The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, EMA said:

Some pictures of latest trail ride from Rome

IMG_20230507_122428.jpg

IMG_20230424_171519.jpg

Really nice pictures,  i like them :)  but it must origin from some parallel universe or something... as far as i can see, there's is one Kingsong - rest is Begode, and that despite constantly having to hear that Begode wheels is some crap that doesn't work. Strange :P

• Haha 3

Grizzlas, basking in the sun, down by the lake there....

image.thumb.png.f6939999e92a98537a454495b89c2251.png

Lights, from top to bottom:

1. Knight Rider style vertical scrolling red LED tracer / laser diamond projection

2. Near view cycle headlight (fills in that area underneath Master main light)

3. Aircraft Turbo LED / strobe array - remote control, all the colors / patterns, ludicrously bright.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cerbera said:

1. Knight Rider style vertical scrolling red LED tracer / laser diamond projection

Is this on the front? and if it is why did you choose red and not white? Only reason I ask is I thought they don't like red lights on the front at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Is this on the front? and if it is why did you choose red and not white? Only reason I ask is I thought they don't like red lights on the front at all.

Yeah, it's a bit weird hey ? Lots of smaller reasons why that ended up where it did...

• They came as a set of 2 red ones, and I wanted laser chevron symmetry front to back, like so <>.
  • Don't think you can get these scrollers / laser combos in white.
  • I wanted to provide some visual clue that what is coming isn't a regular vehicle, and wanted something flashing for oncoming pedestrians to notice that wasn't also flashing lights I was trying to see with ! So my white lights focus down on the road and these red ones are aimed actually slightly upwards, more facing pedestrian eye level. I think the constantly scrolling pattern means people don't assume they are brake lights.
  • The vertical profile of that light, and its lower edge's distance from the tyre whilst in motion is helpful to me in checking at a glance how much my suspension has sagged, and showing me when it is time to get the pump out again ! (Damn leaky shock etc etc)
  • I'm hardly ever on proper roads (mainly use cycle paths / pavements / trails) so figure I don't have to be massively compliant with the lights... and indeed none of the various law and security people I have spoken to since I've had them have even mentioned it, so I have been assuming they don't particularly care ! As long as nothing is blue ! :)
Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Judging from your helmet alone, it looks like you just came back from a motorcycle ride on the freeway. :)

yes - it looks like that, and experienced many times before on MC, and didn't think it could happen on EUC, but seated riding around 35-40 mph can obviously do the job too.  It does not make it better that the beasts are lured by the headlight ;)

25 minutes ago, Robse said:

Evening ride in the forest and swamp area - conclusions;

1: Not again

2: My RS is too fast and you are too slow.  Rest in peace dear mosquitos :P

mosq.jpg

Bloody hell mate - how fast were you going ? I constantly ride through clouds of mosquitos (usually without seeing them first, and with outer visor open so they all go in my mouth!) but not a single one of them has ever splatted on my helmet ! Just reminded me of a bollocking I got from my Dad when I was a young driver, and brought the car back shortly after my test with bug-splats, which my father took as proof that I had been going over 55 mph !!

Edited by Cerbera

1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

Bloody hell mate - how fast were you going ? I constantly ride through clouds of mosquitos (usually without seeing them first, and with outer visor open so they all go in my mouth!) but not a single one of them has ever splatted on my helmet !

Just as fast as you can on a fully charged battery,no wind, seated,  and smooth even asphalt;   65-68  kmph (or a little more... :efef8189d7:)   Re Splatting; In order to kill, you must improve speed ;)    By the way, mosquitoes are a good source of protein.

Just now, Robse said:

By the way, mosquitoes are a good source of protein.

lols, and taste sort of peppery I find !!

Yes, I am not going at anywhere near those sort of speeds, so I guess that explains why they survive our encounters ! Kinda nice to know where the splat threshold is though, so useful AND amusing post !

4 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

lols, and taste sort of peppery I find !!

Yes, I am not going at anywhere near those sort of speeds, so I guess that explains why they survive our encounters ! Kinda nice to know where the splat threshold is though, so useful AND amusing post !

The Crime scene:

Annotation 2023-05-31 105604.jpg

• Like 2