The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, rainystateguy said:

600 block of Market St.

It's right about here (near the McD's)

37°47'20"N 122°24'06"W 

if you need to refresh your memory (Google Street view) about pre CoVid times at the address.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

It's right about here (near the McD's)

37°47'20"N 122°24'06"W 

if you need to refresh your memory (Google Street view) about pre CoVid times at the address.

Great minds think alike.  As soon as I saw the photo I said to myself "looks like about the 600 block of Market".  I then went to Street View to check how close I was.  i had nailed it.  30 years of living and chasing down breaking news with my video camera  in SF pretty much imprinted most of the landscape into my brain.  The changes that have happened over the past 5 years since I moved away do  throw me off occasionally though.

Edited by rainystateguy

6 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Oct 25 Salem, Massachusetts.

I was nearly run down by a car driven by a guy with his girlfriend entering a package store parking lot from the opposite side of the street. He never indicated with his turn signals that he was coming my way into the bike lane. If I was wearing the latest Marty helmet light it might not have happened.

He sounded like he'd been drinking and getting out of the car I said 'you nearly hit me' to which he said 'your wearing a dark jacket'....saw your headlight. The chick looked a little shaken up, sitting up in the passenger seat with eyes wide open.

No contact.

Ever since the SCOTUS hearing started I've had two car incidents at night and a guy walking directly into me while talking with friends on the Sakim bridge bike path. I came to a stop and held onto the guard rail.

Sometimes I wonder if Catholics (like Barrett) proceed forward based in how they feel rather than watching where they're going.

Elsewhere the Governor's house , which I pass on a ride to Boston, was the scene of a 'breaking and entering'. Some guy leaving a letter about what was bothering him on the kitchen table. The governor has a 24/7 State Trooper vehicle posted in front of the property. Lately the house has been the site of several protests.

20201015205841-IMG-3684-2.jpg

Ride safe...

The current owner of the apartment building announced two morning walk through tours to prospective new buyers for this morning.

I left early to take some fall pictures on a 26 mile ride. Nice foliage today.

20201015100007-IMG-3678.jpg

My diabetes diet has been working. This morning my blood sugar was 63....after eating only a meager Swanson baked chicken dinner last night.

Bob, what have religion comments to do with EUC? 

Moreover, the US Americans here tend to forget that the rest of the world is barely interested (and up to date) on things like SCOTUS, Mrs Barret and such...

Nice pictures though (the last one is making me envious), and happy to hear you survived several accident scares and that your health is fine...

Sorry for the rant :)

@Bob Eisenman, I think you completely missed my point.

The kind of things you write have not only nothing to do with EUCs, let alone a Photo thread, but they are against the Forum rules:

Don’t use hate speech of any kind, including (but not limited to) hate speech related to ethnicity, race, sexuality, gender, religion, political inclination, or anything else deemed inappropriate by the moderation team.

Hate speech being "abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation." according to Oxford English Dictionary. 

I am surprised no moderators are picking up on this...