The Photo Thread

SlowMo

17 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

That path by the water is beautiful.  Looks like it would make for a wonderful ride.

It is! Too bad I didn't pack my mavic with me this time. Oh well, there will be more sunny days I hope :)

15 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

I didn't know that was enough of  a thing to have a course for it.

Oh yeah, courses are everywhere!  Best of all, if they are maintained well enough the trails are perfect for EUC riding.  I had a great conversation with the course owner who was all about me riding on his course.  His view was that, if you could ride one of those machines on his course, that it spoke to the quality of the course and how well it had been maintained, to which I promptly agreed :)!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

Oh yeah, courses are everywhere!  Best of all, if they are maintained well enough the trails are perfect for EUC riding.  I had a great conversation with the course owner who was all about me riding on his course.  His view was that, if you could ride one of those machines on his course, that it spoke to the quality of the course and how well it had been maintained, to which I promptly agreed :)!

Very cool!  I had never even thought to look for a course like that, but now I'll keep them in mind.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Got inspired to do some late night riding by meep (well not that late), and I had a chance to use my Velcro attached Ninebot headlight and red rear blinking light which worked well.  That's the moon back there.

895373_img2916.jpg

There's the Beast! The graphics appear to be holding up well! Beautiful! I now miss mine!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Got inspired to do some late night riding by meep (well not that late)

Good:D A big part of my rides were from reading the forum and suddenly thinking "Why am I sitting here instead of riding?" and before you know it you did 50 km. Nice to hear I inspired someone else too:whistling:

• Upvote 1

The last time I visited this cemetery was 40 years ago. I decided to ride there tonight. I snuck through a side gate as it was after hours and the main gate was closed.

Established in 1876, it sits on 160 acres and consists of 65,000 interments. It is so big that I got lost!  The deer were certainly surprised to see me and my wheel!

V5NRa84.jpg

• Upvote 3

On 6/18/2017 at 9:44 AM, KingSong69 said:

Coming from my "Month May" Asia trip in Thailand....the guys of KS Thailand there are ONLY doing night trips...

Thats mostly because of the heat in the days and that you can not exist in the sun on the day! These night drives are the best i ever experienced....so much to show , the lights are fantastic and BKK at all is a great city a t night ;-)

I love the night rides from KS Thailand and Carpark!

I wonder if Carpark is currently active though. Looks like most of their videos are at least a year old.

I went out on the causeway connecting Marblehead with Marblehead Neck. The ride was fun and the weather was great. On the return ride to the next town the sidewalk route ends near Salem Harbor with a four inch curb drop to continue near the end of a bend in the road where cars park to take bikes along the Rail trail. I debated hopping off the curb on the euc but all things considered I brought the EUC to a halt, bent over to turn it off and looked to my left as I prepared to step off the curb with the EUC by the handle. About four feet from my face and inches from the curb was a small postal truck , driven by a postal worker who made clear eye contact with me as she rolled quietly past before bringing the vehicle to a stop and continue making some deliveries.

All is fair, as they say and the postal worker was both paid and insured. It makes me wonder why a utilities truck honked once last fall as I rode along a sidewalk in the same town.

Can you imagine being a home owner carrying a mortgage worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, paying tens of thousands of dollars annually to expensive schools and colleges for your kids , owning a four wheeled luxury car parked in your driveway when one day you look out your window and see an EUC (value < $1k ) rider with one hand on your picket fence because the lumpy sidewalk (decades old tree roots) in front of your home caused the EUC rider to come to a stop , grab your fence and decide how to navigate the obstruction?

Bicycles (ridden by kids) handle the same terrain ripples with no problems.

IMG_20170710_105941.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:58 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Did a 73 km night ride including 700m mountain climb and mountain ride today

meepmeep sent me her path files for Google Earth. I made a Google Earth 'tour' of the ride which shows the surrounding alps terrain. 

Import each of the three Google Earth files (after importing the data files be sure they are check marked to display) and double click the 'tour file' to start the moving terrain map video tour.

This process patterns after a previous post by Marty Backe who made a tour file of a long EUC ride in California.

20170711101950-65177-data.kmz

20170711102233-65177-data.kmz

meepmeepmayer - alps tour-rev1.kmz

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

meepmeep's a "her?"  :blink:  I thought we were all pretty much dudes here on the forum.  B)  So how you doin'?  :wub:

At one time you were a 'her'!:P Brokebacke Mountain must have changed that!

Edited by Rehab1

21 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

meepmeepmayer sent THE files

:crying:

17 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

At one time you were a 'her'!:P Brokebacke Mountain must have changed that!

Avatar Transitioning is the new black!  (For those not in the know - I originally had Shandi Finnissey :wub: as my avatar pic, well, until it caused a lot of confusion amongst the dudes here.  :rolleyes:  

Shandi-Finnessey-3.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 3

Sorry Hunka, you can put your pants on again:P

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I made a Google Earth 'tour' of the ride which shows the surrounding alps terrain.

Neat. Never used the Google Earth program but now I'm going to see how this looks. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Never used the Google Earth program

From the path segments

1-re-create a 'path' of waypoints and save the path file,

2-in properties (right click) for the path file - select altitude ('above sea level' for the forum posted tour) and enter a value

3-next to (just left of) the lower left corner of the terrain map hover above the icon and  press 'play tour', (with the path file icon is selected)

4-save the file (to Google Earth My Places) as 'tour' as kmz by pressing on the icon seen on the right of  playback strip

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:crying:

Avatar Transitioning is the new black!  (For those not in the know - I originally had Shandi Finnissey :wub: as my avatar pic, well, until it caused a lot of confusion amongst the dudes here.  :rolleyes:  

Shandi-Finnessey-3.jpg

she looks like a model from the threads of 'Tumblr' and 'apprec8beauty' but with more clothing.