Commander GT PRO - 168V 20" 3000wh

Ronin

1 hour ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Makes sense! I'm on the same page @onewheelkoregro. What matters is to enjoy the ride!

Sure I agree, but at the same time you are supporting that 70mph world record nonsense. 😁

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Sure I agree, but at the same time you are supporting that 70mph world record nonsense. 😁

I get where he's coming from. I used to hear about GPS speed and think " relax buddy, top speed is like 40mph, even if it's 10% off, I'm still going 36, that's close enough " but because of how percentages work the faster the top speed, in this case 70, being not 10% but ~15% off means 70/100*85= 59.5mph...

In the past the overreporting percentages were lower, and the top speeds were lower, making the overreporting in mph negligible, however in 2024 with much higher top speeds and higher overreporting percentages it's now a matter of importance. Because if you end up spending 4-5000$ on a "70mph" wheel only to find it's really a 59.5mph wheel that's simply unacceptable. 

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

🙄You seem to consider me as a @Hsiang proxy....weird... 

Meanwhile he's at ~11k views and counting in 2 days. And it is difficult to make views with the Gt Pro. .. Numbers speak louder. Whatever is said here has very small chances to change his way of doing things. The sayers are definitely not the doers. I'm always supportive of people deciding to not watch if a video doesn't fit personal beliefs. ~11k views in 2 days, the mass has spoken though, and likely doesn't share the same concerns. Have a good one 👋

Edited by Ronin Ryder

9 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Is the GPS radar "faulty" too?

For the record, the radar speed sign does not use GPS to calculate the speed in which the car/object is approaching it. So the video is a bit mislabeled. The radar is the most accurate way of recording the speed in which an abject is moving towards or away from it's fixed position. It transmits a signal and records how long it takes to receive that signal back. That's why such a devices measurement is admissible in court. GPS uses satellite triangulation making it susceptible to many different things that can cause interference. IMO i think the radar sign is the best way to determine how far off the wheel is reporting. GPS works also but it's slow to react and susceptible to interference. My v13 seems to be consistently over reporting by 5mph even at 50+mph

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

🙄You seem to consider me as a @Hsiang proxy....weird... 

Meanwhile he's at ~11k views and counting in 2 days. And it is difficult to make views with the Gt Pro. .. Numbers speak louder. Whatever is said here has very small chances to change his way of doing things. The sayers are definitely not the doers. I'm always supportive of people deciding to not watch if a video doesn't fit personal beliefs. ~11k views in 2 days, the mass has spoken though, and likely doesn't share the same concerns. Have a good one 👋

How many views a YouTube video gets has to do with a lot of things, whether or not the viewers agree or disagree about an argument taking place on a separate website, about the nature of overreporting mph's on modern EUC, surely has almost no impact on views. But even if 95% of the viewers of that video agreed with your side of the debate, that still doesn't mean that they are right. It's a logic fallacy.
Prevalent proof fallacy - Using consensus or majority vote as evidence of truthfulness, often without regard for expert opinion
How fast the wheel went is a matter of indisputable fact. Which method we use to measure speed on EUC is still up for debate (wheel speed vs GPS speed)

Straw man fallacy – refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion, while not recognizing or acknowledging the distinction. He never said that he considers you a proxy or a shill or anything along those lines. Everyone on this forum like and appreciate Hsiang for everything he has done and keeps doing for the community.  All he DID say is that you are supporting this " 70 mph world record " which you are, and there are many good arguments on your side of the debate. One of which is the fact the EUC speed world records have historically always been measured by app (wheel speed), and so there's an argument that nothing's changed and that we've always been reporting false world records, and I'd love to hear more arguments from the " pro wheel speed " side of the debate, even if my opinion has shifted to the other side of the debate isle.. 

I respect you as a content creator and watch all your videos, and as good as you are at making those I hope you hold yourself to those same high standards when it comes to debates, on this very friendly forum, since any hostility you've experienced in this debate, has merely been scrutiny misunderstood as hostility and accusation.

