The Photo Thread

SlowMo

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Bob Eisenman 30 miles range for 1600Wh, even in these cold temps? Seems low. Are you going very fast?

At 20% battery and at about 34 miles (55 km) the beep warnings (triple) start to become a problem on the slightest of inclines. Speed is either 24 or 27 kph. Rider weight is 220 lbs. I've never ridden the battery below 20%.

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I got geared up today anticipating taking the Tesla for it’s first major ride. My wife arrived home early and realized I was going riding. She did not see Tesla but was really pissed! I climbed into the truck and got halfway to the park and then turned around. Having a major fight this weekend was just not worth it. 

41436766881_05e75b5f5d_b.jpg

So what does it take for you to be allowed to ride again? There must be some way to compromise or?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So what does it take for you to be allowed to ride again? There must be some way to compromise or?

We spoke. She wants the physician’s clearance which will hopefully happen after my next xray May 11th.  I will still continue to putt around the parking lot at work. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

We spoke. She wants the physician’s clearance which will hopefully happen after my next xray May 11th.  I will still continue to putt around the parking lot at work. 

Well I am not to judge. But does she have a point?

I am myself combating with my body telling me not to train too hard. But I want to master my EUC to communit to work...I am making progress but I still have far to have my "mount everest"-challange I had set to myself. However 3 weeks ago my balance was so poor I couldn't stand on one legs (rather left or right) to put on my socks. 

Tomorrow I hope we escape the showers forecasted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:
1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I got geared up today anticipating taking the Tesla for it’s first major ride. My wife arrived home early and realized I was going riding. She did not see Tesla but was really pissed! I climbed into the truck and got halfway to the park and then turned around. Having a major fight this weekend was just not worth it. 

That helmet looks interesting (I'm still on the hunt for the perfect helmet). It looks like it has a built-in visor. What's the make & model?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That helmet looks interesting (I'm still on the hunt for the perfect helmet). It looks like it has a built-in visor. What's the make & model?

It is the new Giro Vanquish in Matte Black with no flashy side logo. It falls between an off road and bicycle helmet. I wanted something less intimidating when riding in the parks and on sidewalks. Since I plan to slow down at bit it should protect my noggin in a fall. Not cheap but it feels and fits great. The visor/ goggle is held on by a magnet strip.  I also integrated a Marty RV Mirror into the helmet which required a minor modification but it looks built into the design.  I’ll get a photo tomorrow. https://www.amazon.com/Giro-Vanquish-Helmet-Matte-Firechrome/dp/B075RSKGSS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1523658095&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Giro+vanquish&psc=1&smid=A17U4P8R5Y7PAH

39629600940_3eede66c0a_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Well I am not to judge. But does she have a point?

She does have a point....but...... I hate points! ;)

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am making progress but I still have far to have my "mount everest"-challange I had set to myself. However 3 weeks ago my balance was so poor I couldn't stand on one legs (rather left or right) to put on my socks. 

We have all been there. Your slow methodical training is working! That’s all that matters!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You should have said, "No honey, I'm just on the way to go buy you a nice bouquet of flowers and some expensive jewelry from the rough side of town.  :innocent1:  I know how concerned you are about my health so I thought I'd just suit up for safety.  That's all."  :whistling: "I'll be right back in about an hour to give you that back and foot massage as well!  Toodles!"

Practice that same stance (*sans Telsa) when you present her with that new diamond encrusted anniversary ring, and she'll be putty in your hands.  :wub:  Really, wimmin dig that crap.  Go figure.  :P

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Check out the Giro video for this...

If we Photoshop it onto Marty, from 0.10s to 0.16s it would look awesome!

I don’t think the Giro comes in XLG.:laughbounce2:

28 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You should have said, "No honey, I'm just on the way to go buy you a nice bouquet of flowers and some expensive jewelry from the rough side of town.  :innocent1:  I know how concerned you are about my health so I thought I'd just suit up for safety.  That's all."  :whistling: "I'll be right back in about an hour to give you that back and foot massage as well!  Toodles!"

Practice that same stance when you present her with that new diamond encrusted anniversary ring, and she'll be putty in your hands.  :wub:  Really, wimmin dig that crap.  Go figure.  :P

Are the women in Canada that easily deluded? I should move to your part of town.  ;)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Are the women in Canada that easily deluded? I should move to your part of town.  ;)

Ya gotta pick your women carefully.  Choose only the dumb ones with the big      eyes who fall for that kind of stuff, and you're golden.  :efef927839:  Avoid those pesky smarty pants women who only are concerned about your safety, blah blah blah, permanent disability, blah blah, possible appendage amputation, blah blah, and all that other non-sense.  Women should respect a man's right to live free and do whatever they want even though it could mean serious permanent damage to an already injured arm and need for repeated surgery.  We men live for pain!  Bring it on!  

:efef2e0fff:   Ah...then again, hmmm, hate to say it, but maybe your wife does have a point... 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

It is the new Giro Vanquish in Matte Black with no flashy side logo. It falls between an off road and bicycle helmet. I wanted something less intimidating when riding in the parks and on sidewalks. Since I plan to slow down at bit it should protect my noggin in a fall. Not cheap but it feels and fits great. The visor/ goggle is held on by a magnet strip.  I also integrated a Marty RV Mirror into the helmet which required a minor modification but it looks built into the design.  I’ll get a photo tomorrow. https://www.amazon.com/Giro-Vanquish-Helmet-Matte-Firechrome/dp/B075RSKGSS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1523658095&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Giro+vanquish&psc=1&smid=A17U4P8R5Y7PAH

$275!

i'm cutting eyeholes in an old styrofoam cooler.

seriously, i'm not going warp speed. any helmet would be better than none. i'm looking for lightweight and ventilated. i have a zillion motorcycle helmets but they are too much crash protection for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks. And yikes, that is pricey for a bicycle style helmet. It does look sweet though. I really like the built-in visors, and this looks very comfy.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. And yikes, that is pricey for a bicycle style helmet. 

Yes it was expensive but that’s what I like about Amazon. If I wasn’t thrilled with the style and comfort I could easily have returned it. Of course I had to pull the old rehab1 and apply some gentle touches.  I’m now stuck with it.  :P

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's too cheap :P

ya, for this crowd.

if ur out on or near the mean streets, by all means, i’d be wearing one of my arai’s. puttering down my driveway or out in the pasture, this cheap one sb overkill, if i’ll wear it. trying to get an ebayer to sell me this open box one for $30.

otw for $30.

40726615214_800be83f64_b.jpg

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

@Rehab1 sorry you couldn’t get away and I agree, women want the best for us, reminds me when I really wanted to by a bike. Her reaction over next couple days was not worth the bike, I gave up on that., but she’s completely ok w. me getting g the wheels.

hopefully Soon she’ll see your side and would think different.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1