks.

unfortionately i am no ninebot driver anymore and i did not find my time to add ks16 logging to 9bmetrics. So i am not up to date to the dem script bugs, log file changes and so on...

but as it seems @Paco Gorinais about to implement/publish KS16 logging!

Hello,

I tried to adapt your former .dem script to the new 9BMetrics but I am not familiar with GNUPLOT scripts, I could not solve some issues (scales, etc.). You will find one attached log file (to be unzipped with conventional winzip or 7zip) and my awful script.

If you could have a look, it would be a great help.

20160723_215923.9bz

9b-V4.01.dem

@Chriull: First of all, thank you very much for this help. Some things came back to normal (scales) but I get odd things. Error messages in the DOS box and erroneous indications at the top right.

Capture.JPG

If anyone's interested here's a couple recordings I made of a run.  I broke it up into two recordings as I don't think the app can record the entire trip.  I seem to be hitting 26 KPH at times.  That 1845 watt reading for the maximum power is interesting.

PART 1

Run_1.jpg

PART 2

run_2.jpg

On 29.9.2016 at 10:26 PM, Gil said:

@Chriull: First of all, thank you very much for this help. Some things came back to normal (scales) but I get odd things. Error messages in the DOS box and erroneous indications at the top right.

i removed the use_columnheader - was set to 0, so gnuplot tried to call head which is not installed on your system).

9b-V4.03.dem

Edit:

Made a new Version: 9b-V4.04.dem

- Nicer formating of scaling factor, Labels with units, Each Label can be customized, Script file now encoded in ANSI instead of UTF8 (so one sees the ° character with windows, for Linux maybe a reconversion to UTF8 is needed?)

- Seems to work nice with KS16 logs, too.

Thanks for the tests. I have already tested the Gotway support and will send it to the AppleStore today (with some improvements for everybody).

Unfortunately we are limited by the information sent by the wheel controller. Ex. Kingsong doesn't send the direction of the current so I have no way of knowing whent it is charging or discharging the battery.

Also there is a big difference in distance from the kingsong and the GPS. In next version will try an autocalibrating algorithm so expect those 30 km/h to decrease to 25 km/h.

1 hour ago, Paco Gorina said:

Also there is a big difference in distance from the kingsong and the GPS. In next version will try an autocalibrating algorithm so expect those 30 km/h to decrease to 25 km/h.

As far as i know only the "distance/range" does not work correctly on Kingsongs....

But the Speed -kmh- is correct....

• 2 weeks later...

May I ask the author for a piece of advice to get the app to work on Apple Watch S2 please! The app on the WatchOS 3.0 stops updating data in a few seconds after connecting iPhone to the wheel. iPhone app works perfectly but its Apple Watch counterpart keeps showing old data for a long time. Occasionally it starts updating again but stops in a few seconds.

9b1 e+ 1.4

WatchOS 3.0

Archived