Best regards

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, xiiijojjo said:

How many views a YouTube video gets has to do with a lot of things, whether or not the viewers agree or disagree about an argument taking place on a separate website, about the nature of overreporting mph's on modern EUC, surely has almost no impact on views. But even if 95% of the viewers of that video agreed with your side of the debate, that still doesn't mean that they are right. It's a logic fallacy.
Prevalent proof fallacy - Using consensus or majority vote as evidence of truthfulness, often without regard for expert opinion
How fast the wheel went is a matter of indisputable fact. Which method we use to measure speed on EUC is still up for debate (wheel speed vs GPS speed)

Straw man fallacy – refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion, while not recognizing or acknowledging the distinction. He never said that he considers you a proxy or a shill or anything along those lines. Everyone on this forum like and appreciate Hsiang for everything he has done and keeps doing for the community.  All he DID say is that you are supporting this " 70 mph world record " which you are, and there are many good arguments on your side of the debate. One of which is the fact the EUC speed world records have historically always been measured by app (wheel speed), and so there's an argument that nothing's changed and that we've always been reporting false world records, and I'd love to hear more arguments from the " pro wheel speed " side of the debate, even if my opinion has shifted to the other side of the debate isle.. 

I respect you as a content creator and watch all your videos, and as good as you are at making those I hope you hold yourself to those same high standards when it comes to debates, on this very friendly forum, since any hostility you've experienced in this debate, has merely been scrutiny misunderstood as hostility and accusation.

Best regards

Thanks for your message. At last someone civilized. Don't worry for the hostility, I already identified the behavior of a few individuals in this thread long ago before this topic. I'm not surprised and couldn't care less.

U didn't understand what I meant with my previous post. I meant that people can think they are in the right (in their world), they can complain about it, on fb, telegram, youtube, here, be hostile, GPS-explain, treating me as a Hsiang proxy(weird), etc...it will have 0 effect, like.. None. They are just wasting their time and energy. Hsiang will continue to go wheel speed, because it makes views. Like I said earlier, no one has a say to what a person can or cannot do in his creative process. Save your energy. I tried to debate, explain why one would want to do wheel speed, but it was a one sided thing, debating became impossible, so i went directly to the conclusion of what is likely going to happen (imo). Hsiang will continue to do wheel speed, its quite amazing how this noise has no reach at all when you think about it. But why? because in reality, we are talking of 10..maybe 20 GPS nerds vocally mad about it, out of thousands and thousands of viewers who don't care...It's microscopic... But if one doesn't like it, YouTube is flooded with euc videos, just pick your preferred one. No need to complain, it just contributes to the video being more referenced. Controversy is a powerful tool to make views. Again, 11k...no..now 13k views in 2 days on a wheel with a low hype..nuff said.

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Thanks for your message. At last someone civilized. Don't worry for the hostility, I already identified the behavior of a few individuals in this thread long ago before this topic. I'm not surprised and couldn't care less.

U didn't understand what I meant with my previous post. I meant that people can think they are in the right (in their world), they can complain about it, on fb, telegram, youtube, here, be hostile, GPS-explain, treating me as a Hsiang proxy(weird), etc...it will have 0 effect, like.. None. They are just wasting their time and energy. Hsiang will continue to go wheel speed, and why? Because it makes views. Like I said earlier, no one has a say to what a person can or cannot do in his creative process. Save your energy. I tried to debate but it's a one sided thing, debating became impossible, so i went directly to the conclusion. Hsiang will continue to do wheel speed, its amazing how this has no reach at all. One doesn't like it, YouTube is flooded with euc videos, just pick your preferred one. No need to complain, it just contributes to the video being more referenced. Controversy is a powerful tool to make views. Again, 11k...no..now 13k views in 2 days on a wheel with a low hype..nuff said.

