Gil

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paco,

1)  I installed the new app on my iPhone but it crashes as soon as I click on the Bluetooth name of my V8. Last IOS version on a 64GB iPhone 6. One detail : I have set a pin one on my V8

2) As 9BMetrics is now multi-brand,  perhaps could you create a brand indépendant topic? 

Gil

Thanks for the information. It may crash with a v8. The code I had didn't consider it so it is posible to have some problems.

I don't think has any relation with a Bluetooth PIN as it is managed by the system but if it is a specific InMotion pin could be. 

I need acces to a v8 to test it. Will try to get access to one.

Regarding the name yes, coud be eucmetrics or gyrometrics but I must  look as how to change the name of the Application in AppStore without loosing all the history

Made some tests with the V8. Problem was because it is sending a strange answer when I ask for the serial number. Bypassing it works perfectly well.

I doesn't update the temperature field but that's normal as I don't know where to get it or if it is possible.

Only problem bypassing serial number is that probably battery voltage calibration will be bad as Inmotion has a case with different coefficients for different models. Will see if I may solve something more if they let me the V8 more time. If not will post a new version with the serial number reading bypassed. At least will be possible to use it.

By the way it would definitely be  GyroMetrics but files will continue to be .9bm and .9bz for compatibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok that's done, 9BMetrics is now GyroMetrics. New version with a patch so V8 connects. @Gil may you check if new version works?. Seems there is a change in V8 sending serial number that messed all. I just bypased ity so you may test it :)

- For Ninebot Users 

1. You may enable or disable speed limit from settings while connected
  2. You may lock / unlock wheel when connected
  3. From the watch you may lock / unlock the weel by doing hard press and selectiong the option in the menu

- For KingSong Users

1. Now horn works from the watch. Just a double tap in the center field and should play it

- For InMotion Users (all beta features, sorry my accesibility is rare)

1. Disabled serial number checking. Should connect with V8
  2. Lock / Unlock may or may not work as explained for Ninebot Users

- For everybody

1. Python Scripts that work in Pythonista and in normal desktop environments (They work in the iPhone :)) for plotting data directly from new .9bz archives. Will put them in the GyroMetrics topic

Working in new features :

1. Current visible in the watch, color shows direction
  2. Battery color will change to orange in phone and watch if battery level > 90% and current is < 0
  3. Other features :
    1. Incremental saving - So if application crashes ypu don't loose all data
    2. Autocalibration of distance and speed

Will create new GyroMetrics topic and pou

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2016 at 10:51 PM, Gil said:

Hi Paco,

1)  I installed the new app on my iPhone but it crashes as soon as I click on the Bluetooth name of my V8. Last IOS version on a 64GB iPhone 6. One detail : I have set a pin one on my V8

2) As 9BMetrics is now multi-brand,  perhaps could you create a brand indépendant topic? 

Gil

Gyrometrics new version should go OK with the v8. Please remember set the PIN or 000000 in the password field in the settings

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Radislav said:

The app works fine with AppleWatch 2 until Ninebot One E+ doesn't have bluetooth code. Max delay for data transfer is 2-3 sec. 

Once I set a bluetooth code to my 9b1 - it stops updating data on my AppleWatch 2.

That's really strange. Anyway there is a known problem with bluetooh code connections in iOS :

- You connect and all is OK

- If there is a disconnect and the phone tries to reconnect automatically it fails the identification

It is not a problkem of Gyrometrics or Applewatch or Ninebot. Seems quite general.

Anyway your problem is curious. Willt ry wit AW 1 and see

• 6 months later...
7 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Does anyone know what the link between DarknessBot iOS app and this one is?

What kind of link do you mean or have in mind?

Gyrometrics (former 9bmetrics) was developed quite earlier (at least much earlier known here) and is available as ?open? source code on github. Could be that the developer of darknessbot ios took some code or some inspirations from gyrometrics - maybe also not. I could not think of any other link, if there is any at all?

Well DarknessBot states in the credits that they use 9bmetrics, but I don't know if they are related somehow. It's just that the more basic Gyrometrics app is free, while the other has some in apps purchases. I'd rather give my money to the people that took the time to reverse engineer all this than to the people that put some nice skinning on top :) 

7 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Well DarknessBot states in the credits that they use 9bmetrics, but I don't know if they are related somehow.

No - both developers are not related ( at least their accounts did not state anything like this around here)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 06.08.2017 at 1:56 PM, ir_fuel said:

Does anyone know what the link between DarknessBot iOS app and this one is?

So, I founded sources of 9BMetrics in April 2016. In May 2016 DarknessBot was started development with using BT protocol of 9BMetrics.

@Paco Gorina Thanks again

• 1 year later...

Archived