Well, to me it just seems that there's been a misunderstanding. You seem to only concern yourself about the debate of whether or not, as a content creator on YT, if it's okay to cite wheel speed (in this case 70mph) in titles and thumbnails. That debate is related to the main one taking place, which I understood to be about if we as consumers/forum-goers should rethink the way me measure and report speeds, on this forum and in general. 
I think most of the people on the pro-"real speed" (gps) side, myself included, would love to live in a world where ALL the EUC youtubers reported real speed in thumbnails and titles, and the EUC YT community is small enough, and most use this forum, so we could still pull it off... Now I can't speak for the others, but I personally understand why that probably won't happen, since bigger number = more clickable. 
I can certainly understand how filming the wheel speed on the EUC screen + app is a lot better as a content creator, as GPS has delay and doesn't update as many times per second as the EUC screen/app. GPS also doesn't work in the cutout tunnel :D One compromise would be adjusting the reported speed (possible in EUCWorld I think) and only filming the app, rather than the EUC screen.

This is where the main misunderstanding happened. I think, you thought people were arguing against your or Hsiang's usage of wheel speed in thumbnails or titles as content creators. When really we were presenting arguments for why we as a forum/community should start reconsidering how we measure and report speeds. Sure it would be great if we could get the content creators on the forum to help educate people about wheel speed vs real speed, but at the same time I don't expect that, because honestly the EUC YT content creators don't owe us doing that. They have their own motivations for making content, and for some their YouTube channel is also a business and so they have further incentives for using wheel speed. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

As a YT content creator, isn't it of paramount importance to share the most factually accurate information whenever possible - especially when your content is potentially used in making a buying decision?

Secondly, are viewership numbers a justification of knowingly spreading inaccurate information?

Sir, with this tone, are you implying that i give inaccurate informations in my videos (and that by opposition, you don't)?

Edited by Ronin Ryder

Mods say: Guys, you are staying on topic, right?

(Should the speed measurement discussion be split off? It pertains to the GT Pro, but also would work as its own thread. Not sure what is better.)

• Like 1

Can we get this topic back on track please...

No offense to anyone here, but take your beef to private message. 

Not singling anyone out here. But I think we have enough comments about this now.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

(Should the speed measurement discussion be split off? It pertains to the GT Pro, but also would work as its own thread. Not sure what is better.)

Should remove everything that is not GT PRO focused. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Well since you asked, only if you also split off the videos that triggered the discussion, but I think we're done with the discussion by now so can leave it here?😋

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The GT Pro and GT Pro+ are outwardly the same, right? I mean the size of the battery casings.

Is the case partly empty on the GT Pro? It can hold 240 cells (GT Pro+), but only holds 160 (GT Pro)?

Or are are there different dimensions somewhere?

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The GT Pro and GT Pro+ are outwardly the same, right? I mean the size of the battery casings.

Is the case partly empty on the GT Pro? It can hold 240 cells (GT Pro+), but only holds 160 (GT Pro)?

Or are are there different dimensions somewhere?

I discussed this issues in thread of Sherman L, someone said GT pro plus use the same casings. As a result, the size of GT pro is same as GT pro plus. However, I am doubt for this. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, YCC said:

I discussed this issues in thread of Sherman L, someone said GT pro plus use the same casings. As a result, the size of GT pro is same as GT pro plus. However, I am doubt for this. 

The gt pro+ uses the same casing 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious that among these three wheel, GT pro, ET max, and Blitz, which wheel will win the speed racing.

• 4 weeks later...

@Seba I see that EucWorld does not as yet support the GT Pro Plus.   I am using the GT Pro profile.  When you officially add the GT Pro Plus how do I change the profile I am currently using?  The dialog box that popped up the first time I connected the wheel to the app does not appear again.  How can I switch the wheel I selected?  Great app btw. 

Thanks! 

53 minutes ago, Paradox said:

@Seba I see that EucWorld does not as yet support the GT Pro Plus.   I am using the GT Pro profile.  When you officially add the GT Pro Plus how do I change the profile I am currently using?  The dialog box that popped up the first time I connected the wheel to the app does not appear again.  How can I switch the wheel I selected?  Great app btw. 

Thanks! 

The only difference is the battery size right?

1 hour ago, onewheelkoregro said:

The only difference is the battery size right?

There could be something more than just battery size.  The Plus weighs 20.5lbs more than the regular GT Pro.  Looks identical though.

image.thumb.png.0d854e729398a2c335244eed0545727c.png

Edited by Paradox
  • Like 1